Protecting yourself and other party when using Paypal

Mods, please move if this belongs in another section.I'm about to purchase some J's from a seller up North, and I have to use Paypal to pay him. I've never just sent money through Paypal without winning an ebay auction, so I'm a bit afraid of getting ripped off.Can anyone share the best way to go about this and ensuring that both the buyer and seller are protected?

Mods, please move if this belongs in another section.I'm about to purchase some J's from a seller up North, and I have to use Paypal to pay him. I've never just sent money through Paypal without winning an ebay auction, so I'm a bit afraid of getting ripped off.Can anyone share the best way to go about this and ensuring that both the buyer and seller are protected?

I once heard that once the buyer removes the funds from his paypal account then Paypal cannot retrieve the funds.

I once heard that once the buyer removes the funds from his paypal account then Paypal cannot retrieve the funds.

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

Not true, They will make your account negative and if u don't pay it they send it into collection.Best thing to do is pay with a credit card thru paypal, not your bank account.With your credit card you can call them if there's a problem and they will get your money back.Paypal wont do @*#% for you.

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

Not true, They will make your account negative and if u don't pay it they send it into collection.Best thing to do is pay with a credit card thru paypal, not your bank account.With your credit card you can call them if there's a problem and they will get your money back.Paypal wont do @*#% for you.

here's some other tips as well:
1. ask the seller to send you a good amount of detailed pics
2.be sure to save all of your emails and/or pm's
3.if you do need to open and resolve a claim, try to do it all over the phone. from experience, online customer service thru paypal takes a while.

good luck.

here's some other tips as well:
1. ask the seller to send you a good amount of detailed pics
2.be sure to save all of your emails and/or pm's
3.if you do need to open and resolve a claim, try to do it all over the phone. from experience, online customer service thru paypal takes a while.

good luck.

pimp.gif

where was this thread years ago?
laugh.gif

If you have an American Express card, use that. They are the best with protecting their customers with charges and such. Also, DO NOT send payment as a gift.

If you have an American Express card, use that. They are the best with protecting their customers with charges and such. Also, DO NOT send payment as a gift.

I'm definitely not sending payment as gift. I'm sure my CC will cover me, but does anyone have experience where their bank handled the matter when their deal went sour?

I'm definitely not sending payment as gift. I'm sure my CC will cover me, but does anyone have experience where their bank handled the matter when their deal went sour?

Send it as a gift, you save money, which adds up if you plan on going on a shoe binge.

Just make sure that you are using a CREDIT card and not a debit card so that if he just takes your money and doesn't ship then you can call the Credit card company and file a chargeback.

Send it as a gift, you save money, which adds up if you plan on going on a shoe binge.

Just make sure that you are using a CREDIT card and not a debit card so that if he just takes your money and doesn't ship then you can call the Credit card company and file a chargeback.

Now what if you are the seller?? Should I feel safe accepting paypal for the shoes im selling now which includes DMP Lanyes Grapes and more??
Is it possible for the buyer to get the shoes and claim that he didnt?? I've been out of the game for a while and cleaning house on whats left in my collection which is like 25 shoes, and I dont know how paypal been these pass 3-4 years since I last used it..

Now what if you are the seller?? Should I feel safe accepting paypal for the shoes im selling now which includes DMP Lanyes Grapes and more??
Is it possible for the buyer to get the shoes and claim that he didnt?? I've been out of the game for a while and cleaning house on whats left in my collection which is like 25 shoes, and I dont know how paypal been these pass 3-4 years since I last used it..

Originally Posted by feb171963

make sure when you ship them to get a tracking number and possibly opt for signature confirmation. both of those really come in handy to protect you as a seller.

Originally Posted by feb171963

make sure when you ship them to get a tracking number and possibly opt for signature confirmation. both of those really come in handy to protect you as a seller.

I'm the buyer, not seller, and I feel there's more protection for seller rather than buyer.

As a seller, I can accept/withdraw funds for payment and then ship out the shoes, but what's to stop the seller from sending fakes or beaters or nothing at all.

Then again, as the buyer, he can accept the shoes and then do the switch-a-roo and claim the received beaters.

I'm sure there's a bunch of examples out there. I just don't want to be one of those examples.

Back
Top Bottom