Quarter Life Crisis (Only 22) Dambs

Dambs, realized today I might have hit a major stump in my life.
I work as a developer (great job with great salary) but most of the realization came after deciding that being 22, I haven't really done anything to please myself.

Changed jobs because of a relationship (been together 4.5 years). 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Now homegirl (my girlfriend) is heading off to graduate school in Pittsburgh (we live in Texas & I'm not moving to be with out there). L's taken for sure but you live and learn. 
frown.gif

I just have to get myself in order and continue to pursue my interests. I don't even like programming. 
mad.gif

'Any of y'all  been in a quarterlife crisis? if so, how did you handle it?

20s is no joke, w/e choices you make during these years effect your rest of your life imo. Follow your interest man, with passion comes success.

If you really love the girl I don't see why you wouldn't move to Pittsburgh with her. I mean if that is your girl and all. Just adjust your career from there. Love isn't something that you allow to just walk away because of pride. Because pride is the only thing that is stopping you from "following that girl."

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

If you really love the girl I don't see why you wouldn't move to Pittsburgh with her. I mean if that is your girl and all. Just adjust your career from there. Love isn't something that you allow to just walk away because of pride. Because pride is the only thing that is stopping you from "following that girl."

Damn, never thought of it from that viewpoint. But the question is, would she have done the same thing for me?

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Damn, never thought of it from that viewpoint. But the question is, would she have done the same thing for me?
It doesn't matter. You don't need to live your life based on inverse hypotheticals.
You love the girl to death man. Don't let Pittsburgh take her away from you man. Too many of us just let our loves fall away because we want to save face. Go to Pittsburgh, live life with your woman man. Get married and have kids while you are young. Shock the world and stay together for a long time and not get divorced like other immature people. You got it in you man. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

I'm convinced that DC is one of those forever alone dudes.
pimp.gif
 You know me too well Daniel.
@ Cap, I am just telling the dude to follow his heart. Nothing further.

You're 22, no I say don't go to Pitt. BUT, only you know how serious/special she is to you. Plenty of women out there.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

You're 22, no I say don't go to Pitt. BUT, only you know how serious/special she is to you. Plenty of women out there.

Yes, that is the qualm I have to face. Don't want to leave the moment to whatifs.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

why don't you ask her?
eek.gif

in 4.5 years you don't know if she'd do the same for you or not?

22 is young...either way you'll be able to bounce back...

if you break up at 22 its not that big of a deal and you'll meet other women...

if you stay together well you've beat the odds and congrats name the first kid mytmouse
happy.gif

Dc is CLEARLY trolling famb...lol.

You're 22... be 22...

I'm still rolling at the blatant misinformation DC tried to kick.

Lolol

she'll be miserable in pgh anyways lol trust me i live here nthn to do bro. she be back (smokey v.)

Originally Posted by ricky409

Dc is CLEARLY trolling famb...lol.

You're 22... be 22...

I'm still rolling at the blatant misinformation DC tried to kick.

Lolol

Originally Posted by Al Audi

20s is no joke, w/e choices you make during these years effect your rest of your life 
True with shades of gray. But usually by 25+ who you are then will probably be a beacon of who you will become for the rest of your life. 

complaining at 22. Being 30 suck. especially knowing that 1990 was 22 years ago. If you can get the same job in Pitt, you need to go out there. even if it's the armpit of America.

Im 25 n this thread makes my life feel worthless.. i should be a surgeon or summin by now
30t6p3b.gif

Ive been blessed/cursed with the never gave 2 dambs... i always pursue w/e makes me happy. . Dont care what anyone thinks. Even my parents know it and accept it.... sux being a disappointment but bc ur intrests dont align with social noms but true liberation >>

Originally Posted by Addicted2fresh

4.5 years..
indifferent.gif
how?... make money, party, and chief all day. Youll feel better soon.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

all this. lock this thread

I'm about to be 25 this year and I'm going through my quarter life crises. Got a lot of regrets and need to learn to let go my past.

It's an everyday struggle but each day is a new day that you can work towards your future.

Hit my quarter life crisis about 2 years ago....Bought a Mustang GT....Crisis done. (seriously did this. lol. Wife was pissed at first until I took her for a spin in it.)

Back
Top Bottom