Quality issues with reissues/reimagined Nike Air shoes.

Nike makes consumers jump through hoops by limiting availability of OG colorways. Which makes resellers create raffles in special apps and whatnot. Meanwhile Nike skimps on quality control of tehse limited releases. Recently the Air Jordan 3 drop of the Cement reimagined created much dismay. Because of the elephant leather is inconsistent on both shoes on many pairs. My pair luckily is OK. And I checked and rechecked according to youtube videos and reddit posts. I'm relieved my pair doesn't have these quality issues. But seeing what others have to pay $210 for just infuriates me. And makes me afraid to buy a second pair on the resell market. Because I won't know what I will get at a higher resale price.

This same quality issue thing happened with the Air Max 3 OG Laser-blue (mens) and Spruce-Lime (mens). The toe boxes would be wonky and have inconsistent arches sown with a "left hand". It was even worse on the Spruce-Lime for some reason. So I bought multiple pairs and picked the best ones (left and right shoes) that I'm happy with and not have these inconsistencies. I think I bought around 5 pairs of the laser-blue and 2 pairs of the Spruce-Lime. And sent back the wonky pairs. I know this is a weird way of going about it. But Nike doesn;t give me any other option. I still like a second pair of the spruce-lime. But it's sold out everywhere in my size!

At this point I feel Nike should stop with the limited release of OG colorways. Or amp up their quality checks. I will have to wait 3-5 years for another chance at the cements (without the weathering on the midsole). But at this point I feel it's not worth it anymore and Nike can shove it.

There's kind of a positive light. The Nike Air Max 3 Eggplant (womens) was spot on and very neatly done with the first pair I bought at an even discounted sale price. Can anyone tell me if they have similar experience with women's releases being better sown?

*What quality issues did you guys/girls have on which limited production releases?
*Do shops open up boxes before launch-dates to pick out the nicest looking pairs for themselves?

[I'm not sure if NIketalk is political and will delete this thread because of interests. I will know soon enough]

If they were smart they definitely would stop limiting the production on their big name retros . Why make them hard to get ? It’s just dumb . They’re shoes . Make them easily accessible for anyone who wants to and has the money to buy them . Back in the old days you could just walk into a shoe store and buy the shoes . Didn’t have to jump through hoops hoping to get a pair

Other brand have better quality products Nike live off it's nostalgia
This is it. They are selling their brand name, and their nostalgia. The bars also have been lowered because when it is nostalgia you will mostly take anything. Further, we have a new generation that does not know what high-quality materials is (or was) - they want what is hot on IG or what their fav celeb is wearing. If it feels like bricks none of these kids even bats an eye. So perfect storm for a company like Nike, who always sold themselves as being a superior brand, to just pump out less than superior shoes and they almost all now sell out. Repeat, repeat.

Back
Top Bottom