R.I.P David Mills - He was a writer for The Wire/Homicide/The Corner/ER, etc.

Those are some of the best shows I've ever seen. I'd put the The Wire up against anything for realism, dialogue, and plot. Dude was only 48 years old. SMDH. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62U4YM20100331

(Reuters) - David Mills, an Emmy Award-winning television writer who contributed to dramas "The Wire" and "ER," has died at age 48, the HBO cable television network said on Wednesday.

Mills died on Tuesday night in New Orleans, said Diego Aldana, a spokesman for HBO, the channel behind "The Wire" and the soon-to-debut series "Treme" that Mills worked on.

Aldana declined to say how Mills died, but the New Orleans Times-Picayune reported the writer suffered a brain aneurysm.

"HBO is deeply saddened by the sudden loss of our dear friend and colleague David Mills," HBO said in a statement.

"He was a gracious and humble man, and will be sorely missed by those who knew and loved him, as well as those who were aware of his immense talent," the network said.

Mills wrote for the Washington Post in the early 1990s.

He later wrote episodes for TV police dramas "NYPD Blue" and "Homicide: Life on the Street" and hospital series "ER," all during the 1990s.

Mills contributed to "The Wire" from 2006 to 2008, a show created by former journalist David Simon that took a gritty look at Baltimore's drug trade, police force, newspaper business and bureaucracy.

"Treme," a show about New Orleans in the wake of 2005's Hurricane Katrina, was Mills' latest project. The program, which he produced along with Simon, will debut on April 11.

Mills won a pair of prime-time Emmy Awards in 2000 for his work on TV miniseries "The Corner," another show from Simon.

(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis: Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)

Saw this earlier today, RIP indeed.

Loved Homicide. Great show. Just began The Wire w/ my wife.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Saw this earlier today, RIP indeed.

Loved Homicide. Great show. Just began The Wire w/ my wife.
Dude was definitely a gifted storyteller. Homicide, The Wire, and The Corner were just too freakin real - and all in Baltimore, lol. His stories had so many layers it was ridiculous. 

damm dude was gifted, i feel sorry for his fam, but i always feel sorry for us and not being able to sell what couldve been....
smh.gif
smh.gif

Heard about this earlier. R.I.P. Definitely will be missed... The Wire is the greatest series of all time, and a big part was because of him. Treme should be great as well.

Back
Top Bottom