QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Roethlisberger is putting up prolific numbers for the 7-3-1 Steelers, ranking second in the league with 3,664 passing yards and tied for seventh with 24 touchdowns. But he isn't afraid to take chances, resulting in 55 interceptions in 52 regular-season games dating to 2015.

He's one of five quarterbacks with at least 50 interceptions during that span, including the Jacksonville Jaguars' Blake Bortles (57 in 59 games), Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Jameis Winston (55 in 51), New York Giants' Eli Manning (50 in 58) and Sunday's opponent in Heinz Field, and Los Angeles Chargers' Philip Rivers (50 in 59).

But Roethlisberger has the best record by far among that bunch, going 37-14-1 in those games, with 102 touchdowns.

Only New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (44) has more wins since 2015.

Something something something Luck throws too many turnovers

You can't win if you turn the ball over

Something something

Marcus Mariota goes 22/23, 303 yards, 2 TD's, zero turnovers, 147.7 rating.......loses by 3 scores.

Somehow, that's not the craziest thing I've seen this year. The Bucs putting up 500+ yards and scoring only 3 points would get that vote. Imo.

Quoted from the NFL main thread
upload_2018-11-27_8-28-6.png

:sick: :sick: :sick:

I remember when 60 percent was like some golden standard in football and only a third or maybe half the league would be in this range, now it drops you to the bottom. Crazy times

Yep. Completely different game these days.

Curious what it looks like in 4-5 years when Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ben, Rivers, Eli are all out. (Maybe Rodgers is still hanging on)

counting on that. but for some reason, something feels different this year

The weather changes and the game becomes different.

The high turnover winning teams are the Steelers, Vikings and the Colts.

I think the Steelers and Vikings have the weapons to overcome multiple turnovers but could they overcome it in New England, Kansas City or outduel Saints or the Rams?

i'm not sure who is underappreciating rivers thou..

i'd have to think which QB is the most underappreciated ever.. i mean he's probably the best out of his draft class but probably gets rated behind big ben because big ben won SBs

but if people got eli over him, well they clearly gotta be giants fans

good lord, just went to look up the QBs from that draft.. bills took JP losman 22nd

upload_2018-11-28_14-11-20.png

Interesting, the 1 loss for Brees was this year (week 1) and then of course the two Mahomes.

That's 3 losses just this year for teams scoring 40+.

This is the first year Ben ever threw for 5k.

****, brees should be 4th in QB rankings for MVP.

Who are the top 10 quarterbacks right now?

Figure Rodgers and Brady slide down the “rankings” a little bit.

Brees?
Mahomes?
Roesthlisberger?
Luck?
Wilson?
Rivers?

Happened again.

Tom Brady throws a horrible pass, down 28-24, 1 minute left, Gronk tips it up, easy INT, game over. Brady's 3rd INT of the game.

Dee Ford offsides. (Because the LT was lined up at RB, but whatever)

Brady is the goat, hero, 9th SB, etc etc etc.

He threw the game ending interception and lives to tell about it.

Drew Brees throws a dime wheel route, receiver mugged in broad daylight, every ref watchin some other game. Drew Brees will not go to the Super Bowl.

Career altering narratives form off stuff like this. Eli gonna finish his career with more rings than Brees. Eli got a helmet catch, Brees got the Minny Miracle and the phantom PI.

All that said, Brady has played almost two and a half full seasons of playoff games. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's putting numbers up that are never going to be touched. Never. I don't see another QB going to a decade worth of Super Bowls. Words don't even sound right typing them.

Brady was FAR from perfect. and yes, that penalty let him off the hook for that INT. but throughout that game...every GOTTA HAVE IT throw...he delivered. he doesn't get to throw to guys that beat their guy by 5 steps. and it's just taken for granted. and it's not really ooh and ahh'd over because it's not flashy. it's dismissed as "dink and dunking". but man, he made some THROWS on big downs...here's the 3rd downs in OT:

SB will be Tom's 40th career playoff game. 2 and a half NFL seasons, just in the playoffs. :lol: Dude even has the most rushing attempts in QB playoff history.

upload_2019-1-21_11-28-27.png

Back
Top Bottom