Question on Bahamas resorts. RIU vs Atlantis

Need some help again guys. Me and a few friends are looking to stay at a resort this coming july. Its pretty much between staying at the RIU or the Atlantis. For 8 people prices we saw so far was riu was $1100 flight and hotel a person all inclusive. Atlantis was $700 a person but it wasn't all inclusive. Thewhole discussion is about the food. So my question pretty much is if we stay at the atlantis, how much would food cost to eat for 5 days? riu achohol is allinclusive too, but my friend that went there said the bar and club they have is @++$%$ only good thing is the bar by the pool. He wants to stay at the riu andthan party at the atlantis which makes no sense to me. If prices would pretty much be the same either way i would rather stay at the atlantis, but werebasically trying to figure out what we would pay for food alone for 5 days at the bahamas.

Also any input for people that went to either would def help.

Atlantis is amazing, but food is super expensive there. To stay at Atlantis, you could easily run up over a $400 tab on food and drinks per person in 5 days,especially if you are drinking a lot. The buffet at Atlantis is huge, but its like $40-50/person. I've never heard of RIU; Atlantis is great, but I'mnot sure I would recommend it if you're tryin to stay on a budget. Hope that helps, shoot me a PM if you want, I've been to Atlantis like 5 times.

I spoke to a travel agent and she told me that all inclusive is not really a great deal. When you get all inclusive packages youre pretty much restrainingyourself to those select retaurants/bars that you have already paid for.

Going somewhere else seems pointless because you have already paid somewhere else. What happens when the place you already paid for doesnt have the best stuff?I dont think this answers your question, but just a little something I was told since I was also considering traveling to the Bahamas this summer.

Originally Posted by Diego

I spoke to a travel agent and she told me that all inclusive is not really a great deal. When you get all inclusive packages youre pretty much restraining yourself to those select retaurants/bars that you have already paid for.

Going somewhere else seems pointless because you have already paid somewhere else. What happens when the place you already paid for doesnt have the best stuff? I dont think this answers your question, but just a little something I was told since I was also considering traveling to the Bahamas this summer.
That was exactly my point i was trying to get across to my friends. I was the one opting to stay at the Atlantis over the RIU. (The RIU is rightnext to the Atlantis according to my friend a 2 minute walk) If the one bar and the one club are both horrible (at the RIU) it doesn't make sense to me tostay there. All i read so far were horrible reviews on the RIU and they still want to stay there casue of the all inclusive deal. My idea was to stay at theatlantis, (they also have some dining plans) pregame with a bottle of duty free liquor than go out and party.

i went to the breezes resort in atlantis 2 summers ago with 8 friends. same deal, about 1100 including air fare, food, and drinks. all inclusive is the way togo. you're gonna spend way more money on food and drinks than you think.

breezes had horrible reviews too. honestly though, it was fine. i'm guessing RIU will be the same way.

Back
Top Bottom