R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

kobe4.jpg

I wasn't a Lakers fan, and I had just become a Kobe fan at this point (OG Hater from '96-'03), but, when this issue came out...I almost wanted that jersey...almost. I gotta find that magazine when I go back home.

2008-2010 Kobe 24 was complete. This was the best Kobe has been his whole career. Sure Afro Kobe was jumping higher but peep the video

So he wasn't a complete player because he wasnt better than a prime Shaq? Not sure if 08-10 kobe was better than a prime Shaq either.
Naw I mean the only thing people were hanging over Kobe’s head was he never won season/finals MVP or a Chip without Shaq. The Kobe mentality and determination was fueled by this. I personally think that was him at his best.

Who all made magazines for kobe? I seen espn an bought a la times. Need that Newsweek. Who else made 1?

there was no kobe better than the 07-08 & 08-09 seasons kobe.

it was around the time when he would do dunks and when he’d land, he’d run with his arms out like like a plane like soccer players did.

that window of time was true PRIME kobe and both seasons he wore 24.

Frobe was nice too dont get me wrong. He mos def was a beast but he was so young that his understanding of the game did not match his athleticism.

when PEAK athleticism meets PEAK knowledge, THATS when a player is in his prime.

06,07,08 was when kobe was @ his most unstoppable. just sux the teams were horrible (with the exception of 0 eight) and they kept getting bounced in the first round by the suns.

there was no kobe better than the 07-08 & 08-09 seasons kobe.

it was around the time when he would do dunks and when he’d land, he’d run with his arms out like like a plane like soccer players did.

that window of time was true PRIME kobe and both seasons he wore 24.

Frobe was nice too dont get me wrong. He mos def was a beast but he was so young that his understanding of the game did not match his athleticism.

when PEAK athleticism meets PEAK knowledge, THATS when a player is in his prime.

06,07,08 was when kobe was @ his most unstoppable. just sux the teams were horrible (with the exception of 0 eight) and they kept getting bounced in the first round by the suns.
100% agree he was much more knowledgeable about the game when he was 24 and had more fire in his eyes to do whatever needed to be done. 🐍

kobe4.jpg

I wasn't a Lakers fan, and I had just become a Kobe fan at this point (OG Hater from '96-'03), but, when this issue came out...I almost wanted that jersey...almost. I gotta find that magazine when I go back home.

Loved that jersey.

I always hated those vest jerseys and was glad they went away from them.

^ yeah that jersey was dumb fire.

bought the swingman when i was in HS (02-03).

It was like a 4xl. Lol

frobe vs kobe convo reminds me of the MJ commercial of young MJ vs old MJ. "You reach, I teach". Young kobe was a beast but I enjoyed how older Kobe played from 07-10. And then Vino Kobe during his 12-13 season wearing the VIII's

06,07,08 kobe was a mad scientist.

the things he was doin on the court @ that time just looked so pretty. He was an artist fr.

overall, i do feel like mj was better than kobe in terms of career totality but 07 kobes skillset was on FULL display and he really did look better than mj @ that time.

zkii kobe had the entire league for lunch. Lol

Back
Top Bottom