Putting shoes on hold...

Originally Posted by KiCkzB4HoZ

Don't you hate when stores put limited releases on hold for their friends? I
Well it's standard practice.  It's usually the manager's call.  Technically they shouldn't but if it means that much, a whole lot of people have to make enough noise to inform DM's of the stores or take it to the extreme and report this to NIKE corporate itself.  The problem is not enough people say anything. 

I remember when the LeBron 7's came out, and I wanted to try them on.

Convo went something like this:

me: "can i try a pair of the lebron 7's in 11.5 or 12"
staff: "i don't know if i have any... people put them on hold"
me: "... well i can't even try it on so i can see if i like them?"
staff: "no, because if they come in and they're creased or something, they might not want them"
me:smh:...

he let me try on a pair anyways... didnt like them.

I dont want the hook up. I just want equal ability to cop shoes as anyone else. My city is only getting 24 pairs of eggplants/2 foot lockers. The employees are putting them on hold for themselves and their friends.

Originally Posted by al3x89

I remember when the LeBron 7's came out, and I wanted to try them on.

Convo went something like this:

me: "can i try a pair of the lebron 7's in 11.5 or 12"
staff: "i don't know if i have any... people put them on hold"
me: "... well i can't even try it on so i can see if i like them?"
staff: "no, because if they come in and they're creased or something, they might not want them"
me:smh:...

he let me try on a pair anyways... didnt like them.
It's a by-product of people thinking shoes are investments.

Bend your brims! Wears your shoes! Stop thinking that having things in NEW condition is impressive - kids acting like the stickers on a $30 new era show you're a real baller
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, or that having a crease on a SHOE ruins it. You know what two letters ruined the shoe game? D and S

I'll put it like this. I know some of you cats on here wear your hats with stickers or have a dozen pairs of shoes in your closet, so I'll explain: The whole "keeping your stickers on the hat" thing started off in really poor neighborhoods. Peeps with no money who still wanted the freshest gear would either have to boost (steal) or buy a knockoff. To prove that they HAD money, the people with the legit merchandise started keeping the tags on to prove it was real. Seriously. That's how this crap started.

It's sort of sad, when you think about it. People who are so insecure about their social situation they walk around advertising that they're not poor. Anyway, I know that isn't the case for EVERYONE, but the major point remains

You only get one go in life. Why keep your shoes in a box?

^wayy outta topic but i agree.

Friends, yes...loyal/repeat customers, no.
Business like that should be handled behind doors, and the employee who said that was a complete moron.
If someone else like a Secret Shopper would of asked that, employees would of been outta jobs that night.

I can understand if the people at the store are holding out until one of their loyal customers who invested thousands upon thousands of dollars at the store to purchase it, but hooking up friends are just something thats pretty stupid.

So you guys mean to tell me that if you worked for foot locker etc...that if one of your homies, or a very good customer asked you to hold a pair for e$ because they can't make it early or whatever you wouldn't do it? Let's be real..

.it just sucks to not have that hook up
ohwell.gif

So you guys mean to tell me that if you worked for foot locker etc...that if one of your homies, or a very good customer asked you to hold a pair for e$ because they can't make it early or whatever you wouldn't do it? Let's be real..

.it just sucks to not have that hook up
ohwell.gif

This has been standard practice before most of you were even born. Just gotta learn to live with it or adapt to it.

Im 26 years old and Ive never had shoes put on hold. I remember saving my money as a kid to get the Jordan 5s. I remember riding the bus to foot locker and waiting for them to open to get shoes. If i cant get there when they open or if they dont have em when I go...I dont need em!

^i agree, in this time and age, how can you really miss out on a release?

If you aren't willing to shell out the extra couple of bucks, you aren't going to get what your looking for.
Its not the end of the world, and there's certainly, more than one spot, or store you can pick up shoes next time.

^ You mean to tell me that when you were 7 years old you saved up your money and rode a bus by yourself to FootLocker before they opened and bought some shoes????????

You were 7 - I don't believe it!!

I personally don't have a problem with people putting sneakers on hold for their primer customers and even friends in limited amounts. But if it's to the point that they are holding all the sizes and don't have any to sale to the public then the manager should step in. It pays off to be nice to the workers in places you shop.

doesnt bother me,

they hold stuff for me...

I would also say, they've seen me enough to know me...

Originally Posted by shaft

Make some new friends...

Lol "true" i work at a FL myself  and i actually do it just for maybe one of my homies cause i know he gonna come thru and get em but some guys ask but dont come so its only a few that id hold something for. i would want someone to hold something for me if they could. Like my man shaft said network a lil.

i hate it... but its apart of the sneaker game... i personally wouldnt do it for friends because its first come first serve.. if u want it that bad line up. its how much u wanna pay extra to get the pair. i had it done to me so i wont do it on a release that is VERYY limited but i will do it on something like foams, or the spacejam release.... nothing like a HOH type limited.. i prolly just dont have good enough friends i guess.

Back
Top Bottom