Puma Re-Entering Basketball

Last dude I remember making some noise for them was Vince Carter in his rookie year.

2.jpg

Wonder what tech specs and or marketing they have in mind.

Prolly gonna pick and choose what the factories in China/Vietnam have available. So some Puma-Knit & Puma-Foam/Boost combo. Only difference will be the fiber density in the former and foam density in the latter to deviate from Nike/Adidas offerings.

It's all great that they are signing talent to endorsement deals, but it would be nice if Puma would actually show us some shoes. Would like to see what they look like and the tech (Puma Cell?).

It's all great that they are signing talent to endorsement deals, but it would be nice if Puma would actually show us some shoes. Would like to see what they look like and the tech (Puma Cell?).

this imagine from their IG kinda gives a hint of what it will look like:
IMG_5193.jpg

KD 11 lookin ***...

this thread should just be named "puma hoops"

Got an alert on my phone that Jay-Z has been named the president of Basketball Ops for Puma? Wild.

Got an alert on my phone that Jay-Z has been named the president of Basketball Ops for Puma? Wild.

He was wearing some Puma tracksuits in a few different videos that were filmed in the Caribbean. Maybe PUMA wants to capitalize on this?

really surprised we haven't seen any pics of shoes yet, feel like they must have some working samples if they are signing athletes.

also surprised they only now signed Clyde to a lifetime deal, figured he would have had something like that in place already.

Puma has all time great classic soccer cleats. I hope they use the lion logo moreso than the stripe.

hqdefault.jpg

The results are quite good sometime when they forego that giant stripe along the side.

Last edited:
depending on price point, I'd give them a shot. <$150 I'm tempted. <$120 I'm in.

Last edited:

This isn't a basketball shoe. Chris (Nightwing) posted this on his feed this morning (via someone else) and stated clearly that this shoe was for handball and NOT basketball. Kinda like the look though.

I'm actually feeling the new-age Clyde's. Color blocking could be really cool.

Back
Top Bottom