Question about Cool Grey XI?

I recently wore my pair of Cool Grey XI's for the first time and noticed a very stronge smell of glue or plastic of some sort. Has anyone else have this problem with their pair?

I like the good brand new smell as well, but this smell is different. It smells like when you get a new shower liner for the bathroom. It's really strong, I never had any of my other shoes smell that strong.

loli kept mines in the box for a long time and when i wore it, i believe i experienced the same smell. i guess it has something to do with being in the box for a long time haha

alot of the new releases smell like acetone, you think the cool greys are bad..... my fiance nearly passed out when i stank up the entire closet with my statue of liberties lol

Originally Posted by 2FACE

I like the good brand new smell as well, but this smell is different. It smells like when you get a new shower liner for the bathroom. It's really strong, I never had any of my other shoes smell that strong.

Did you buy them from an Air-randy, Slamdunkspace, etc...?

Smell reminds me of my college days back in organic chemistry lab. They slap the shoes together so fast to sell them the glue doesn't have a chance to finish curing. I wouldn't want to be the glue guy on the assembly line

Jordans with patent leather have a certain smell to them. my cool grey 9's had sort of a funky smell to them too.

Originally Posted by 2FACE

I recently wore my pair of Cool Grey XI's for the first time and noticed a very stronge smell of glue or plastic of some sort. Has anyone else have this problem with their pair?
Actually all AJ XI have a very distinctive smell.
Maybe it is because of the patent leather treatment or something.

Back
Top Bottom