Queen and Slim Thread (Starring Daniel Kaluuya) Out Now

MV5BMjIzYmJkZmEtM2RkZS00MDA4LTg4NjAtOGRkN2EwZmFmMWE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_.jpg

I HATE when posters have people listed and not have their names (captions) above their respective heads.

Damn I wish this thread was popping.

With as few spoilers as possible: I liked the movie but I see why it's getting the reactions it is.

This is the greatest thing that's gonna come from this:

Feel bad for her bc I'm sure she had good intentions and plot issues (you'll see lmao) aside, it was a great movie.

they should have just had them fly off whether they got shot or not

also he needed to say "***** you shoulda just gave me my phone back" one time in the movie

i hope yall peep bc i wanna know what y'all think about this increasing "genre" of film...

Damn I wish this thread was popping.

With as few spoilers as possible: I liked the movie but I see why it's getting the reactions it is.

This is the greatest thing that's gonna come from this:

Feel bad for her bc I'm sure she had good intentions and plot issues (you'll see lmao) aside, it was a great movie.

they should have just had them fly off whether they got shot or not

also he needed to say "***** you shoulda just gave me my phone back" one time in the movie

i hope yall peep bc i wanna know what y'all think about this increasing "genre" of film...
What genre is that? Blavity?

I had wanted to see this since the trailer dropped. What do you rate it out of 8?

Cool movie, good pacing with the location switch ...And Bokeem Woodbine and the day dude in the parking lot was laughs lol

Movie went off the rails about halfway thru.

Didn’t understand the point of the lil boy’s subplot, didn’t like the juxtaposition of the sex scene and the riots.

Dude said the plane was coming tomorrow morning, then flipped it to one hour & they went right along with it :lol: come on man

One of my pet peeves is being spoonfed, they didn’t need to show homie counting up at the end

Edit: my bad :lol:

Last edited:
Movie went off the rails about halfway thru.

**** you ***** *** ****** who didnt see it yet

Damn raw no spoiler lmaoo

I'm glad they included it bc that woulda been an even bigger plot hole, like was dude an agent? I forgot they had a bounty. They played that whole part wrong. Dude popped up outta nowhere but I guess that fits the desperation they woulda been in at that point.

and yeah the kid **** was random and kinda double silly to have it be a black cop, like I really ain't even get the "message" lol.

Last edited:
I had a heated lil debate w/ my shorty after the movie :lol: :smh:

I made a joke that if the main chick would have shut the **** up none of this would have happened...and shorty was livid. :lol: Went on a whole rampage about her being the reason why they "survived" (for 6 whole ****ing days go figure...:lol::smh:). I already peeped the propaganda in the trailer but I went in anyway. Dope cinematography...but I'm good on these type of movies man :smh:

I was gonna give my unfiltered thoughts on the film but I don't even wanna bother. I see how this movie can trigger several different classes of outraged citizens and I don't have the energy for it.

And the scene with the kid and the cop....bruh come on :lol:

Last edited:
I finally got around to seeing this..I liked the movie overall but a few scenes definitely rubbed me the wrong way.
- I will never understand why that little boy shot and killed that cop, **** literally made 0 sense and it’s no explanation that will change that for me.
- The scene when Slim went in the G station was just weird as ****...Why would you act like you robbing the place? Then why would the Clerk ask to hold the strap and offer to pay for your gas? Then why would you let him hold the gun? Then why would he point it at you with a serious face and all you say/ do is “What you doing?” That was the dumbest part of the movie.
-If she was a lawyer and a self proclaimed “excellent” one, why didn’t she just let dude turn himself in and defend him herself? She didn’t kill the cop, he did. You can defend your uncle who murdered your mother and get him off, this should have been a breeze.

-How the **** does a Radiator and Water Pump add up to $2500? They could’ve said **** it and bought a shooter.

I had a heated lil debate w/ my shorty after the movie :lol: :smh:

I made a joke that if the main chick would have shut the **** up none of this would have happened...and shorty was livid. :lol: Went on a whole rampage about her being the reason why they "survived" (for 6 whole ****ing days go figure...:lol::smh:). I already peeped the propaganda in the trailer but I went in anyway. Dope cinematography...but I'm good on these type of movies man :smh:

I was gonna give my unfiltered thoughts on the film but I don't even wanna bother. I see how this movie can trigger several different classes of outraged citizens and I don't have the energy for it.

And the scene with the kid and the cop....bruh come on :lol:

The joint I seen it with was the opposite :lol: ...She was talking bout how shorty turned that whole situation up even tho the Police was being a dikhead...At worst yo woulda spent the night in bookings pissed off if she aint jump out the whip...Good to see her being level headed in the discussion after the movie

And the only reason I can think of the boy shooting the cop is he mentioned about wanting to be remembered, maybe that was a stupid way of calling back to that convo...But he aint even have any type of vibe of being bout any action when they 1st met him so it was weird

The joint I seen it with was the opposite :lol: ...She was talking bout how shorty turned that whole situation up even tho the Police was being a dikhead...At worst yo woulda spent the night in bookings pissed off if she aint jump out the whip...Good to see her being level headed in the discussion after the movie

And the only reason I can think of the boy shooting the cop is he mentioned about wanting to be remembered, maybe that was a stupid way of calling back to that convo...But he aint even have any type of vibe of being bout any action when they 1st met him so it was weird

Props for having a level headed joint :smh:

That ***** literally hopped out the car...in 2019 and screamed “IM REACHING FOR MY PHONE” while the cop had his **** drawn on homeboy already :lol: and she was an attorney.

And I dunno how I forgot about that gas station scene with the clerk...fam. That was Power level writing there.

About halfway thru the movie, I checked out...

I said ‘What?’ and ‘Aight, Man!’ in my head too many times during the movie...

Girl on my timeline said that the movie had Beale Street visuals with a Baby Boy plot and that stuck with me after I saw the movie...

They could’ve built the story better given the movie was a 2-hour flick...

The big dude they took to the hospital was trying too hard to be funny...

You rob a gas station but hand over the loaded gun to the same clerk you were robbing?

You riding halfway thru the South in a 3rd Gen Pontiac ON 20’s that gets like 10 mpg?

The mechanic charging THAT much for a job that should’ve been 80-85% cheaper?

And above all... shorty was an attorney. Between Dash Cam footage and your expertise, you couldn’t have been good from the jump?

The realest moment was my guy Bokeem throwing the full-length fur over the matching Sean John velour... :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire:

Back
Top Bottom