Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (a Spaghetti Western) scheduled for release Christmas 2012

A buddy & I were talking about this over the weekend while watching the slate of NFL games. Tarantino has wanted to do a spaghetti western for a long time & the "internets" says the script is done. Slashfilm.com says the Weinstein Company has it scheduled for release Christmas 2012.

The story is supposed to take place during the slavery era of the US & it's supposed to have slaves participating in bare knuckle fighting for slave owners while helping other slaves escape. I've also read the story might also have to do with a former slave extracting revenge on his former master.

Samuel Jackson is supposed to definately be in it but there have been all kinds of rumours as to who else will be in it ranging from Will Smith, Jamie Fox, Kevin Costner, Leonardo DiCaprio, & Christoph Waltz.

I can't even imagine what this movie is going to be like...What do you guys think?

already confirmed that jaime fox is the protagonist of the film, will smith was originally the one they wanted

de caprio is the antagonist of the film

wow really
laugh.gif

Man, this is going to be really ill. He has a knack for putting together the craziest *%#. I heard Jamie Foxx wasn't officially hired yet that speculation was still premature. Apparently Tarantino really wants Will Smith for the lead. We'll see...

I know one thing, the soundtrack is going to be tight. I wonder if he'll have Rza & Robert Rodriguez do it like he did with Kill Bill. This movie seems like it would be taylor made for those two to do again... 

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

already confirmed that jaime fox is the protagonist of the film, will smith was originally the one they wanted

de caprio is the antagonist of the film
Ya this. Old news, still really looking forward to this tho.
pimp.gif

According to Collider.com on a post that appeared 6/22/11, "For those unaware, Django Unchained centers on a freed slave (Foxx) who joins forces with a German bounty hunter (Waltz) as part of a plan to save the former’s love from an evil plantation owner (DiCaprio). The film is slated to hit theaters on December 25th, 2012." It says Will Smith passed on the role & Tarantino spoke to Idris Elba, Terrence Howard, and Chris Tucker before offering the gig to Foxx. The post appears here. Saw another post stating he's talked to Harvey Weinstein & relayed he would have a 3rd installment of Kill Bill for sometime in 2013...Interesting...

EXCLUSIVE: Quentin Tarantino never has trouble putting together good casts for his films, but his Sergio Leone-style Spaghetti Western Django Unchainedis turning out to be quite something. Kevin Costner is in negotiations to join a cast that is headed by Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson and Leonardo DiCaprio. Costner is in talks to play Ace Woody, and it’s a real surprise turn for an actor most associated with good guy roles. He’s the sadistic trainer of the male fighting slaves who entertain the white patrons of Candyland as well as the female slaves who are forced to be prostitutes. The club and ranch are owned by Calvin Candie (DiCaprio) and Ace Woody is the one who pits the “mandingo

I'm a huge fan of QT and all, but why a remake? He's good enough to have OG projects stand on their own. It's so easy for him to grab a previous idea, and swag it out.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Tarantino is one of my fav directors but dude is so overrated...like beyond belief.
Did you type that with a straight face?
I don't see the problem with his opinion. Dude is overrated to say the least. Around this forum at least. There are by far better directors out there that have had a bigger impact on film than Tarantino. 
If Tarantino is high up on your list of directors, thats cool, but don't be surprised when you don't see it on majority of peoples list.

When I saw Will Smith and slave together my mind didn't think rebel freeing other slaves.
laugh.gif
. Idris would have seem perfect for it. Too bad he passed or was passed on.

Wow, he's finally making an actual Spaghetti Western. All these years you can see elements in his movies but damn I already know this is going to be nice. Even his worst movie (Death Proof) is still pretty good.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Tarantino is one of my fav directors but dude is so overrated...like beyond belief.
Did you type that with a straight face?
I don't see the problem with his opinion. Dude is overrated to say the least. Around this forum at least. There are by far better directors out there that have had a bigger impact on film than Tarantino. 
If Tarantino is high up on your list of directors, thats cool, but don't be surprised when you don't see it on majority of peoples list.
I get your opinion thing but name a director in the modern era who has made an impact on cinema the way Tarantino has? In the era of CGI and huge budgets, Tarantino has constantly made hits without a ton of effects and very compelling storylines. Not to mention dude said he was one his favorite directors so I don't see how you could also find him THAT overrated. I'd love to hear 5 directors in the modern era who have had a FAR bigger impact on cinema than he has. Hell, even most A-list actors put him way up there. Shouldn't that say something?

Back
Top Bottom