Question for the Old School AM90 fans out there... Infared vs. Safety Orange

So once upon a time, back when I was an active member on this site, before the Infareds were retroed in '05, the only way an AM90 Infared geek could get a pair (shy of owning an OG) was by buying the AM90 Safety Oranges from (I believe) '99 that were only released in Europe.  Back then, pairs would regularly go for $250 and up on ebay.  These days however, I can't find any info on them.  You see, I'm in the early stages of getting ready to sell off my collection and although I'm not looking for exact prices now, I feel it would be helpful to have a better understanding of just how rare (or not rare) these bad boys are.  In truth, they look almost identical to the infareds, the only differences being the quality, the serial number, and the the year of production.  Currently, I have both colorways in my collection:
tumblr_lq3jw2Gix11r11kw5o5_250.jpg
tumblr_lq3i26RWPv1r11kw5o2_250.jpg

The first pair are infareds from '05 and the second ones are safety oranges from '99.  

Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks!

yea i think they're Mx Orange....and i thought they were from '02-'03?

but hey...if they're a sz 12...i'll really help you out
nerd.gif
tongue.gif

You could be right... I don't have the box in front of me at the moment, so it could say, "max orange" and it could be from '02. I just remember I got them a few years before the Infareds were available. It's been a while since i've been in this game.

Oh, and not a 12...sorry.

yea most likely that's what they are...and shame they're not my size
frown.gif

goodluck with the sales tho
smokin.gif

max oranges were from '01 I thought.. they been known to crumble too fyi. they are waaaay more desirable than HOAs/'05s but '03s are more readily available (relatively) and won't crumble. would love to have a pair of max oranges to add to the set...
('03s, HOAs/'05, carson palmer iDs, '08s, iDs)

Back
Top Bottom