Question for those who have desk jobs

Mr Dink

formerly foamposite xi
Specially those who are allowed to wear headphones. What do y'all listen to? I just started my job and listening to music 8-9 hours a day 5 days a week, I'm starting to run out of music to listen to. I'm even starting to switch to podcasts but I know that will only last so long. My wife suggested Netflix but I don't think that would last me very long. Might have to start looking into audiobooks. Any other ideas?

Mix btw music and podcast. Im uusally very busy.
Ive seen coworker watch her Russian drama while working.
Entertainment is abundant but work gotta get done

I usually rock with Pandora and Spotify. I got playlists for all my moods. Usually something light in the morning, some “yacht rock” and 80’s never get old.
Then, I switch to some Ruff Ryders radio or Hard Rock/Alternative after lunch. If old heads are in the building, I’ll just let 106.7 rock to keep it “safe”.

Netflix? I mean listening to music and podcasts is one thing but watching tv and movies? No way that's gonna slide where I work.
I listen to music (lofi beats) or podcasts. Usually something I don't have to pay too close attention to. I tried listening to audio books but I missed too much.

I’ll look for new albums
I’ll ask people about their playlist.
ill l listen to podcasts
I’ll listen to raves.

Specially those who are allowed to wear headphones. What do y'all listen to? I just started my job and listening to music 8-9 hours a day 5 days a week, I'm starting to run out of music to listen to. I'm even starting to switch to podcasts but I know that will only last so long. My wife suggested Netflix but I don't think that would last me very long. Might have to start looking into audiobooks. Any other ideas?
joe budden podcast sat and wed or listen to youtube version 2 days after podcast version drops
gilie da kid podcast weekly called a million dollars worth of game
ed lover podcast suppose to be weekly but its sporadic
first take podcast daily
lip service podcast weekly
the breakfast club u can listen to their interviews on the podcast and on youtube
jalen and jacoby
used to be clutch on the podcast not sure if they still do it since the show started poppin
no chill gill on youtube weekly gilbert arenas podcast very good
drink champs which is NORE podcast can also watch on youtube
used to be GREAT but hit or miss now
these get me through my week
im also able to watch hbogo starz netflix amazon prime and all that while working :lol:
but these are my weekly shows
they will def get u through the week

Lol before avengers endgame came out, I had infinity war running on my other screen while I worked. But I’m pretty fortunate with my work because we have a studio walled off from the cubicles. Most of the time we have music playing, and the other time we just chat, something you couldn’t really do outside the Room in the cubicles. The cubicles are eery because everyone is literally in their own bubble.

I tried listening to music at work, but I see it made me lose focus lol I can stream a game no problem, but playin my favorite songs somehow made me less aware to my work.

I try and discover new music and actually give these artist a chance. Surprisingly I liked majority of it. Pandora has pretty good mixes.

Get a public library card (if you don't have one) and download the OverDrive app.
You can listen to all the audiobooks your library has in their database.

You could also get into Jazz. Miles Davis alone has over 50 albums. Plus another 36 live albums. I spent 2 years listening to Jazz heavily at my desk job and still only gleaned the surface.

I mostly listen to southern rap so I knew I couldn’t listen to that because I’d be bobbin my head and blurting out ****. I had a playlist full of chill music I could listen to o low volume. Some 90s electronica(Portishead, Massive attack ect), Jazz, a little indie Rock, R&B, chill hip hop. I pretty much asked myself if I opened a department store, should would I play over the pa? It was meant to be played in the background not blasting in my ear.

I mostly listen to southern rap so I knew I couldn’t listen to that because I’d be bobbin my head and blurting out ****. I had a playlist full of chill music I could listen to o low volume. Some 90s electronica(Portishead, Massive attack ect), Jazz, a little indie Rock, R&B, chill hip hop. I pretty much asked myself if I opened a department store, should would I play over the pa? It was meant to be played in the background not blasting in my ear.
Lol yeah I try not to listen to things I'd get hype to too often, forget where you are sometimes.

Mostly older jazz/rock/funk, I go for more eclectic stuff
Love and know the most about hip hop but it throws me off when I'm working for whatever reason.
Or if it's work that I don't have to do too much thinking for I'll do podcasts.

A lot of lo-fi hip hop beats or Jazz.

Recently been going through Dave Brubeck's catalog. Keeps me focused and calm when dealing with work BS.

I remember my old iPhone being jailbroken.

walked in the office kinda late, sat down, unplugged my earphones and all you heard was "either we ****ing or I'll see you tomorrow"...

mad loud.

I usually go through different stations on Sirius XM. My place of employment definitely makes the cost of subscription worth it for me personally.

Netflix? I mean listening to music and podcasts is one thing but watching tv and movies? No way that's gonna slide where I work.
I listen to music (lofi beats) or podcasts. Usually something I don't have to pay too close attention to. I tried listening to audio books but I missed too much.
I mean, I don't actually watch Netflix. I just put it on and leave it in the background for noise while I work.

It's just background music. When im listening to music at work it's typically whatever album has my interest.
Last week it was Bas - Too High to Riot
This week it's Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.
Im starting to feel a Kodak Black vibe so i'll probably hop on that next week

Back
Top Bottom