Question about torn ligaments

yea i was limping for almost the whole week after i tore mine last year. i couldnt even bend my knee because it was so swollen.
not to thread jack but after ACL reconstruction, is the knee same as before? i mean playing ball like you used to before the injury..

Hell no, but it all depends on which ligament you tear.

Your knee consists of 6 ligaments, but there are 3 major ones. If you tear the PCL or the ACL then you're in big trouble. Surgery will be needed for thoseinjuries.

You won't really know much until you have an MRI though.

Originally Posted by TheGGGame

yea i was limping for almost the whole week after i tore mine last year. i couldnt even bend my knee because it was so swollen.
not to thread jack but after ACL reconstruction, is the knee same as before? i mean playing ball like you used to before the injury..

Speaking from experience. It all depends on how well you rehab your knee. I tore my ACL in 2005 and I JUST got back to playing without worrying about my knee.I didn't rehab it everyday like a professional athlete would, but I did so in the initial stages.

I waited about a good month before I went into surgery, and then didn't rehab everyday either. Although, I know some people who did have surgery a weekafter tearing their ACL's and rehabbed everyday. It took them a good year before they were 100%. The people who did all that tells me that the knee inwhich they tore their ACL is stronger than the other.

Back
Top Bottom