PURIST San Francisco -Grand Opening-

are yall gonna have a Nike account... if not.. you're wasting my time!!!!

no really you are...

wheres ur spot gonna be at anyway??
<<<<<<<<<<BAYAREA>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for the support from all the south bay folks and old school shoe heads!

Here's a bit more info... The store will open second weekend in June, stay tuned for the exact date.

Our opening lines will include Stussy, Subware, Recon, Gravis, Staple and Futura Labs.

Following in late summer we'll be adding a few other noteable brands such as Maharishi and FiberOps along with a few other heavy hitting surprises.

We WILL be carrying shoes but are still waiting for inventory to arrive from our suppliers. As the million dollar question is are you going to be carrying Nike. Keep your fingers crossed for us guys I think we have a good shot. We're planning some big things.

As far as where in San Jose we'll be... I'll give you a hint, its close to a temple.

So be patient and save your cash Purist will give you a new place to get your goods.

Further news will be dropped from here on in on a semi weekly basis.

Thanks for your continued support,
Kevco

Close to a temple? Hmmm. The only temples in San Jose that I know are located on McLaughlin & Tully, McKee and Capitol and another one up in Evergreen. Can't wait to see the shop!

its next to temple bar in downtown.....hopefully you guys paid attention to the way your place looks and your branding, or you'll look whack like Premiere

^ouch...low blow :lol:
laugh.gif
EquipoTRIcolor
Code:
 LA **O**N***C**E**

might be low blow, but call it as i see it. if you call yourself a boutique, step your game up all around, not just the products you carry.

Very true though. The branding of your shop can be a very big thing (i.e. HUF) It's not like it will mack your business, but it could definilty boost up the image you'd like to present yourself.......but it's a hard thing to come buy, especially with sooooo many stores opening up.
- Fong$tarr

E-mail: Fongstarr@hotmail.com
TEAM WARRIORS WE BELIEVE

Every brand you mentioned is available in the San Francisco. Nothing out of the ordinary, Im not hating at all. I think SF has a few more surprises up their sleeves as far as brands, etc.
"Sriracha is made from sun ripen chilies which are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic. It is excellent in soups, sauces, pastas, pizzas, hot dogs, hamburgers, chowmein or on anything else to give it a delicious, spicy taste."

Alright guys... chill out a bit.

The store's not even open and we have people here being too quick to judge.

I've been around the block a few times myself and have seen more boutiques than the most...

London
Foot Patrol
Size?

Tokyo/Harajuku
Shoe Bar
Atmos
Supreme
SOPH
Neighborhood

US
ARC
ClassicKicks
DQM
Flight Club
GOODs
Bodega
Motive
Union and on and on

I know what a nice store is, this is my interpretation, with my budget. As you can see, we're coming correct with our products. A lot of the brands we carry won't even open you if you're in a crappy location. For all the SF heads, you guys have HUF, Recon, Stussy, and Villians. The south bay is lacking a place for quality goods without a 50 minute drive.

So for the people that are curious, keep following the thread and our opening, we'll try not to disappoint. 
Kev

Don't sweat 'em, Kev.

Anyone and everyone can and will speculate for now. The store will 'em wassup.

You might have that stuff that's available elsewhere, but what's important is that it's available at YOUR store. Like you said, if I'm in SF, I could hit up HUF or one of the other spots on Haight.

If I'm your neck of the woods, I'm hittin' up Purist.

I'll see you soon.

~JOJO

NT '06 = NP '99

Member since December 22, 1999.
~g0nz0. Act like you know.

Quote:
Looks like PURIST gettin' haute couture with it! From what I heard, the labels they're going to carry are very exclusive and aren't available everywhere. Be prepared, they will come with some unexpected heat!

does their unexpected heat come with a hefty pricetag?

Again, Im not hating AT ALL. San Jose is def lacking a dope spot with the brand offerings you mentioned. All I'm providing is constructive criticism, and I really hope your store does very well, Im sure it will, and I will drop by when Im in that area. You have some great brands that not many stores carry, and hard to get accounts like Maharishi, FL, etc. Big fan of those products myself.

"Sriracha is made from sun ripen chilies which are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic. It is excellent in soups, sauces, pastas, pizzas, hot dogs, hamburgers, chowmein or on anything else to give it a delicious, spicy taste."

It's def a good idea. I hope your store does well. Sure the store might be carrying some of the brands that are available in SF, BUT it's not in SF. The location will be in San Jose, which if i could think of another location to open up a store i would choose that. Maharishi and FiberOps are two brands that to my knowledge aren't available in any boutiques (correct me if i'm wrong). Let the man open his business and live his dreams...
" ~ So many paths to choose from. The outcomes for each are uncertain. Decide on a path and keep moving. ~ "

Quote:
We will be carrying brands that are NOT common to the South Bay or even Bay Area in certain cases.
Team PICS?
where the PICS?
ferndogg07 gots beezys on lock​

Quote:
A lot of the brands we carry won't even open you if you're in a crappy location. For all the SF heads, you guys have HUF, Recon, Stussy, and Villians. The south bay is lacking a place for quality goods without a 50 minute drive.

That says it all....As far as I know, SJ only has a few boutiques, and when I say a few, I mean I can count them on 1 hand. Its always good to see new shops opening HERE in SJ because we are definitely lacking. Sure, we dont have shops like they do up in The City, but be glad that we have something here in SJ...With that being said, can't wait to check it out!!

Sup_

Again, the way you started this post made it seem like you will be
the BEST boutique, selling the BEST stuff, and will be BETTER than
the rest. Especially with "Streetwear is dead" comment. When you
ARE selling streetwear yourself.

Nothing wrong with tooting your own horn, if I was opening a store
also i'd be talking crazy also.

But from my own perspective its just another boutique store if you
wanna compare it to the others.

For San Jose, then yes it could possibly be the best store out there.
Since that area is lacking compared to SF.

Didn't you have your own t-shirt line also? I could be wrong.

But nonetheless, best of luck and I hope your store does well. If I
am ever in the area Ill make sure to visit. Congrats.

I hope you show some love to local designers :wink:
wink.gif
realizethetruth.net info@realizethetruth.net

i think he met temple lounge...the one downtown i forgot on which street? correct me if im wrong... downtown sj is def lacking retail boutiques... nice to see shops springing up

It's just good to know that another shop is opening up in San Jose. The area may not be as big of a destination spot as SF, but the people of San Jose and it's neighboring cities definitely deserve more shops like this.

Quote:
I think SF has a few more surprises up their sleeves as far as brands, etc.

Every area is different. LA has it's blend of stores that offer variety and so does NY. I'm sure Purist and other shops can come up with something different.

Back
Top Bottom