Question for People That Have Been in a Relationship for More than a Year

I was just wondering how often do you and your girl (or man) argue? Is it over stupid things, getting on eachothers nerves or what?

I've been with my girl for 5 years this Christmas and we argue a lot over the dumbest things sometimes. When we're happy, we're really happy butwhen we argue sometimes we really get at eachothers throats.

It really annoys me and I was just wondering if and other people in long term relationships argue or not.

Everyone argues/bickers...once the "honeymoon" stage is over (first few months), it's on....

you and your girl are normal, bro.

5 years?
eek.gif

My longest has been like 6 months
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

she should be too busy cooking and cleaning to argue

let her taste the back of your hand and post back with an update

We'd pretty much argue over something stupid, and I mean stupid and be really mad, atleast once a week, couldn't really go longer than that..

In any relationship you'll argue whether you've been together for a month or a year.

Just try to stay calm and think before it escalates.

I'm not that type to fight i hate it but she wants to find any little thing to fight about at least once a day, we fought yesterday because she threw some stuff on craigslist andsomeone called, she asked me to answer it, she got hella mad and said i never do anything for her.
alien.gif

Been together a year and 10 months btw.

OkOk....these posts are encouraging. Good to know that I'm not the only one who always argues with my girl.

The hardest thing to do though is keep the argument from escalating. Sometimes I just want to tape her mouth when she gets mad at me about dumb things!

Originally Posted by fivefivenine

I'm not that type to fight i hate it but she wants to find any little thing to fight about at least once a day, we fought yesterday because she threw some stuff on craigslist and someone called, she asked me to answer it, she got hella mad and said i never do anything for her.
alien.gif

Been together a year and 10 months btw.

.....My brotha I feel you man! Isn't it funny how the weirdest things turn into an argument??? Oh and then they make these weird %$% assumptions like"you don't do anything for me"

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Everyone argues/bickers...once the "honeymoon" stage is over (first few months), it's on....

you and your girl are normal, bro.

It was on like donkey kong, that's for damn sure. This is what I've always thought but in my group of friends I'm the ONLY one in a relationshipso I don't really see ayone else arguing cuz no one else is in a relationship! Thanks for your info.

I definitely argued alot more about stupid #$% in my earlier relationships. Not saying I don't argue now, as ive matured, at least me personally, im lessjealous about things that I shouldn't be concerned with. Not caring about pointlss things and if I do agrue about, get over much quicker than in the past.

Originally Posted by trak1sh

I definitely argued alot more about stupid #$% in my earlier relationships. Not saying I don't argue now, as ive matured, at least me personally, im less jealous about things that I shouldn't be concerned with. Not caring about pointlss things and if I do agrue about, get over much quicker than in the past.
I see..I got with my girl when I was only 17 so I matured right along with my relationship so a lot of it has been learning on the job. I'mtrying to be more mature now cuz I'm 22 and I can't be dealing with childish arguments anymore. Sometimes though I just can't help it.

Its tough these days bro. I guess they just want to be treated like queens and respected. But it also depends how you treat you girl? I meen, I've beenwith my girl for over 6 years and we are practically married but we always find away to annoy to each other and at the end we both are happy.... its just kindof tough with girls these days.... Sometimes I just ask myself "Why?".... Maybe they just want to have a single life? But its hard to leave that onespecial in your heart.

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years and we have yet to have an all-out argument (screaming, yelling, cursing each other out, etc.). Idon't care for going back and forth over dumb stuff; if I'm going to argue with someone it has be over something worth arguing for. Besides, it takes alot, and I mean a lot, for either one of us to get mad...I can't understand how some couples let the most asinine things cause an argument. Seriously,some things I've seen people bicker over have me going, "Huh?"

Oh, and I'm not saying our relationship is anywhere near perfect, because we can definitely get frustrated and annoyed with each other, but we've justnever reached that boiling point with each other; it's usually deaded before it can go that far. Idk, I just like for things to be laid back. Like, whyfret over the small stuff?

Over small things, but I feel like that can just make a relationship stronger being that you know what upsets the other person after the argument.

Those arguments just build better Communication in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Rarely.

eek.gif

Sorry about your divorce.

Oh we have our issues and disagreements, best believe. But little bickering nit picking? I dead it. I have a sharp tongue and quick temper and it took me along time to learn to just keep my mouth shut. Pushing his buttons just to get under his skin does nothing to help our relationship.

Back
Top Bottom