R.I.P. My 2000 Honda Civic SI

To everyone who helped stop me from buying some knock off rims. Just my luck my 2000 Honda Civic SI got a blown out engine on the way back from schoolyesterday and the new engine will cost $6,000 to fix. Anyone have any suggestions on what car to get next? looking to spend less than 15K due to the fact thatI have to use this SI as a trade in to get out of my current loan with the bank.

Here are some pics...enjoy
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
ohwell.gif

4802537e52398858a467e7a511f015376361191.jpg

21917380003_medium.jpg

Before the G35 and M3 comments come...

Get a new Civic Si sedan. Not the fastest thing of course, but it gets the job done, has potential, and its a four door. I know damn well sometimes you wishyou had a four door while you were driving your car.
laugh.gif

what the. you swapping k-series bud? lol get a JDM b16 or 18 should be like 2500-4000

I noticed that my oil presure light was blinking so I took it in to a shell gas station for an oil change next thing you know when I get back from class Idrive off and 5 minutes after I started driving my engine blew it's load on the freeway. LOL
smh.gif

I luckily pulled over to the side of the freeway and by then it would not start back up. Just finally was able to mechanic today and that's what theyquoted me.

The tail lights came with the carI threw the rims on myself. I was currently looking into getting the stock ones back.

To be honest with all of you they are all great suggestions, but I do not even know where to start looking for the swap how much to pay nor do I have anyfriends in the know!

kadet > sr20det

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

But yea, you can get a GSR or LS for less than that...not sure about your year b16.

Originally Posted by nomas04

To be honest with all of you they are all great suggestions, but I do not even know where to start looking for the swap how much to pay nor do I have any friends in the know!

the great thing about hondas is that a problem like that is so cheap and easy to fix. no need for a new engine, you can just swap in new parts that will giveyou a little more power

Get on a Honda forum and ask local people about yards or shops that sell engines. Or ask around my area. There's also many websites you can go on and havethem ship it to the shop you'd have swapping it in then you just gotta pay the shop for labor + towing your car there. Cant trust all sites though, manyare shady.

haha you drive a civic.But $6k for engine dont you think thats a little to much for a shop to be chargieng you

As soon as I get into my office tomorrow the quote should be waiting for me at my desk so that I can see what exactly messed up.

haha you drive a civic.But $6k for engine dont you think thats a little to much for a shop to be chargieng you

Back
Top Bottom