Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (a Spaghetti Western) scheduled for release Christmas 2012

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Christoph Waltz is the greatest actor Tarantino has ever worked with.

LOLWUT?

granted he was
pimp.gif
in Inglorious bastards, but Brad Pitt was
pimp.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

the video made a good point about Waltz as the "owner" of candyland and Leo as the other Bounty Hunter

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
at will not signing on for this
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I like Jamie in the Hurt Locker, hopefully he doesnt disappoint in this

and
eek.gif
about that other movie being made with Fassbender and Pitt

Originally Posted by MMG

LOLWUT?

granted he was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

the video made a good point about Waltz as the "owner" of candyland and Leo as the other Bounty Hunter

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
at will not signing on for this
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I like Jamie in the Hurt Locker, hopefully he doesnt disappoint in this

and
eek.gif
about that other movie being made with Fassbender and Pitt

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

^ Jaimie Foxx wasn't in the Hurt Locker though...maybe your thinking about "The Kingdom"? Or Anthony Mackie?

Agree 100%
No actor has had greater depth and range than Christoph Waltz

Originally Posted by MMG

LOLWUT?

granted he was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
If you think Brad Pitt is a better actor than Waltz, you are crazy.

Originally Posted by MMG

LOLWUT?

granted he was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
If you think Brad Pitt is a better actor than Waltz, you are crazy.

How so? I love Waltz and think that he's one of the better actors that Tarantino has worked with but I don't think he's the best.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Agree 100%

Absolutely.  Please tell me one actor that has been in a Tarantino film who shows the depth that Waltz does?  Waltz is amazing.

Brad Pitt is awful...there are hundreds of better actors.

His stupid accent in that movie made me hate his character.

Agree 100%

Absolutely.  Please tell me one actor that has been in a Tarantino film who shows the depth that Waltz does?  Waltz is amazing.

I think it's safe to say that waltz has had one of the best roles written for him by tarantino, but i don't think he's the best... i mean django hasn't even come out what about Leo as a villain, or sam jackson as a house slave(still can't wrap my mind around that concept) I'm not taking anything away from waltz by no means ...but i wouldn't even know who to call the best in his films, he has that rare attribute in directors where he gets the best out of his actors, or atleast Uma Thurman. 

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Stop it

laugh.gif

Yeah hundreds may have been a gross exaggeration but I see him as an average actor.

That silly comic relief moment when he said "arrivederci" with his cute little southern accent...yick...

Waltz absolutely stole the show within the first thirty minutes of that movie...my interest steadily declined after that interrogation scene.

I'm not really a Tarantino fan though.

Originally Posted by PLVN

Originally Posted by Rolaholic
That silly comic relief moment when he said "arrivederci" with his cute little southern accent...yick...
You can't really blame him if that was how it was written in the script and how his character was supposed to be.
Waltz did give an amazing performance and was the standout in the film.  It's one of my favorite movies so I thought everyone was solid in it.

Originally Posted by dhart48

Agree 100%

I think it's safe to say that waltz has had one of the best roles written for him by tarantino, but i don't think he's the best... i mean django hasn't even come out what about Leo as a villain, or sam jackson as a house slave(still can't wrap my mind around that concept) I'm not taking anything away from waltz by no means ...but i wouldn't even know who to call the best in his films, he has that rare attribute in directors where he gets the best out of his actors, or atleast Uma Thurman. 
Hanz Landa is the greatest character Tarantino has ever written (He's actually said this himself, it's not my opinion although I agree wholeheartedly. remember, this script was 10 years in the making) 
He's specifically stated in interviews that if he couldn't find the right actor to play the character, the movie would have never been made. I simply can't imagine Leo would do any justice to the role... his "accents" in every single one of his movies fall in and out of his regular voice (Gangs of NY, departed, etc)

If you ask me, Christoph Waltz was dependent upon Hanz Landa as a character just as much as the Character needed him to bring it to life. Come-on...  FOUR languages with precision delivery. I'm not sure there's another actor on earth that can do what Christoph did for that character. 

I am stil very disappointed will smith didn't go outside his comfort zone and take this role. Says alot about him.

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

^ Jaimie Foxx wasn't in the Hurt Locker though...maybe your thinking about "The Kingdom"? Or Anthony Mackie?
my bad, i meant Jarhead

I'm not sure there's another actor on earth that can do what Christoph did for that character. 

DDL could've done it.

Back
Top Bottom