Putting shoes on hold...

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Originally Posted by al3x89

I remember when the LeBron 7's came out, and I wanted to try them on.

Convo went something like this:

me: "can i try a pair of the lebron 7's in 11.5 or 12"
staff: "i don't know if i have any... people put them on hold"
me: "... well i can't even try it on so i can see if i like them?"
staff: "no, because if they come in and they're creased or something, they might not want them"
me:smh:...

he let me try on a pair anyways... didnt like them.
It's a by-product of people thinking shoes are investments.

Bend your brims! Wears your shoes! Stop thinking that having things in NEW condition is impressive - kids acting like the stickers on a $30 new era show you're a real baller
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, or that having a crease on a SHOE ruins it. You know what two letters ruined the shoe game? D and S

I'll put it like this. I know some of you cats on here wear your hats with stickers or have a dozen pairs of shoes in your closet, so I'll explain: The whole "keeping your stickers on the hat" thing started off in really poor neighborhoods. Peeps with no money who still wanted the freshest gear would either have to boost (steal) or buy a knockoff. To prove that they HAD money, the people with the legit merchandise started keeping the tags on to prove it was real. Seriously. That's how this crap started.

It's sort of sad, when you think about it. People who are so insecure about their social situation they walk around advertising that they're not poor. Anyway, I know that isn't the case for EVERYONE, but the major point remains

You only get one go in life. Why keep your shoes in a box?
Agreed. I also believe in WEARING SHOES YOU PAID FOR. I hate it when I come in to a store and "they dont have my size", and as soon as their boys come in, one pair magically appears from thin air. I'm not hating on the OG's or the guys with the Hookups (cuz I want a hook up too
grin.gif
), but it is bothersome.
I will always wear mi kicks. They are still just shoes...
laugh.gif

i work at ftl, and i hate when co workers put shoes on hold. even some of my managers do it. if a customer comes to my store for a shoe, especially a limited release, i don't care who has it on hold. i'm selling the shoe to the customer. i hate losing sales cuz homeboy 50 miles away knows a co worker and they're holding it for them. more or you loyal customers should speak up about this. go to a store and ask for the email address of the district manager or the number to customer service. then complain about the service your receiving about employees putting shoes on hold for their friends. companies that want to stay in business listen to their customers.

Tip: the numbers to customer service are on the websites of retailers.

Originally Posted by al3x89

I remember when the LeBron 7's came out, and I wanted to try them on.

Convo went something like this:

me: "can i try a pair of the lebron 7's in 11.5 or 12"
staff: "i don't know if i have any... people put them on hold"
me: "... well i can't even try it on so i can see if i like them?"
staff: "no, because if they come in and they're creased or something, they might not want them"
me:smh:...

he let me try on a pair anyways... didnt like them.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

frown.gif
crooklyncon wrote:

i work at ftl, and i hate when co workers put shoes on hold. even some of my managers do it. if a customer comes to my store for a shoe, especially a limited release, i don't care who has it on hold. i'm selling the shoe to the customer. i hate losing sales cuz homeboy 50 miles away knows a co worker and they're holding it for them. more or you loyal customers should speak up about this. go to a store and ask for the email address of the district manager or the number to customer service. then complain about the service your receiving about employees putting shoes on hold for their friends. companies that want to stay in business listen to their customers.

Tip: the numbers to customer service are on the websites of retailers.

Well most of the time they don't even say the kicks are on hold. They just flat out say they are out. I would love to report these folks but I think a few of them have been caught before or whatever so instead of saying we got them on hold they just tell you oh well sorry you are SOL.  
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom