Proponents of Veganism/Vegetarianism: Why? vol. Plz explain

PS OP you should watch the documentary "Forks Over Knives" if you're actually interested about the subject. The documentary dispels a lot of the misinformation out there in a non-sensationalist way, while answering tons of questions I'm sure you have. I've seen it probably ten times now after showing it to various family and friends. My aunt decided to completely change her lifestyle and diet after seeing it, got fit and lost 60 lbs, so that's a testament if anything is.. :smokin Anyways I think Netflix has it, if not, torrents.

Thanks, I'll have to look into that.

I was doing research online and found that the meat itself isn't unhealthy, but the kinds of meat. Lean, grass fed meats are not unhealthy at all, and are full of many of the vitamins (mainly B-12) that some have to take supplements to take and often don't get enough of without meat. But for every article praising the advantages of one diet, there is another one bringing up its disadvantages.

To put it simply, ethics. Once I educated myself on the moral, economical, environmental, and health implications of the use of animals in our diets and our products, I wouldn't have been able to look myself in the mirror if I hadn't become a vegan.

The ethics part interests me because while I get it, I don't get it. I've seen documentaries about how the big companies create massive amounts of chicken, beef, what have you but big vegetable/grain producers create many of the same issues in the product/environment (chemical runoff, clearing the large spaces of land, transportation, etc.)
Yeah watch forks over knives, changed my overweight friend with a bad family medical history's life. Women who know him hound him everyday about his continuing weight loss.

For the record I'm a flesh eater, if that matters.

see, that just sounds triflin'....

the only way life works is through reproduction and from organisms feeding off of one another.

animals eat plants.

plants eat animals.

animals eat animals.

throwing some stupid moral compass and valuing one 'life-form" over another is stupid. I respect if you want ethically treated animals, animals in free range, etc etc... but again life doesn't work without the living feeding off of the living.

blah blah blah blah blahblah

ill ignore ur whole post and simply concentrate on the final line. hope thats alright w. u.

by eating animals or their byproducts ur not consuming the living, just the "what was once alive". let roaches and crows and heinas do that dirty work. we're high spiritual creatures. we should be feasting and celebrating LIFE, not matter in the throes of decomposition.

man. i was a meat eater my whole life. i know that feel. i know that hunger i know that love. to this day the greatest tasting food ive ever had was a cheeseburger with swiss. nothing will ever touch it. but just because sumthin is fun to experience doesnt mean u should be doing it. i switched to veganism because what i used to eatnow repulses me. ethical /moral reasons arent the main reason although they certainly fair high on the list.

next, take milk/eggs. my dad used to always preach some goddamn milk and i was always like naaaaah. it just tastes putrid. but with some chocolate or cereal and i was 'good' to go. papa johns 6 cheese tuscan? sign me up!!!

now? i think if we were purposed todrink milk wed be suckin on utters. EXTRA big lip status. smh

that milk is for the calves not us. we should be suckin on them tittays when were babes (ok and on ur girl)and thats as far as it goes.

eggs? those r basically aborted fetus' of an animal that ur feeding to ur self and ur children. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird.

THAT.

IS.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

WEIRD.

is it getting thru yet????

basically, ur fridge is a graveyard. a pet cemetary. even killah cam (in reference to his fur/leather coats) said, "my closet? pet cemetary". he sees the truth, he just doesnt gaf.

well i do. and u should too.

i dont get sick anymore after i stopped eating chicken/meat. still rock with fish though.
But how do you know you don't get sick anymore as a result of you stop eating meat?

What else was changed?

nothing, thats the thing. Im talking about like seasonal colds, which i used to get like clockwork, (spring/autumn)when i ate chicken. I think cutting down on chicken improved my immune system. Btw, ill still eat chicken, but its not regular like it was, maybe once every three months.
I know exactly why it improved my immune system and i could get into the chemistry of it, but i dont feel like typing an essay right now.

srs question, why are there not more vegeterian/vegan athletes?
if vegetarianism/vegan was so much healthier, wouldn't we be seeing a lot more athletes be vegetarian/vegan?
someone's going to mention carl lewis and like 5 other guys, but im talking about the large majority of athletes becoming vegetarian. like lebron, kobe, phelps, bolt, etc. etc.

Serious you couldn't answer that yourself!?
Why do people drink 30 grams of sugar and dye? Misinformed.

Serious you couldn't answer that yourself!?
Why do people drink 30 grams of sugar and dye? Misinformed.

what color do they dye?

ill ignore ur whole post and simply concentrate on the final line. hope thats alright w. u.

by eating animals or their byproducts ur not consuming the living, just the "what was once alive". let roaches and crows and heinas do that dirty work. we're high spiritual creatures. we should be feasting and celebrating LIFE, not matter in the throes of decomposition.

man. i was a meat eater my whole life. i know that feel. i know that hunger i know that love. to this day the greatest tasting food ive ever had was a cheeseburger with swiss. nothing will ever touch it. but just because sumthin is fun to experience doesnt mean u should be doing it. i switched to veganism because what i used to eatnow repulses me. ethical /moral reasons arent the main reason although they certainly fair high on the list.

next, take milk/eggs. my dad used to always preach some goddamn milk and i was always like naaaaah. it just tastes putrid. but with some chocolate or cereal and i was 'good' to go. papa johns 6 cheese tuscan? sign me up!!!

now? i think if we were purposed todrink milk wed be suckin on utters. EXTRA big lip status. smh

that milk is for the calves not us. we should be suckin on them tittays when were babes (ok and on ur girl)and thats as far as it goes.

eggs? those r basically aborted fetus' of an animal that ur feeding to ur self and ur children. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird. thats so weird.

THAT.

IS.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

WEIRD.

basically, ur fridge is a graveyard. a pet cemetary. even killah cam (in reference to his fur/leather coats) said, "my closet? pet cemetary". he sees the truth, he just doesnt gaf.

I think my point still stands.In botany, a fruit is a part of a flowering plant that derives from specific tissues of the flower, one or more ovaries, and in some cases accessory tissues. We can dance around this but we all feed off of one another. From simple viruses to the lion. Are you upset when a fly is eaten by a venus fly trap?

If you're going to go vegan because you care about the life of animals, you should probably move to the artic or wilderness that civilization has yet to touch. because a lot of plants, animals, and people have all lost lives as we developed nations. There was a forest before that highway, and those animals you love had a lovely habitat before the farmers wiped them out for agriculture

Last edited:

THAT.

IS.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

WEIRD.

I love the taste of misery.

Anyways, for those who choose this lifestyle for ethical reasons, do you also only eat fruits and veggies grown locally that are natural to your local ecology? Eating fruits and veggies grown in your area but are unnatural to your area is bad for the soil and can harm the local plant and animal life. Also do you still wear leather and do your ethics also involve the treatment of human life? I would find it weird to care about how animals are treated and killed but still be a buyer of Nike, Apple, etc. with child labor and such.

For the record I'm a flesh eater, if that matters.

the only way life works is through reproduction and from organisms feeding off of one another.

animals eat plants.

plants eat animals.

animals eat animals.

throwing some stupid moral compass and valuing one 'life-form" over another is stupid. I respect if you want ethically treated animals, animals in free range, etc etc... but again life doesn't work without the living feeding off of the living.

THAT.

IS.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

WEIRD.

if there was a "You Rage You Lose" thread and this was posted there, i would lose. 

THAT.

IS.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

WEIRD.

"Weird" processes happen all throughout life. So, what's your point?

Saw some stuff and tried to eat bacon the next morning and couldn't do it. Decided if I can live just as healthy, if not healthier, without the need for animals to be slaughtered, why not give it a try. I was 16 when I made the switch and I'm now 21 so it's been a while.

Changes since:
-Used to have HORRIBLE allergies, they ended as soon as I stopped eating meat.
-Used to get 20+ nose bleeds a year. Have had maybe 10 tops since.
-Got sick not an insane amount, but a lot more than the average person of my age. I rarely get sick now.
-Combined it with a solid workout routine and lost about 45-50 pounds.
-Most importantly, I don't know how to explain it but I just started to feel clean afterwards. Just felt at peace with myself. Corny, but enh.

Damn, dude basically had a breakdown on NT, Give that man a salad, quick!

Last edited:
Saw some stuff and tried to eat bacon the next morning and couldn't do it. Decided if I can live just as healthy, if not healthier, without the need for animals to be slaughtered, why not give it a try. I was 16 when I made the switch and I'm now 21 so it's been a while.

Changes since:
-Used to have HORRIBLE allergies, they ended as soon as I stopped eating meat.
-Used to get 20+ nose bleeds a year. Have had maybe 10 tops since.
-Got sick not an insane amount, but a lot more than the average person of my age. I rarely get sick now.
-Combined it with a solid workout routine and lost about 45-50 pounds.
-Most importantly, I don't know how to explain it but I just started to feel clean afterwards. Just felt at peace with myself. Corny, but enh.

see i knew i wasn't the only one. Cutting down meat improved my immune system. As far as allergies, yea, I think it may have something to do with the hormones that they put in the meat along with antibiotics, which may have an adverse effect on the pro-biotic bacteria in your body.

Last edited:
i've been on a 'japanese' diet kick lately.  lots of rice (every meal, no oil or anything), tuna/salmon/mackrel, lots of vegetable broths.  tasty and a lot better for you.  it's not vegetarianism, but it's a lot more balanced.

Back
Top Bottom