Question about Jordan Trunners... HELP MY MOM !!!

How are they?

What are they specifically designed for?

Quick story...

Winters approaching... My mom, who runs (jogs) everyday needs a new pair of shoes for the treadmill...

SHE DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT SHOES...

She mentioned.. going to Walmart for some "bin shoes".... " Who cares, they're just shoes"

I said NO... wait !... Let me see what NT thinks about The Trunners

she said "Who's NT?" :lol:
laugh.gif
ele34k.jpg
2gwyzgp.jpg
NIKE092107_140433.main.jpg

Please avoid comments of "UGLY"... I know they're ugly... but she won't care. as long as they fit and are light
This thread is stupid

Need Videogames?

I have the Trunner Fly's you posted above but the Blue ones... They are SUPER light weight. They are pretty comfortable after they are worns for awhile. When you first start wearing them they are a little tight since they are a "slip on" shoe but they stretch out some as they wear in... As far as running in them everyday, I couldn't tell you...
You say I'm not The "E"??? You wanna make a bet???

The difference in quality between a $15 Wal-Mart shoe and a $30 name brand shoe (asics, Jordan/Nike, RBK, New Balance, etc.) is HUGE.

Just spending twice as much as she would at Wal-Mart will pay off GREATLY, because...
#1- her shins will get more support from a name brand shoe, because they all have different things in the sole to provide cushioning that is FAR SUPERIOR to the thick piece of rubber on the bottom of a Wal-Mart shoe.

#2- her arch will get more support for the same reason

#3- her ankles will get more support, because name brand companies make it a POINT to make a shoe that grabs the ankles of the athletes they make them for; Wal-Mart makes it a point to just throw something on the shelf that looks athletic

#4- the name brand shoes will last longer, because name brand companies know that people who buy their product are actually going to use them a LOT, so they use better materials and sturdier stitching; Wal-Mart uses the absolute cheapest materials they can buy, and I'm pretty sure they stitch their materials together with blind ferrets.

It might be a tough decision if Wal-Mart's shoes were $15 and the cheapest name brand shoe you could find was like $150, but that is definitely NOT the case here. Wanting to spend $15 at Wal-Mart, and then deciding to go ahead and double that and spend $30 on a name brand shoe will give her a shoe that will be FAR more effective in doing anything athletic, and it will last way, WAY longer.

And I am a REGULAR shopper of Wal-Mart. We easily spend a couple hundred there every month, but NOT on athletic stuff. Groceries? Yes. Athletic apparel? Heck no.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Trunners are a name brand shoe, are they not?

Yes, they are.

So my previous comment is what I think about them.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

I didn't ask the difference between a name brand shoe and a walmart shoe... I know the difference...

I was asking about The Trunners specifically....

*note the title...
But I'm not gonna argue with a mod.... Because you could just press the "WIN ARGUMENT NOW" button

This thread is stupid

Need Videogames?

^ :rofl:
roll.gif

10 and half in my Air Force One, gimme 2 purr- Murphy Lee

OG NT member since March 15th 2001 with enough grapefruit to use government

^ Bro, this isn't very hard.

You said,
forever23:
She mentioned.. going to Walmart for some "bin shoes".... " Who cares, they're just shoes"

I said NO... wait !... Let me see what NT thinks about The Trunners
Just take my previous response, and everywhere you see 'name brand shoes', substitute 'Trunners'.

Here, you seem to having difficulty, so I'll do it.

Quote:
The difference in quality between a $15 Wal-Mart shoe and a $30 name brand shoe (asics, Jordan/Nike, RBK, New Balance, etc.) Trunner is HUGE.

Just spending twice as much as she would at Wal-Mart will pay off GREATLY, because...
#1- her shins will get more support from a name brand shoe Trunner, because they all have different things in the sole to provide cushioning that is FAR SUPERIOR to the thick piece of rubber on the bottom of a Wal-Mart shoe.

#2- her arch will get more support for the same reason

#3- her ankles will get more support, because name brand companies Trunners make it a POINT to make a shoe that grabs the ankles of the athletes they make them for; Wal-Mart makes it a point to just throw something on the shelf that looks athletic

#4- the name brand shoes Trunners will last longer, because name brand companies Jordan Brand knows that people who buy their product are actually going to use them a LOT, so they use better materials and sturdier stitching; Wal-Mart uses the absolute cheapest materials they can buy, and I'm pretty sure they stitch their materials together with blind ferrets.

It might be a tough decision if Wal-Mart's shoes were $15 and the cheapest name brand shoe Trunners you could find were like $150, but that is definitely NOT the case here. Wanting to spend $15 at Wal-Mart, and then deciding to go ahead and double that and spend $30 on a name brand shoe Trunner will give her a shoe that will be FAR more effective in doing anything athletic, and it will last way, WAY longer.

And I am a REGULAR shopper of Wal-Mart. We easily spend a couple hundred there every month, but NOT on athletic stuff. Groceries? Yes. Athletic apparel? Heck no.

4L8O15S16T23!42

You don't have to go the JB route. Just grab her a pair of Brooks and call it a day.
Team Wolverines​
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch​
"You don't call ******ed people ******s. Bad taste. You call your friends ******s."​

No, I don't have any Trunners.

I don't trun. I hate running, and I don't train.

I have... cleats and basketball shoes.
4L8O15S16T23!42

New Balance 991's or 992's. Those are awesome running shoes.

Contrary to what most ppl say here, I actually think the Trunner Bubbles aren't bad to run in. If you can find those, I'd give those a try.

You want a REAL answer?

Trunner LX all the way.

I trained in the original Black/Reds and Obsidian/Carolinas and took both of them to the ground. Now I run and lift in the Black/Yellow Woman's Trunner LX (sz. 13) and those are :pimp:
pimp.gif
LA
SAY NO TO VARIANTS!​

if your mom is planing to get some shoes for a thread mill then running would be a a better choice. i would recomend a running shoe over a trunner, i mean the trunner is a combo of RUNning shoe and cross TRaining hence the name TRUNner get it, but the reason nike has all these difrent types of technologies is because not everyone can reach there peak in a tailwind or a shox junga or lets say zoom swift. honelty it depends on there running style does ur mom pronate (you can tell by the way she wears out shoes if the inner part of the heel is worn out she most likely pronates) then maybe she may want to pick up something from the bowerman series. if your mom is heavy set maybe something like a tailwind or air max will fit her need, if she is wants something responsive maybe somethin like zoom swift would suet her best. but dont let her buy shoes because they are jordan trunners or because they are air max's buy her something that will fit her needs, if all she is doin is treadmill then maybe trunner is not the right answer, unless she is gonna cardio classes like step arobics or something like that hope i helpd u a lil bit if you have more questions or my answers did make sense feel free to ask
<b>CHICK HEARN THE GREATEST ANOUNCER OF ALL TIME</b>

Back
Top Bottom