Question about HDTV, HDMI and a Laptop VOL Person with the correct answer gets a prize

So I play blurays on my PC then hook it up to my HDTV via HDMI. it works pretty well for the most part but certain areas like every minute or so it kinda stuttters and skips a lil bit.

Anyone have any solutions on how to stop the stuttering and skipping? I use VLC Player to play the blurays

Whoever gives me a correct answer gets a mystery prize
smile.gif

You might need a better codec pack. Or a better processor. I dunno, I have the same problem and I havent done anything about it yet
smh.gif

VLC has issues sometimes with playing HD content. It has to do mostly with CPU usage and your processing speeds. DO you have another player you can use to play your HD content? MAc or PC?

yup. run a quick defrag or eliminate some junk off your desktop for a quick fix just to see if that helps. if not its due to insufficient graphics processing.

Originally Posted by Noskey

You might need a better codec pack. Or a better processor. I dunno, I have the same problem and I havent done anything about it yet
smh.gif
laugh.gif
well this is the right thread for you my friend

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Get a better computer
well I ran a bluray test to see if I play them successfully and efficiently on my laptop and it passed

I have a Satellite A505-S6960

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

VLChas issues sometimes with playing HD content. It has to do mostly withCPU usage and your processing speeds. DO you have another player youcan use to play your HD content? MAc or PC?
ummm na I havent looked into other players..I have a PC

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

yup.run a quick defrag or eliminate some junk off your desktop for a quickfix just to see if that helps. if not its due to insufficient graphicsprocessing.

iight thanks fam..I do think it may be due to graphics processing

ITS THE CODECS.. :

USE divx CODECS....

fOR THE PLAYER USE:

km pLAYER

YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM AGAIN

I sometimes get that problem
I switch up my player to windows media player for some HD content and it runs smooth. I dunno why VLC won't play some HD content properly.. but maybe try that

Originally Posted by superbness

why is my post disappearing then reappearing?

Cause Yuku is like that kid who you think should be in the 'special' class in high school, but has just enough hand-eye coordination to stay with the other kids while he licks glue off his hand in the back of the room.

Thanks for that player link
pimp.gif

Get a better laptop. My brother hooked his laptop to our tv and it works flawlessly. He built his laptop as a desktop replacement though, so its really powerful. Whenever he plays games or BDs, everything runs smoothly.

replied to see later, cause i have this same stutter problem with DIVX player watching downloaded movies

I have a question, probably a dumb one.

But can I go just purchase any cable to connect my laptop to my HDTV? Or would it have to be made specificly for my laptop? IE. A Compaq laptop would need a Compaq cable.

ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom