Protesting closes down freeway in Oakland. Fight for your rights!

Protesters Force Complete Closure Of I-880 In Oakland
Interstate 880 is closed in both directions in Oakland after a group of 100 to 150 protesters took their march onto up Jackson Street, forcing authorities to completely shut down the freeway in both directions.Full Story ››

[h1]Protesters Force Complete Closure Of I-880 In Oakland[/h1]

[table][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Interstate 880 is closed in both directions in Oakland after a group of 100 to 150 protesters took their march onto up Jackson Street, forcing authorities to completely shut down the freeway in both directions. CHP Officer Kevin Kroncke said shortly after 5 p.m. that the protesters had entered the highway near its junction with Interstate Highway 980. Students and educators have been protesting throughout the Bay Area and the state today in opposition to budget cuts to education.NewsChopper2 footage of the scene showed Oakland police, many in riot gear, on the freeway with the protesters lined up on their knees with their hands bound behind them. There is no word as to how long it will take to get the protesters off the freeway so it can be reopened.

I've seen the protesting today in Oakland on Telegraph.  The school system is terrible enough, now they have to take more drastic cuts????
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

There's way to many protests going on all over CA for so many different reasons. UC Davis had protests today that closed down the bus terminals. Students also went around pulling fire alarms all over important buildings on campus. Things are getting too real lately.

I agree with the cause. But all the ruckus in berkeley was keeping me up while i was trying to nap. Being on the uberman sleep schedule i feel like %#!* right now

Shut down 880? A lot of people are going to be REALLY mad.

If I had just worked a shift, I'm driving my SUV right through these people.

yeaaahhh they protested in sacramento but i don't think it went to that level.
jeeeezzz..

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

If I was riding a stolo I'd run all these losers over.

losers?  Whether or not you have a younger sibling or relative, this involves their future.  And these "losers" are trying to do something for them

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

If I was riding a stolo I'd run all these losers over.

FOH. You wouldn't do %%@+. You know it too.

I understand the frustrations, believe me, the budget cuts hurt me too. This wasn't the best move though.

A lot of those cats jumped off the freeway when they saw the cops coming in riot gear...and well, let's just say they
need somebody to put their legs back together now.

Back
Top Bottom