Question for anyone 21-25: You feel like time's running out?

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by Kingtre

damn- your title aint help me out- i'm turning 25 in a like a week
ohwell.gif
how am i at the END of your age range
laugh.gif

tired.gif
Damn thats crazy i thought you was like 30
laugh.gif
. Your more than GOOD fam
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
damn son you putting YEARS on me....25 a week from todayactually...craziness....ive done allllot at a young age so at this point i feel even older... but i guess with that comes more wisdom- like things i see peoplemy age doing and getting into i got out my system, good or bad, years back

just being around what i was around as a youngin i pictured myself somewhere else at this age but in due time i guess....i will be THAT 60yr old dude pushingthe bentley on 22s he couldnt get when he was younger if it comes to it
laugh.gif

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, yea man dude doin it better than any cat from around my way comin up.

im still playin catch up with tre an dem , i remember back in a ol jewelry thread i said him an NLV was my 2 NT idols.
some how cape verde was brought up i think off the topic of sean kingston jamaica flag piece. a young cat like myself was like yea........them dudes got memotivated. they reppin

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Don't spend your 20s worrying.

Post-college, there's a re-adjustment to your perception of life and to your expectations.

You'll be mentally crushed under the weight of society's benchmarks if you allow it. Don't.

Stay positive, stay focused, and do not chain yourself to time/achievement deadlines. You're setting yourself up to be detrimentally discouraged.

Enjoy each day and don't whine about your current age and wish you could go back to a younger one. If you're 23, for example, and you do that, five or 10 years from now you'd look back at 23 and see you had nothing to really complain about, that 23 wasn't bad at all.

Live your life, enjoy it, and try your best. That's all you can humanly do anyway.

Don't put pressure on yourself, whatever your age. No one follows the same plan someone else does.
That is a damn good positive post. And this is my favourite thread in a long time on NT. I felt the same way as a lot of you did starting 12months ago when things didn't go as planned when I graduated. I turn 22 in August. The feeling has not gone away. I feel it is just one good break away ofcompleting the goals I want in a timely fashion. Things that I thought would be served on a plate when I was younger...I now realize is a lot tougher. Untilthat happens, I just got to keep working hard (strong salary position, MBA program acceptance, new home etc).

Originally Posted by TheRav4

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Don't spend your 20s worrying.

Post-college, there's a re-adjustment to your perception of life and to your expectations.

You'll be mentally crushed under the weight of society's benchmarks if you allow it. Don't.

Stay positive, stay focused, and do not chain yourself to time/achievement deadlines. You're setting yourself up to be detrimentally discouraged.

Enjoy each day and don't whine about your current age and wish you could go back to a younger one. If you're 23, for example, and you do that, five or 10 years from now you'd look back at 23 and see you had nothing to really complain about, that 23 wasn't bad at all.

Live your life, enjoy it, and try your best. That's all you can humanly do anyway.

Don't put pressure on yourself, whatever your age. No one follows the same plan someone else does.
That is a damn good positive post. And this is my favourite thread in a long time on NT. I felt the same way as a lot of you did starting 12 months ago when things didn't go as planned when I graduated. I turn 22 in August. The feeling has not gone away. I feel it is just one good break away of completing the goals I want in a timely fashion. Things that I thought would be served on a plate when I was younger...I now realize is a lot tougher. Until that happens, I just got to keep working hard (strong salary position, MBA program acceptance, new home etc).

Thank you.

I've been there and I'm still acclimating.

In my late, late 20s now. If I could have my mid and early 20s back, a huge thing I'd not do is worry like I did. It didn't solve anything and mademe feel worse.

Do what you can - keep a positive attitude, keep focused, be prepared, find out what's necessary to achieve what you want and then go the extra mile - butdon't worry about it and don't put the weight of the world on yourself. Trying to live based upon what you think your family and friends think of youwhen things aren't going the way you wanted/thought can be really, really hard to handle. But don't pay attention to that - it's an illusion.

If I could encourage anyone in their 20s with this subject on their minds, it'd be to keep these things firmly in mind.

Back
Top Bottom