QUESTION? Will the 16s be retroed in 2009?

i had the but and blue 16's and ihave to say i didnt like them to much. And the Hare's are ok but, My Carmine's are good for me for a while. I needsome XX3's though. Any one know the next XX3 colorway

Gentry has said in interviews that JB wants to "create the chase" so if we do get them they will most likely be super limited, but at this point younever know. I would much rather have 1 or 2 retros released per year with good quality and cool colorways than all the trash we need to sift through just toget a nice pair of carmines or any other shoes that come in these packs.

Gentry has said in interviews that JB wants to "create the chase" so if we do get them they will most likely be super limited, but at this point you never know. I would much rather have 1 or 2 retros released per year with good quality and cool colorways than all the trash we need to sift through just to get a nice pair of carmines or any other shoes that come in these packs.

This whole mentality of crating the chase is ridiculous. JB didn't have limited releases like we see now during the time that actually built their legacy(I-XIV), They got to the top by emphasizing design & quality. ebay really ruined the game IMO, b/c once we started seeing outrageous prices for"rare" OGs, Gentry & the rest of the suits at JB thought controlling the supply was more important that creating a desirable product. If you putout a good shoe people will buy it - Look at the XX3s. thats another thing, I can't believe how dirty they did us by limiting most of the XX3s esp theWhite reds (and I got my pair so I'm not bitter) Those would've sold out even if they were a GR, and who cares even if they didn't sell outimmediately, retro IIIs used to sit on sales racks back in the late 90s and now look at how sought after they are. Sometimes it takes the general public awhile to recognize, but if you put out a quality product it will happen eventually.

^^ This is really a good statement. Ebay did really ef it up for the limited availability of shoes............can't explain the degradation of quality,tho. Or the deformation of some shoes.......aka CDP IVs.

Originally Posted by short MI

when was it confirmed that spacejams would retro?^^^
anyways, gentry has said already theyre doing more DMP type stuff like releasing the shoe he got his 20,000th point with...defininf moments in mikes career...etc

^^JB needs to chill out with all this effn pack stuff...I was like yeah cool I'm going to cop most, if not all packs but shelling out $300+ a monthsucks yo...why can't they just drop 'em like back in the day.....sheesh!

If I remember correctly, the only 16s that sold well originally are Blk/red and white/navys for the 3/4 tops and white/reds for the lows. I am looking forwardto these OG colors, but it seems that JB always throws in some "new" retro colors... which I am not too excited about.

Back
Top Bottom