Questions about joining a fraternity

luciano jones

Banned
what is the purpose for fraternities/sororities? I met some Qs before, but this question never came up.
And dont take me srs with the thread title, had to grasp attention somehow 
laugh.gif

I know some dudes that join because they think it's all about parties.
Oh, and they want to smash the girls because some girls in sororities only smash frat boys

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by Supremacy

I know some dudes that join because they think it's all about parties.
what is it really about?
A few of my friends in some frats/sororities do some community work and +*#%.

I can see why some dudes do it...females be groupies...say you a Q then drop a couple names and you probably in there...

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

frat boys pay money to have friends... never dug frats

we don't pay the organization directly to be apart of it...most of it goes to the bills and stuff for the house, and the other goes to our community work and........the "events" we host 
laugh.gif

Common misconception, although I understand where it comes from. Honestly a lot of cats that join are friends with their line brothers long before they even pledge. Advantages of joining a frat are definitely networking and service, yea plenty of cats join for the wrong reasons parties, events, and what not but it's what you make of it. 

I was already pulling chicks, already traveling around the US having the time of my life, already knowing a lot of influential people all over, already partying...BEFORE I joined my fraternity Kappa Alpha Psi. Can't speak for the others, but I did it to become part of a social/professional network.

One time I was traveling out of town and one of my frat brothers that I knew on a greek message board but never met in person hooked me up with a hotel suite for a whole week for only $35 a night. that's just one example, actually a weak example but sorta shows you some of the benefits.

A copy and pasted answer:

Originally Posted by joegolfdad

off topic but what's the point of a fraternity/sorority?

To build relationships through community service and networking. But what I mostly saw was party party party party party party and donate some clothes once a month.

I can go to almost any city in the US, and if for some reason I needed a helping hand, whether that be my car repaired, money, a place to stay, or even a job...one of my frats would help me out. If I talked to a frat and he couldn't help me he would see who could. Oh and I'd do that for one of my brothers as well.

Sure I paid my dues in the form of money to join...but what the hell these days that is worth while is free???

And that's not just my frat...that's Alphas, Ques, Sigmas, Iotas, heck even the traditionally white frats...and the Jewish Frats...oh they rolling in dough.

I would say it is connections over anything. Connections are needed to find a good job or something. The more amount of people that know you the better off you'll be find stuff that will suit your needs. I am going to try to join a fraternity this year.

Net banging
smokin.gif
thats whats up. but, no.

anyways....

safe to say mostly for connections? In this day and age i doubt anything is just for "brotherhood". I took it as trying to meet the plug
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CJ863

Common misconception, although I understand where it comes from. Honestly a lot of cats that join are friends with their line brothers long before they even pledge. Advantages of joining a frat are definitely networking and service, yea plenty of cats join for the wrong reasons parties, events, and what not but it's what you make of it. 
Nah, not really a common misconception. A lot of dudes are willin to pay the dues just to be accepted and get cheeks, it's quite sad acutally.  
I personally never really dug em b/c of the whole pledgin process. They say they're breakin u down to build u up, but who are they to tell me what kind of man I should be? I have nothin wrong w/ em tho. Some of my homies are in frats. With that said, shouts to the Que Dogs, Blue Phis, Nupes, Alphas, and I guess the Iotas
laugh.gif

These threads pop up like once every few months or so. Love it or hate it there is DEFINITELY a lot of interest in us.

pretty much connections. like elderwatson said, i can go to pretty much any state and brothers will hook me up with a place to stay, food, alc, etc. pretty much whatever you need. other brothers can also hook you up in the professional world with jobs and stuff

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

black frats seem super sketchy

jumping around with candy cane and doing all kinda *%!* #*# with their hands
grin.gif

Anyhow I got many offers to join frats in college, some of the people were already my friends and they straight up said I didn't even have to pledge-I decided to start my own frat instead but the chapter got denied cause dudes were on some sketchy #%+
30t6p3b.gif

Most of my best friends were in frats, I was pretty much a brother of a few I just refused to pledge not really sure why-maybe i thought i was too cool for it
grin.gif
And half the brothers in a lot of those frats were dbags, i wanted no parts

Back
Top Bottom