Actually being outside and having to step to youngn's for the digits
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by moundraised23

.....when the black book was srs bitness

roll.gif
$*+! got me thinking about that ep of Fresh Prince when Will gave his book to Carlton and this fool began to glow like Bruce LeeRoy.

Days w/o cellphones were the wonder years. Up by 10 or 11am, eat breakfast, out w/ ur boys kickin up dust and tryna bag shorties. Only time u went to the crib was to eat if u aint have funds to go in on a pie or somethin.

Stayin over ya boys' cribs to call shorties mad late and if they raise answered, u banged in they ear.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

We used to chill with them in person. Don't feel bad for us. We feel bad for yall.

I absolutely hate hanging out with others now..because anybody except for me..is on the phone..texting..instead of having actual conversations..Chilling with people in the 90s > now

I know you can do it on a cell phone......but the 3 way call on the home line was epic.

You and 2 shorties. Or you, a shorty and a lurker.

.....like the corners of my mind.......

ohh yea pagers was like the iPhones now/ I remember when import street racing was fun until gang bangers joined in and ruin the fun/ but getting phone # of the ladies at malls/ parties/ amusement parks was the sh**

My GF little sisters text each other while their in the same room 
30t6p3b.gif

This new generation is 
grin.gif

I remember you could throw a bumping high school house party without the cops coming and a bunch of party crashers showing up. Now a days a things would be blown up real quick and texted, tweeted, and facebooked to everyone. It's impossible to keep anything chill low key with all of this instant communication.

Also, I totally agree with the more in person interactions we used to have. I do feel bad for the current kids.

This thread reminds me of how simple it was to activate yambs. I observed while older cousins of mine went to freak nic's, malls, and amusement parks to bag. It was clockwork on how it was done, you didn't have to have a million in savings for the world to know about, and flaunt or else you'd either get robbed or looked at like a joke. Things were more authentic.

Mannnnnnnnnnnn

when I got my own house phone line in like 10th grade, I walked into school like this dude the next day

35lga46.gif

And remember getting new stuff and you couldnt wait till the next school day to show it off, whether it be clothes shoes or whatever. No post your pick ups, no instagram, no fb walls, no twitpics, just live in living color stunting.

And im only 28

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Mannnnnnnnnnnn

when I got my own house phone line in like 10th grade, I walked into school like this dude the next day

35lga46.gif

And remember getting new stuff and you couldnt wait till the next school day to show it off, whether it be clothes shoes or whatever. No post your pick ups, no instagram, no fb walls, no twitpics, just live in living color stunting.

And im only 28
This and I'm not even that old. I was blessed to be sample size 9. Used to put the entire school in neck braces.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

We used to chill with them in person. Don't feel bad for us. We feel bad for yall.

This
Brandon3000 wrote:
roll.gif
 I remember waiting for that phone call on the house phone or plotting to make it myself

pick up in one room, "Mom I got it! ..... HANG UP!" 

or when you had to call a girl back at 2am but didn't wanna wake her parents so she had to pick up in nano seconds

Man, I'll never forget those days. I remember I used to turn off all the house phone ringers right before my parents fell asleep and hide a phone in my room so shorty would call me late at night. The only problem was I had to quietly talk on the phone or else my parents would hear.  
Like others have said before, back then your personality and how you carried yourself got the attention from females. The kids these days really don't know what they're missing out on. 

Speaking of notes from girls...

to: you
Song: peaches and cream
By:112
Mood: missing you
Color: red
time: 11:47 pm
d
R
O
P

i remember back in middle school i would write notes to girls asking for a date and i would put yes and no right underneath with "circle one"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

getting caught by the teacher tho 
mad.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
 i remember one of my teacher made me read out the note out loud 
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

roll.gif
I remember waiting for that phone call on the house phone or plotting to make it myself

pick up in one room, "Mom I got it! ..... HANG UP!"

or when you had to call a girl back at 2am but didn't wanna wake her parents so she had to pick up in nano seconds

THIS!

eek.gif
eek.gif
Originally Posted by 216301baller

I vow from here on out to keep it old school..my generation wack n so is my mouthpiece to a certain extent

its like back to the basket big men... a fading skill..
Originally Posted by CorndogMcgee

I remember back in the day when 3 way calling was where it's at. Some thirsty chick calling up asking if you liked her homegirl and you knew both were on the phone giggling like, like, like... little school girls I guess
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

famb... true story right here...

it was not as bad as you think..Pay phones were literally EVERYWHERE...
we talked to girls face to face (imagine that)
wrote notes and letters (btw- girls love them)
first to get to the phone after dinner (i have four sibilings)
man..i miss those days.

i'm only 20 and i miss those days. I was too young to be getting the yambs back then lol but I defiantly can remember the interactions with people being different before cell phones and social media. Honestly, sometimes I wish Twitter/Facebook would go down for a few month so people could live without them for a little while. It's crazy what's becoming of my generation, you can't even have a conversation with someone without them looking at their cellphone.

Originally Posted by Jay Gutta

Y'all remember notes? Lol, chicks would write full novels about the dumbest stuff man and then they would put stuff like "So So Sloppy" or "Love Always" or "Love Fo SHO" or some corny stuff like dat at the end. Before there was text, instaDM or dm there was PAPER.
laugh.gif

Who used to brag about how many notes they got each day at school?
pimp.gif

Man u doin too much.

Back in the days it was real macking, nowhere close to the level it is today.  You had to have your mouthpiece in tact and it required you to actually makes plans with a chick if you wanted to chill with her.  Having a pager definitely advanced things, and talking on the phone late night was a thing of the norm.  Especially the part about calling a house late night and picking up the phone as fast as possible as to not wake up anybody else in the house.  The older generation actually put in work.     

Thats when you were either Jordan or John Starks in terms of your game when tryna get at chix

100% Truth.

everything has been said ... u had to have game to get the numbers ...

smartbeep was all the rage back then ...

moms didn't let me have the beeper ... she said u ain't no drug dealer
frown.gif

but i did have my own phone line ... tons of numbers memorized ... set up meets and go from there ... good times

After being out all day, checking the caller ID to see if any shorties hit you up.

Or

Calling her friend telling her to call her friend on 3way so in case her parents pick up you or her don't get in trouble.

My mother would violate back in the days. I was in 7th grade(year 99) She would answer the phone like Jordan can't get calls after 10pm on school nights, OD Embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom