Qwest Field > Cowboys Stadium

Qwest field IMO is the by far the nicest NFL stadium...The architecture for one is beautiful. It loud as hell, and it's open to the elements the way football should be played.. Seattle is lucky..

1412377453_434f6dc852_b.jpg

2544102542_6fd6abfca9_b.jpg

2305211676_fac5aea0dc_b.jpg

347460990_db84fa3a13_b.jpg

pimp.gif

and it's open to the elements the way football should be played
That works and is a nice touch in places like Buffalo, Chicago, Tampa, etc. but not Seattle. You forget they used to rock with a dome?

Originally Posted by J23Diego

Cowboys Stadium >>>>> Any Field or Stadium

Sorry but all Jerry World has going for it is a big !%$ TV...People go to games to watch TV..That's not how sports games should be..Qwest > Jerry World..
And I know you don't mean worldwide field or stadiums right? 

Well, I live in Seattle so take my opinion for what it's worth but I'm going Qwest field without a doubt.

Dallas' new stadium is fancy and all and is pretty cool, but when you're talking about the combination of the intimate interaction with the field along with atmospheric factors, Qwest is very hard to beat. I haven't been nowhere near to all the stadiums in the NFL though. Nor Dallas' new place.

i was ready to bash you.

but you might be right. it's much more aesthetically pleasing. but i really wanna see that television in person

but when you're talking about the combination of the intimate interaction with the field along with atmospheric factors
Could you elaborate on "intimate interaction"? What does that even mean?

And again, what "atmospheric factors"? When was the last time it even rained during a Seahawks game?

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

Qwest Field
laugh.gif
Jerry has tvs the size of your scoreboard in the bathroom

Exactly my point..Football stadiums are about enjoying the game being displayed on the field, not enjoying the display that's displaying the game..

Until someone has been to both you can't have an opinion.

Real talk you people are talking out your $+@@@.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Qwest Field
laugh.gif

Exactly my point..Football stadiums are about enjoying the game being displayed on the field, not enjoying the display that's displaying the game..
agreed ... but if my seats cost $30 and im closer to Jesus than the field... i wanna @least see whats going on

Qwest Field
laugh.gif

agreed ... but if my seats cost $30 and im closer to Jesus than the field... i wanna @least see whats going on
If for 30 bucks you're that high up and can't even see the game, you might as well stay home and use that 30 on carne asada and beer and bbq with the homies..

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

but when you're talking about the combination of the intimate interaction with the field along with atmospheric factors

And again, what "atmospheric factors"? When was the last time it even rained during a Seahawks game?
Intimate interaction whereas your closer to the field and right on top of the action. It's all compact.
As far as the atmosphere I wasn't talking about the meteorology aspect but the other definition of atmosphere. The one pertaining to mood generation. The crowd gets extremely raucous in that stadium and it permeates throughout everyone in the stadium. It's semi-close to a college game. 

I did just kinda throw those words together though.

I'm a Cowboys fan and I've been to Cowboys Stadium but I wouldn't necessarily disagree with this notion. As a football stadium, I think Qwest Field looks better and provides for a louder atmosphere with its architecture. Cowboys Stadium gets its mystique from how impressive it is as just a venue in general. But I've always thought that Jerry Jones built Cowboys Stadium to be an overall multipurpose venue first and a football stadium second.

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Jerry Jones built Cowboys Stadium to be an overall multipurpose venue first and a football stadium second.
and that right there, is its major flaw...

I'm a Cowboys fan and I've been to Cowboys Stadium but I wouldn't necessarily disagree with this notion. As a football stadium, I think Qwest Field looks better and provides for a louder atmosphere with its architecture. Cowboys Stadium gets its mystique from how impressive it is as just a venue in general. But I've always thought that Jerry Jones built Cowboys Stadium to be an overall multipurpose venue first and a football stadium second.
I agree. To sum it up...Qwest field was built to watch football/soccer. Cowboys Stadium was built to make money.

Jerry Jones built Cowboys Stadium to be an overall multipurpose venue first and a football stadium second.
and that right there, is its major flaw...
Not when major events like NBA All-Star Weekend, Super Bowl, Final 4, Boxing matches, soccer matches, concerts, etc...all want to come and play at your venue.

651akathePaul wrote:
GMSboy1 wrote:

Intimate interaction whereas your closer to the field and right on top of the action. It's all compact.
As far as the atmosphere I wasn't talking about the meteorology aspect but the other definition of atmosphere. The one pertaining to mood generation. The crowd gets extremely raucous in that stadium and it permeates throughout everyone in the stadium. It's semi-close to a college game. 

I did just kinda throw those words together though

Nah, its all good. I just think if you wanna argue aesthetics its fine, but stuff like crowd atmosphere is a little sketchy. When its based on pure perception/ not quantifiable and whatnot. 

Plus, you'd have to have been at all the stadiums.

Back
Top Bottom