Question about recent AM90 Infrared releases. HOA? Premium? 08?

Hey guys,

I just wanted some clarification on the kinds of infrared AM90 released in the past few years. I have a pair from 05 (or around that time)...but I have no ideawhat kind they are.

Can you guys enlighten me on the release dates, availability, and differences between the HOA, Premium, and 08 releases of the AM90? Or there's any otherversions/releases that I don't know about? I know there's a version out there with "ostrich" leather as well, which is that?

Any help is appreciated. They re-released them at such a torrid pace that I've lost track of which one I originally got.

2003 EU/Asia release...best quality version out of all the retros
max-90-3.jpg

HOA - 2005 release.....general release in the US

2008 premium - released in EU/asia....ostrich mudguard, leather lining, "premium" mesh
eyes.gif
air-max-90-infrared-premium-03.jpg

2008 regular version (more pinkish) released in EU/asia as well.....crappy paint...limited in the states....
am90ifnew7.jpg

Good info

On the 08 Premium edition, I quite liked the transparent infrared bits... the deal-breaker for me, however, was the 'premium' ostrich mudguard... Ididn't like the 'dots'...

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

2003 EU/Asia release...best quality version out of all the retros
2008 regular version (more pinkish) released in EU/asia as well.....crappy paint...limited in the states....
am90ifnew7.jpg

Shouldn't this pair be pictured on the new Nike Sportswear box? I know both of my '08 pair came in the new one.

yea....it should. that's not my pic so i couldn't tell u why they aren't...i got it off google.

Interesting. Thanks for the help, I definitely appreciate it.

Can anyone provide a better picture of the 2008's paint vs the 2005's paint?

I'd like to pick up another pair, but can't decide which version is worth my money.

only thing disappointing about the 2003s is that they don't have the infrared tongue lining its grey.

I love em all, dont forget the infra current as well.

But i hope Nike get real with the next release and add a touch of orange to the infrared CW, dim down the pink abit.

^ Max Orange is where its at then?
wink.gif

Yeah, Currents don't really count IMO. Simply not enough Infra...

you prob have the HOA's if you got them around 2005
Here's a pic of the '01 MX orange am90

the mesh was "bigger"
'03's are the best imo

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Good info

On the 08 Premium edition, I quite liked the transparent infrared bits... the deal-breaker for me, however, was the 'premium' ostrich mudguard... I didn't like the 'dots'...

same here. in fact, without the ostrich, I would like the premiums better than the originals. I know i'm in the minority on that though.

History of Air-2005. I thought the quality was bad then, but crush the 08's(not premiums.)

Originally Posted by BIGRED33

you prob have the HOA's if you got them around 2005
Here's a pic of the '01 MX orange am90

the mesh was "bigger"
'03's are the best imo

BEAUTIFUL. Just look at that shape. It has never been a dealbreaker for me, but the shape of 90s has definitely changed over the years.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ Max Orange is where its at then?
wink.gif

Yeah, Currents don't really count IMO. Simply not enough Infra...
No i dont think so. The MX Orange from 01 was particularly good, but that should be a stand alone that should be releasedagain, hint hint...

The Infrared should be the Infrared, but with a touch of orange into the mix to tone down the pink, similar to the 03 colour.\ but definately different to MXorange.

05 is the only one to have the HOA insole that I know of? I have seen pics of the latest Mar09 AM95 Neons though and they have HOA insoles - %+*?

^really? i agree with arisorous, the 05's should be the only ones with the HOA insole.
i know the freshwaters and the team orange 95's have a regular '95 insole

the 2009 neons have the same insole from the HOA release.....no one knows why....they are definitely not leftover stock lol

The '03 UK release also have the "original" air units, before the environment friendly gas used since 2005 and the HOA releases, the bubble airis really much bigger, and the shoes are lighter than the hoa's.
Though, the feeling's quite the same, I'm 240 pounds, and I don't feel a big difference between them (on the heel), but visually the hoa'slooks like crap compared to the '03s, I'm selling the hoa's only because I bought some '03s ...

01's are the best retros IMO..Best shape, color, and texture..Wish they woulda make the HOA just like the 01, but they used a really bad mesh material onem...

Back
Top Bottom