R.I.P. Jordan Collection?!?!?!?

Im still new to this site and I've been buying jordans since 04 but didnt start collecting heavily until the CDPs came out. Ever since then ive been buying EVERY SINGLE retro besides the 1's unless it was in a package. I've been reading the bible a lot lately and I'm not so sure if I want to do it anymore because it's not good to be greedy or materialistic. Like i'm thinking at the end of the day, WUT IN THE HECK will all these shoes stand for....NOT A DARN THING! So the grey and white 2's was the first pair of retros i missed in like two years! IDK if I should just stop or just buy OG colorways, anybody feel how i feel or have advice? Lock it up if you want IDC!!!!!!!!

i read too and i dont think its bad collecting just as long it doesnt take priority over God..and as long it doesnt make you do desperate things for money..you should be fine

get this religious talk outta the JB forum. go to iss.com and write all about it, cuz NT is not the place for this. not trying to be negative, I'm trying to be real. people like u disgust me. horrible attitude. " lock it up, I don't care" i hope god punishes u for this thread and for buying so Manu jordans.

moderation is key.

buying every release is pretty ridiculous, mate. just buy what you're going to wear, then you aren't wasting resources or taking pairs from people who would love to wear them.

LOOK  your AVY and you think GOD will be mad at you for jordans 
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

hey, it's your anti-drug. that's what i tell my mom.
"would you rather have me spending on drugs?"

I've been contemplating a little about a variation of the same thing.
I have so much, and others have so little.
But I rationalize my "hobby" by looking at the other areas that I spend money.
I don't smoke or drink, I rarely go to the club.
Me and my girl spend alot of time at home with family, so we don't really spend alot going out
I think if you spend alot in one area, and spend less in other areas, then I think it balances it out.
And lastly, if you're buying kicks just to have them, then maybe that's something to worry about

If you are a good sincere giving person, and just so happens to like shoes, I don't see what's wrong with that?

I've been guilty a couple of times purchasing shoes, instead of making that extra grocery run
laugh.gif

The Bible was written a loooong time ago, and this world has changed so much.

Nothing wrong with buying what you like, but you claim to have bought everything other than 1's????????
you even bought the rainbow g@y pride 6's??? you know how god feels about adam and steve right? Thats a HYPEBEAST!!!

Originally Posted by east99

hey, it's your anti-drug. that's what i tell my mom.
"would you rather have me spending on drugs?"

my moms tells me something in that sense..."Id rather have you buy your shoes and stare at them all day rather then see you come home with a 6 pack in one hand and a #$#*$* in the other".

I came to the same realization about my spending on Jordans but it was more about taking on bigger responsibilities in life like; house mortgage, car payment and saving for financial emergencies. but thats just me.

if you start worrying about what god will be mad at you about you're going to go crazy. no one can live up to the ten commandments, thats why they're there. just do everything in moderation.

I know I don't buy shoes for no reason. I haven't ever thought about stopping i'll be burried in a pair of J's. If you don't think there's a reason in collecting then you probably should stop

Originally Posted by bel air

get this religious talk outta the JB forum. go to iss.com and write all about it, cuz NT is not the place for this. not trying to be negative, I'm trying to be real. people like u disgust me. horrible attitude. " lock it up, I don't care" i hope god punishes u for this thread and for buying so Manu jordans.

noob
indifferent.gif

its not greedy or materialistic at all fam, just that shoes shouldn't be your priority (religious or not)

just remember quality over quantity, buy what you like. Dont matter if you got 500 GR releases because you arent going to wear them all anyways. I sold most of my sneaker because I needed money but honestly it felt good, a huge releif.

Originally Posted by tank502

anybody have advice?
Yes.  For starters, stop looking to a book comprised of a collection of children's fairytales as a reliable source on how to live your life.  Secondly, it is not material possessions themselves that are bad, but rather the importance you place on obtaining and owning those possessions that determines if what you're doing is a harmless hobby, or an out of line obsession.  What you should be more concerned with is how much of your lifestyle consists of what YOU truly want, vs. how much of it is a byproduct of corporate consumerist whoreism that, like the VAST majority of Americans, you've blindly bought into.  In other words, would you give a damn about the things you own if they didn't impress anyone else?

"The things you own end up owning you" - Fight Club

Back
Top Bottom