QUITING CIGARETTES UNAPPRECIATION/APPRECIATION

I am trying to Quit I really am. But **** man this **** keeps calling me. I am trying to chew gum to pass the time, but hell there are moments where a Port would do me right.

Right after a meal
During my breaks
While I have my coffee.

What got me the most ****** up is where I'm at. Its soo ******g hot I just need to have one :lol:

I want to quit man, I know I can.....but she keep calling me :smh: |I

Anyone a former smoker? What got you over the hump?

Just trees...
pimp.gif

You may have to go the e cig route. But if your trying to eliminate cigs completely then I don't know if that would be the best solution. 

I mentioned before on here that my coworker will leave out of her office every 20 mins or so to go smoke, that **** is serious. 

Said her brain doesn't function the same without one. 

E cigs worked for me when I quit....was off newports for 5 months....at first used the e cig heavily, then not as much....but then my e cig broke....now im back on newports lol. Ive told myself i will quit in one year at age 30

Just trees...
pimp.gif

You may have to go the e cig route. But if your trying to eliminate cigs completely then I don't know if that would be the best solution. 

I mentioned before on here that my coworker will leave out of her office every 20 mins or so to go smoke, that **** is serious. 

Said her brain doesn't function the same without one. 

Can't get trees where I'm at and honestly I think I've grow out of weed. I got kids now and I can't expect certain things from them If I can't walk the talk.

I'm not that bad, but man after about 2 hours or so Its time for a cig. I get these headaches vicious sometimes. Plus like I said, after a good meal its just what the doctored ordered with a port man.

man, i just hit my first month and boy i must say the first week or two was hard but after that it not as bad, i fiend for a smoke for a quick second but once i do something else i forget about it, some days i dont even crave for a smoke. Just keep it up man, it hard but at same time it worth it in the long run...i'm on the patch/gum combo my doc gave me, some days i don't use them at all ....

id rather smoke dirt then spice...but I smoke about a pack every 3 days...I stopped smoking for a month then the urges came back smh...gotta try to cut down on cigs...I ran a couple full court games yesterday and damb was I winded

Can't get trees where I'm at and honestly I think I've grow out of weed. I got kids now and I can't expect certain things from them If I can't walk the talk.

I'm not that bad, but man after about 2 hours or so Its time for a cig. I get these headaches vicious sometimes. Plus like I said, after a good meal its just what the doctored ordered with a port man.
nothing wrong with a few bowl hits then back to castles and lava games in the living room..will def help with the stress and headaches

Its been about 3 weeks, but man I almost feel back on it today. My biggest problem is everyone around me smokes :smh:. Coworkers, business associates, family.

What helped me is breaking habits. Instead of smoking right after a meal, brush your teeth or something. Go for a walk and leave your wallet (so you don't have any cash.) Just something to get your mind off it.

What helped the most are my little brothers. After the youngest was born, I had to consciously think about the influence I wanted to have on both of them.

Just got my bachelors in Computer Science. Been smoke free since 18 (21 now.) So far, so good. :pimp:

Last edited:
I'm 36 years old and been smoking for 15 years.... My last Newport was New Years and I havnt looked back... The patch actually helped me alot... They kill the cravings... Cold turkey is dam near impossible unless your sick or something ... The patch is the way to go Fam .. It's hard as **** tho... Hope this helps you

One habit I'm glad I never picked up

Me as well. I mean I used to smoke when I drank at clubs but that was seriously ages ago. I told myself about 6 years ago that I'd never smoke a cig ever again. No point for me really. Also it helped that I saw my ex-coworker's son die from it. Mind you he smoked since he was 13 years old but nothing sadder then watching someone bury their own son. And just going through chemo and seeing someone that was once healthy turn into a zombie is just a scary thing for me.

Been trying to quit for a while now, thankfully I'm not a big time smoker a pack can last me two weeks even three. I usually only smoke when I'm driving so I try and usually leave my lighter at the house so if I feel like smoking I can't, stuff like that to slowly back off them. 

eating apples helped my aunt quit, she said the motion of eating an apple is the same arm motion as smoking. whenever she felt like she had to smoke she just ate an apple to curb the craving.

now I don't know if you have a ton of apples laying around but it could be worth a try...

Use to smoke blacks pretty heavy. Decided to stop cold turkey after I watched the clip of a doctor breaking down cancer and the differences quitting smoking makes over a period of time. Its been 5 weeks.

Last edited:
Smoke 2 blacks a day 5 days a week. Its just a habit when driving. I got so many empty wrappers and cartons in my car its disgusting. Dentist told me its starting to stain my teeth so its really real :frown:

Sports.

Play a lot of sports, or exercise a lot. It passes the time, and it stops the weight gain.

go run or something. its gonna be hard the first day. im talking about running. dont kill yourself. just do enough to be tired and then some. do it everyday. every will be better than yesterday. shift that felling of smoking into wanting another feeling. like the feel after running. and want that **** more.

you must be chubby. since you like short term goals such as smoking. go change your likes/life.

bump.. im trying to stop too. The longest I went without it was about 8 months when I was on House Arrest. I stopped for like 2 months earlier this year but i been back on since... I been smoking for a while so It's kinda hard to stop..especially when almost everyone around you smokes but I'm going cold turkey.. I had enough of smoking and drinking.. trying to live that sober life.. I also been working out too.. I think smoking slows result

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom