Quick replies needed kobe 3 vs huarache 2k4 vs hyperize

which one would I be more suitable for? I'm a 5"11,135lb sg/sf who likes to shoot and occasionally slash. A comparison of all 3 would be helpful.I've played in huarache 64s and absolutely loved them, hyperdunks traction p!$$ed me off, XX2s felt kind of bulky and didn't like the overall feel ofthe shoe, XIVs loved basically everything about them. I have considered the soldier IIIs but I prefer something that forms to your feet. As always any help isappreciated. Looking for quick replies

Edit: I do have a pair of DS retro last shot XIVs on ice, I was saving them for my senior year, which is another year away. I guess I could un-ds them
ohwell.gif
if their better than the Kobe 3 and Huarache 2k4.What do you guys think?

Kobe 3s and Huaraches are right on par with eachother. Every year I try and pick a new pair up for the season. Honestly I haven't tried the hyperize yetbut I had the same issues you did with the Hyperdunks.

By the way I'm the same height/size as you and play pg/sg

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Kobe 3s and Huaraches are right on par with eachother. Every year I try and pick a new pair up for the season. Honestly I haven't tried the hyperize yet but I had the same issues you did with the Hyperdunks.

between the kobe 3 and huarache 2k4 which would you say is more superior in terms of traction, court feel, Durability and performance. From whatI've heard the hyperize are exactly the same thing as the hyperdunks only a few ounces lighter.

I picked up the Hyperize (Sidney Dean) for $75, so I decided I will use them for now and see how long the lunar foam lasts. I hooped in my chinaHyperdunks(Red/Gold) today and I think they've finally bottomed out, I've only worn them about 30 times since I got them back in February. If thehyperize bottoms out before the end of the season, I'll use my XIVs.

thanks for all the help everyone.

^ I think if you swap out the sockliner on the Hyperize and put an athletic insole inside you shouldn't have them bottom out on you. Just a thought.

i say 2k4s or 09s....... personally i feel like the cushioning in the hyperize is non-existant and still felt pretty bad with a cushion insole.

I vote for the 2K4s.. have tried the ZK3 and Hyperizes.

The Hyperizes are at a minimum, they are so light that I have a fear they might tear, and the toe-box is very room. Lunarfoam isn't exactly long lastingeither. ZK3's are a step up, but I had troubles with the lock-down fit and traction.

The 2K4 is 5 years old, but is still one of the top 5 shoes to come out since 2000. Even the Kobe IV incorporated some 2K4 elements such as the heel counter.

Originally Posted by I3

ZK3's are a step up, but I had troubles with the lock-down fit and traction.
What do you mean? Im looking for somethin with strong ankle support, that can breathe. I got the hyperize and I dont feel like I have any anklesupport.

Originally Posted by 555fresh

Originally Posted by I3

ZK3's are a step up, but I had troubles with the lock-down fit and traction.
What do you mean? Im looking for somethin with strong ankle support, that can breathe. I got the hyperize and I dont feel like I have any ankle support.

none of these 3 of big on ankle support but of the 3, the kobe iii would be the best due to the outrigger

i would say that if you want ankle support go with the huarache or ZK3. the hyperize has almost no ankle support and toe area is very big.

btw hows the cushioning on the 2k4 firm/soft/mushy
ohwell.gif
? Also it's fulllength zoom right?

get another pair of the XIV or i recommend the CP3 II. the kobe 3s are a good, nice fitting shoe but the traction is okay at best...the 2k4 are durable anddependable, it does everything well but nothing really special...the hyperizes are super light, but other than that they are absolutely horrendous. if youdidn't like the hyperdunks then you will HATE the hyperizes.

Originally Posted by JLking

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Kobe 3s and Huaraches are right on par with eachother. Every year I try and pick a new pair up for the season. Honestly I haven't tried the hyperize yet but I had the same issues you did with the Hyperdunks.

between the kobe 3 and huarache 2k4 which would you say is more superior in terms of traction, court feel, Durability and performance. From what I've heard the hyperize are exactly the same thing as the hyperdunks only a few ounces lighter.
2k4 all the way!i have several and i mean several pairs of each model (about 6 each shoe) and i love the 2k4s still

I think 2K4's are heel and forefoot zoom.

They're pretty firm, probably the firmest zoom I've ever experienced.

Can't wait to bust out my KBIII's when my school starts.

Back
Top Bottom