Purpose for shows like beyond scared straight?

Fake or Not I watch this %%%%, Pretty cool show
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

3:45 mark
roll.gif
*$%@% HOLD MY POCKET!

None of yal ever saw the OG ones? Those where real, this %**! is not
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is the classic that aired on MTV...all time greatest quote from this show.

YOUR NAME IS ROBIN !

on one da new episodes.. a lil girl swings at the officer.! i saw da previews for it, but havent caught da actual show!!!

That OG scared straight will make any adolescent transform in to a scholar. And that 16 year old was straight ignant with that " I bet if you had a daughter my age, she'd be on my team". 
Had me feeling like Alonzo

AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

That OG scared straight clip had me in here making sure my doors were locked.

To answer op's question, its to guide high risk kids away from a life of crime by showing them the results of their actions. Does it work for all of them? No. Does it work for some? Yes, which makes it worth it. It basically shows kids what happens when you're "about that life".

And to all those people saying "the rules say that the inmates can't touch them" these are INMATES! Do you think theyy follow rules?

I saw that episode of that kid brandon earlier tonight. Dude is just overly cocky,he eventually got kicked out of the program.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

That OG scared straight clip had me in here making sure my doors were locked.

To answer op's question, its to guide high risk kids away from a life of crime by showing them the results of their actions. Does it work for all of them? No. Does it work for some? Yes, which makes it worth it. It basically shows kids what happens when you're "about that life".

And to all those people saying "the rules say that the inmates can't touch them" these are INMATES! Do you think theyy follow rules?

I saw that episode of that kid brandon earlier tonight. Dude is just overly cocky,he eventually got kicked out of the program.
lol sort of a bump

but yeah that brandon kid came back and apologized at the end and surprisingly did the best out of the kids there, most of the kids on the show end up smoking and drinking a couple months later, the "Latest Update" at the end is always the best part

Originally Posted by Skateboard

The kids are real, but the inmates and guards are defo acting. If one of those guards carried out those threats or made those threats irl (ie: I will crush you), they'd be sued up the wazoo. The inmates are told to act especially crazy when the kids enter the prison.

yea, but they can only sue the officer, who isn't gonna be caked up.
the only way you can sue the prison is under a 42 USC 1983 which lets you sue the state for the actions of an individual so long as they violate a constitutional right and they were acting under the color (authority) of the prison. 

if it's a prison that is private its pretty much the same thing, but would be suing under vicarious liability.

Back
Top Bottom