Quickstrike Kiva.org vote: polls closed!

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
As some of you may already know, we at NikeTalk recently allocated $6,820 to Kiva.org, a non-profit organization that helps facilitate loans toentrepreneurs in developing nations.

We've issued two loans thus far and we've already received partial repayments from each group. Our first loan is now 50% repaid.

In the past, we've selected loan recipients through a two step process: first, we invite our fellow members to browse kiva.org and nominate their favoriteentrepreneurs, then we vote as a community and complete the loan receiving the most votes.
Due to sharp increases in traffic and lender activity, we've been unable to issue loans using this method. Thanks to thousands of registered Kiva users,loans are being filled faster than ever before. As a result, we've been forced to expedite the process. Below, you'll find a series of five loans tochoose from - each one representing the loan awaiting the greatest amount of funding at the time of this post from entrepreneurs representing five differentcountries.

Simply visit the loan profile page for each one, vote for your favorite, and on Saturday, after the polls have closed, we'll complete the loan up to ourfull account balance of $5,047.

If you'd like to support the loans that did not receive the most votes - or any of the loans facilitated by Kiva - please consider registering. You caneven join NikeTalk's lendingteam and have your loans counted towards our community totals on Kiva's leaderboards.

Here are this week's nominees:

http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=about&id=72311&_tpos=20&_tpg=5Flor De AmancayGroup
TekojojaGroup
QafarQafarov
NiginaShodieva
TooaTavana

Exactly. It goes back into the Kiva.org account and we'll keep loaning it back out over and over again.

Voted. I love these donations. Separates NT from all the other sites
pimp.gif

Pretty hard to choose one. Will it be the same 5 or will they switch up?

Each time we vote there will be a new list of candidates.

If this works out well, I'd like to say we'll do this each week that sufficient funds are available in the account, but loan availability fluctuates. It is very difficult to choose, but fortunately you can help complete ANY of the loans on kiva.org by contributing as little as $25. The overwhelming majorityof loans are repaid, and upon repayment you can withdraw the money or continue to loan it out again and again. Over 20 of you have already joined our Kivalending team and made several loans. Working together, we can contribute FAR more than we can through ad revenue alone. So, if you're at all interestedin this organization I strongly encourage you to check out kiva.org, register, and consider lending directly.

Originally Posted by Method Man

Each time we vote there will be a new list of candidates.

If this works out well, I'd like to say we'll do this each week that sufficient funds are available in the account, but loan availability fluctuates. It is very difficult to choose, but fortunately you can help complete ANY of the loans on kiva.org by contributing as little as $25. The overwhelming majority of loans are repaid, and upon repayment you can withdraw the money or continue to loan it out again and again. Over 20 of you have already joined our Kiva lending team and made several loans. Working together, we can contribute FAR more than we can through ad revenue alone. So, if you're at all interested in this organization I strongly encourage you to check out kiva.org, register, and consider lending directly.
I'm def going to look into it.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom