Question regaurding Accutane and Lab check ups.

so my dermitologist prescribed me with accutane but i have a lot of little stuff to do before i actually get it.

I have to fast and go get my blood taken to check my cholesteral(sp?) and Fat levels.

I smoked weed for the first time in a while this past Friday and now im sketchin. Im thinkin they wouldnt say anything but im also thinkin maybe they wontsubscribe me the accutane with it in my system. Im prolly over thinking this.

My main question is, if they are taking your blood to look for 2 specific things will they come accross the marijauna.
I doubt they would not give me the subscription cuz the weeds in my system, but im still thinkin...

anyone know? Ik like half this board smokes weed, and theres gotta be one of you who used accutane.
Ive seen posts about this stuff before on here.

never took it before, but my old roomate was on accutane. he blazed on a daily basis

i doubt weed will effect you get the perscription

good luck...i took it and it worked great...i had to stop cuz the insurance got mixed up but i'm gettin back on to finish next month...

keep carmex and lotion with you at all times the first two months...

Weed won't effect your treatment. Nor do they look for it when they take your blood.

Worked great for me also. Good luck!

It shouldn't show up in your bloodwork and I doubt it would affect your Accutane program, I work at a dermatologists office.

Another question, how bad is the dryness?

Am i gotta dry out instantly after swimming, takeing a shower etc...

Ik my lips are gonna be chapped, but am i gonna have to be applying lotion every 2 seconds?

My doctor told me this isnt gonna be a fun process at all, is it that bad?

the first two months are bad...my skin peeled...nothing OD but i still didn't like it...your face will be dry after you wash it...your lips will dry likecrazy to the point where it could bleed...soak them in carmex...don't use chapstick and use the carmex in the circle joint/click-stick not the tube...thetube is to greasy...

i use Aveeno Daily Moisturizing lotion (or the Target brand) for my skin...don't take hot showers cuz it will make your skin more dry... just keep thecarmex and lotion near buy at all times...your face is gonna feel real tight cuz of th dryness...my hands got very dry also...its not fun but 100% worth it ipromise...

Back
Top Bottom