Question for Cleveland area heads...

Quick question, I just got accepted to CSU law and I'm thinking about attending. What is the housing like in the Cleveland area? Any reccommendations on areas, complexs, prices, neighborhoods and so forth. Thanks for all the help in advance.
Hebrew 11:6

I can definitely help you out with that.

The housing in the cleveland are have severely taking a steep fall. You probably dont wanna end up on the east side. The East side is really the downfall of cleveland.

Im on the West Side, Denison+Lorain to be exact, and for you it probably isnt that good of an area neither. For a college student like you thats new in town, for cleveland, you might want to try out the Memphis-Broadway area for living. Prices range from an easy 400-550 a month. Also check Lakewood, theres plenty of appt. complexes there, and they suit college heads perfectly..

Good Luck FAM.
ST8 FROM CLEVELAND-FREE BUTTER!!
Inner-City Born - Inner-City Bred​

If you have a decent amount of money and you don't mind commuting, you can look at the University Circle area near Case Western. It's a little East of your CSU but closer than going over to the West Side. If you are willing to take the rapid transit, that opens up a lot more options in the Near West (Lakewood) and Near East Suburbs (Shaker Square has average apartment prices).

CSU is on the eastern edge of the city, so going five miles east will take you through the @#%$ areas and into Shaker...going five miles west takes you through downtown and then into Lakewood.

Culture-wise, University Circle would again be the best if you have the dough. Shaker Square is a mix of people but certainly not a college type area. Lakewood is a mix of the two mentioned above with a sizable gay contingent thrown in.

SPREZZATURA!​

Thanks for the responses! Im starting that whole search now, just in case my number one choice(U Dayton Law) falls through.
Hebrew 11:6

im originally from lakewood, and its def a good place to stay. i go to college 30 mins south @ baldwin-wallace, and kids from my school are always graduating and moving to lakewood. decent prices, a ton of duplexes and apartments. plus, buses that run right to the CSU campus for a few bucks.

lastly, lakewood has the most bars per capita in the midwest, def a good place for college students to meet people.

lemme know if you have anymore questions, ive lived there all my life. peace

There's a ton of new housing going up in downtown Cleveland. Most of it is in the warehouse district, with a lot of lofts and one bedrooms for rent. Unfortunately they are pretty much all new, so the rent can be pretty high. It is definitely on the upswing though, and a lot of young people are moving down there, with the W. 6th club district.

Just for some names of places with rents, heres a list from the City of Cleveland site.

www.city.cleveland.oh.us/...using.html

hope this helps, peace

since when is the eastside the downfall? its like crack mania over there...its too hot on the west side...only thing bout the eastside is the PJs, EC(where i just moved to...lol), and the kinsman+union area...other than that its just like any other major city...white folks on one side...black folks crammed into the other side...
AIM : CORNROBCUN​

Quote:
The housing in the cleveland are have severely taking a steep fall. You probably dont wanna end up on the east side. The East side is really the downfall of cleveland.

That's a dumb statement. As sad as it is, Cleveland is the poorest big city with the highest rate of poverty in the country and that includeds both sides......East and West. Sure there are rough parts on the Eastside, but there are on the Westside too. They have ups and downs to each other, but the Eastside isn't the "Downfall" of Cleveland.......the Downfall of Cleveland is a lotta things like a lack of good jobs (unless you're in the Medical field or Real Estate.....and it better be commercial because Cleveland and Ohio in general have one of the highest foreclosure rates in the country), Poor Schools, Confused and Crooked Mayors and Councilmen, and New Police Chief every other year with So/So Law Enforcement, and poor public housing, but again, it spans both sides.

As Far As where to stay, the Shaker Square area has decent prices as far as rent depending on where you stay on the square and it's not too far from CSU. I say this because some areas of the square are Shaker Heights School District, and some are Cleveland City School District which makes it less desirable to some potential tenants that may have children. The Convience of the Rapid also raises some rent prices too.

My First Apartment near the square was $450 per month, but was in Cleveland City School District and wasn't as close to the Rapid. The one I live in now is right on the rapid tracks and is in Shaker School Districts and is $600 per month.

Downtown has some really nice lofts, but as someone who lived in Downtown Cleveland from 2003-2005, it definetly wouldn't be my first option, and with a lotta places downtown being newly renovated.....the majority of them are pricey.

Quote:
since when is the eastside the downfall? its like crack mania over there...its too hot on the west side...only thing bout the eastside is the PJs, EC(where i just moved to...lol), and the kinsman+union area...other than that its just like any other major city...white folks on one side...black folks crammed into the other side...
Team Cleveland OG Member # 1.KING OF CLEVELAND.......Kickswise.....anyway.Don't Hate Me Because I Wear My Shoes and YOU just look at yours like priceless paintings.Teamamfam

Yes, My Name is Chris And I'm Too Fat For Most Hypebeast Clothing.

I Miss the Old Randall Park Mall.

^ ShortyC94 was on the money with that. Both sides of the city have their ups and downs. The East Side is not the downfall, it's the whole entire city itself struggling financially. I live on the West Side and I'll admit that.

preach . we all in the struggle here . i feel like were drowning without water ( no disrepect to katrina victims )

Back
Top Bottom