Question for us that grew up in the 90’s as far as video games.

I looked around and found like half my SNES games. Reading this thread I'm really trying to think where I got the money for all this even with getting money from family :lol:

20211214_165119.jpg

I look at it now like damn, couple hundreds spent on games and now I got a bunch of cartridges that don't work. No type of blowing will help :smh:

My cuz had the sega genesis. That's how I was living the best of both worlds for a while. Imma check with him to see if he still got his.

Last edited:
I look at it now like damn, couple hundreds spent on games and now I got a bunch of cartridges that don't work. No type of blowing will help :smh:
You got some gems there! Don’t throw them out, the contact pins are just dirty. Clean them with cotton ear swabs and some rubbing alcohol. Bet they’ll all work after a good cleaning.

For 1 summer…I was that guy. :pimp:
Me too. I got lots of PS1 stuff when that old school method was still around.

You got some gems there! Don’t throw them out, the contact pins are just dirty. Clean them with cotton ear swabs and some rubbing alcohol. Bet they’ll all work after a good cleaning.
I'd probably have to do the same for the SNES I haven't turned on since college :lol: or may buy one if those are at a good price and compatible.

I had Sega Channel back in the day. That joint pretty much Gamepass for that era. It’s still wild that very few people knew about it even after all these years. Our cable guy gave us the heads up that it was dropping and mom dukes signed up the first day. I think it was only like $13 a month added to the cable bill.

I never got videogames as a kid... only thing my parents bought me was Sega master and Gameboy...but ya one or two games would last a year...always wanted snes as a kid but never got it... had to go to my friend's house to play it

I had Sega Channel back in the day. That joint pretty much Gamepass for that era. It’s still wild that very few people knew about it even after all these years. Our cable guy gave us the heads up that it was dropping and mom dukes signed up the first day. I think it was only like $13 a month added to the cable bill.

Sega was ahead of its time in many ways

Sega was ahead of its time in many ways

The company was innovative but they made horrible choices with the Genesis and Saturn. The Sega Nomad had a backlit light and color before the Nintendo GameBoy would implement these aspects but the drawback was the amount of batteries needed to power the system. If they could have done a rechargeable battery for it and made better games for it.

Yeah, Cars and video games are the two things that really cost the same now as they did back then

Back
Top Bottom