Quentin Tarantinos Movie Thread - “THE MOVIE CRITIC” no longer his final film

Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair was supposed to be both volumes combined into one film. Originally, QT was going to release them as one film but the studios said FOH, split them up. The Whole Bloody Affair was rumored as a home video release but nothing ever happened. Kind of died over time although some fans are still hopeful it might come out someday. If he does another Kill Bill, I can see it happening.

Why wasn’t she in it? Scheduling problem?

I believe the character was CGI, like supposed to be identical, I forget the reason why he didn't go forward with it.

In this scene that introduces her with the guy at the bar. She's supposed to stab him in the front and the twin comes out of nowhere and stabs him in the back

I have never and will never get the Kill Bill hype.

Pulp Fiction
Bastards
Reservoir Dogs
Django

Are the only ones I rewatch.

Hateful 8 was enjoyable until the end.

Only good thing about Jackie Brown was Sam Jackson.

Kill Bill
Pulp Fiction
Bastards
Reservoir Dogs
Django

I enjoy all his films to a degree, but those up there are the ones I re watch frequently

kill bills the most action packed and it has assassins, killers, samurais, guns, martial arts, gallons of blood, etc...

Coogler went from Fruitvale to Black Panther on his directorial path, and it was fast, figure QT can do a space film.

I really didn't wanna wait to see it. But my homie got us tickets to watch it Mondey at the New Beverly Cinema (Tarantino's theater) in 70mm.

Really excited, since I've never been. Anyone in Socal have any experience at that theater?

Sorry gentlemen
I watched it today and did not like it.
Acting was great, cinemotography too but story was mediocre. For me its thumbs down.
It will get acting nominations but that should be it. i dont get the Cannes standing ovation. Not a quality story or movie going experience for me.
The best part for me was seeing my childhood neighborhood and haircut spot.
Shout out to the 818

Attachments

• 566F1D9D-D7B4-4AA7-A7AA-888131BB4D6D.jpeg
    566F1D9D-D7B4-4AA7-A7AA-888131BB4D6D.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Going to watch on Saturday morning..

I really didn't wanna wait to see it. But my homie got us tickets to watch it Mondey at the New Beverly Cinema (Tarantino's theater) in 70mm.

Really excited, since I've never been. Anyone in Socal have any experience at that theater?

100% retro vibe. I caught Gremlins there last year (the movie even skipped, talk about old school :lol:). Snacks are pretty affordable. I would arrive pretty early if you want good seats - people lined up about 30 minutes before showtime when I went, no telling how it will be for a hyped release like this.

I'm jelly you found tickets. I looked too late :blush:

Movie was awesome.
Peeps was just wanting that Tarantino action film. Movie was never portrayed like that in trailers.

As a pseudo-historian, I was skeptical when I heard that QT was the one to portray this story on film (given the already gory subject matter). Glad he didn't take things over the top.

Wasn’t feeling it left before the third act because it was a first date ...I could tell girl I was with didn’t like plus movie theater only served wine and beer no liquor

If I was lit we would have stayed

I’ll probably go back with my friend because he don’t believe me he think I’m cappin

This movie going to be decisive

Whole thread sleep on Death Proof tho...THATS my fav QT movie.

I liked the last 20 minutes of that movie. The rest was over the top laughably bad. I know that’s kinda the point of the movie. But probably his worst film in my opinion. Also this actress was unbearable
48B0D655-B059-4695-BBDC-ABAE079165D7.gif

Back
Top Bottom