Prove to me why Lil Wayne is great?

Title says it all, people sayin' Wayne is greatest rapper alive/he's great, etc. etc. Prove to me how is he these things.

cause he's Weezy F Baby, and F stands for Phenomenal.

Spoiler [+]
SIKE
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

i think any rapper that can broaden the genre and allow other people who normally wouldn't listen to rap to appreciate it, should be considered a greatartist. Not only is lil wayne a talented lyricist and songwriter in general, he appeals to a large range of people and allows for hip hop to be viewed in adifferent way than it normally is, if you know what i mean. there are a bunch of artists who do the same, Kanye, Eminem, Outkast, Jay-Z to an extent, but rightnow Lil wayne is at the top of that list. You can be an extremely talented lyrical rapper and not have any presence or idea of what it takes to be a "rockstar." I think Lil wayne encompasses everything to being not only a great ambassador for hip hop, but a great artist and entertainer as well.

I don't get down with Wayne now but Wayne was fire a while back. Sqad Up tapes, Prefix, Carter 1, Suffix, Dedication 1, Carter 2, Dedication 2, Drought 1

that was a Jordan-esque 6 rings run of albums and tapes as far as I'm concerned.

Wayne right now has nothing to prove/is a drug addict and is just puttin %*@% out.

Probably his work ethic.

Great as in talent? no

Great as in putting the complete package together? (business+music+appealing to your fanbase) yes.

he's not the GREATEST, but he is a great artist IMO. you should listen to "Dough is what i got" and some of his older material

great rapper....no

great artist? hands down 6:30. he will easily die a legend. he been doing this for a very long time and has*excelled at a high level for a very long time.

*excelled can be left up to interpretation

Originally Posted by jville819

Who outside of Wayne himself says he;s the greatest alive.
what rock have you been living under fam. this is by far the consensus with the younger generation. iveeven heard them go far enough to be like who the hell is nas/jay z.
laugh.gif
and there are also some older heads that will agree too. i dont agree with none of that foolishnesss, but you been under a rock if you think yourstatement is true

Originally Posted by yungmatt

He's the most overrated rapper of all time.

I somewhat agree with this statement, but @ the same time don't. He was NEVER overrated until he started proclaiming "Best Rapper Alive"...thething is, after he said that, he only got BIGGER!-----"WHY?" Is the main question that needs to be addressed IMHO (because 95% of his best materialwas made BEFORE he claimed to be "Best Rapper Alive"). Dude has crazy talent/skills (when he's not completely !@%%*+ up on drugs) - there is nodenying that. Mentioning him with the G.O.A.T.S. is just plain disrespectful though.

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Originally Posted by jville819

Who outside of Wayne himself says he;s the greatest alive.
what rock have you been living under fam. this is by far the consensus with the younger generation. ive even heard them go far enough to be like who the hell is nas/jay z.
laugh.gif
and there are also some older heads that will agree too. i dont agree with none of that foolishnesss, but you been under a rock if you think your statement is true
I'm not speaking about dumb @!% kids.

I'm talking of his peers or critics. I know critics talk of him as being the biggest star in rap and working his @!% off dropping %##@ every other week butthat in no way makes him the greatest rapper alive.

I've never heard Jay, Nas, Em, T.I., Ye, or any other rappers who are known to be at the top say he's the best in the game.

Being the most popular doesn't mean you the best. I used to love Wayne so in no way am I trying to hate or anything but he can't be claiming he'sthe best when he's the only one saying it

His verse on Loud pipes was
eek.gif
but that was a long time ago. I do think heis one the best, and when everyone was puttin out complete trash or in hiding "working" on a album the dude picked up hip hop and ran with it. I knowthe mans music now isnt for everyone but I think the hateraid jug gets passed around for him way to much on NT. I feel the same way about half the stuff NTswears is the best thing ever on the front page ( won't name any names )
laugh.gif
. To each his own I guess but the man deserves credit for what he done while everyone was slackin.

Why is it always the new members that try to bring up wayne, hoping to get props because they know waynes hated on by majority of NT.

hes not great, a lot of kids like him cause his punchlines are easy to catch
grin.gif

'Dear mister toilet im the +*%'
indifferent.gif

NOBODY CAN '' PROVE'' IT TO YOU...You listen 4 yourself and agree or disagree...

Weezy is ill tho, that boy can spit.

I liked him back in Tha Carter 1 days. Now he's barely tolerable and half the stuff he says I can't understand.

dude is weak juice..... he cannot compete with the likes of nas, jay, em, pac or big....

Originally Posted by Flash Uno

dude is weak juice..... he cannot compete with the likes of nas, jay, em, pac or big....

You say hes weak juice..have you heard relapse
roll.gif
complete trash. betterleave Em out of that one. he went down hill worse than wayne did. I'll take Wayne in autotune over Em with that dumb arabian accent anyday. I can'tthink of a quality Nas album in the last 5 years either...better think that statement over.

Back
Top Bottom