Race is the craziest thing in America

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by MrBrown

When a white person asks...... Im American

everyone else....... you get the background

I hate when white americans start talking about being irish or german or french or whatever, theyve lived here for 200 years, american in my book

The worst is fools blaming their behavior or habits on it. "Oh we like to eat and have a good time cuz were Italian. Its only natural we're overweight."
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

NT has been on some ignorant sh-- today

You rly have a problem with a white person identifying with their roots just because it was 200 years ago? One of my best friends is Irish, his family has been in this country for a century and he still has family in Ireland-I would hope a century from now my children would have the same interest and connection with their roots

You can be American AND Irish-I don't understand why this is such a hard concept for people to accept-You're identity can be shaped by many cultures

If you think race is a big deal now, wait til white people are actually OUTNUMBERED..........................ohhh its gonna get ugly...

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I hate when white americans start talking about being irish or german or french or whatever, theyve lived here for 200 years, american in my book

The worst is fools blaming their behavior or habits on it. "Oh we like to eat and have a good time cuz were Italian. Its only natural we're overweight."
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

You rly have a problem with a white person identifying with their roots just because it was 200 years ago? One of my best friends is Irish, his family has been in this country for a century and he still has family in Ireland-I would hope a century from now my children would have the same interest and connection with their roots

You can be American AND Irish-I don't understand why this is such a hard concept for people to accept-You're identity can be shaped by many cultures
Thats cool. But then youre Irish-American or American with Irish roots. You are NOT Irish.

^
Yeah but most people don't say _______ with the American at the end.  It's easier to just say you're Irish, Italian, Japanese, Indian, etc.

That's how people choose to identify themselves.  It's not a big deal.  Usually people only say they're plain American when they're in a foreign country.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Thats cool. But then youre Irish-American or American with Irish roots. You are NOT Irish.
Why cause they don't have the "paper" that says they aren't citizens? If someone identifies with their Irish roots and calls themselves Irish, they are Irish-

I have cousins who were born here and refer to themselves as Nigerian AND American-What's your point?

Originally Posted by shogun

^
Yeah but most people don't say _______ with the American at the end.  It's easier to just say you're Irish, Italian, Japanese, Indian, etc.

That's how people choose to identify themselves.  It's not a big deal.  Usually people only say they're plain American when they're in a foreign country.

thank you

If my parents were Japanese, but I was born here-if asked what my ethnicity and country of origin was I would say Japanese

My Indian friends, most of whom were born here say they are Indian

Comedian had a really funny skit about this. She pretty well said, people are so proud to be from whatever country they are from, they love that culture that heritage, they are so proud of it. Yet....they wouldn't move there to save their life. You're Irish? Move to Ireland. I mean be proud of your ancestors, but there is a reason you live here in America. You get all the benefits and safeties that Americans enjoy, pay your taxes here, raise your kids here etc. Yet fail to see, YOUR culture, you personally, for those raised here, is American, your not Irish. You go to Ireland and I bet they will call you Amreican. Running away from one culture, not being accepted by the other. People want the good in Greek-American, but I don't see people flocking to Greece. I work at an Italian restaurant, want to know one of the first things they told me when I got the Job...we serve American food, it's psuedo-Italian...where they do that at?

Originally Posted by gambit215

If you think race is a big deal now, wait til white people are actually OUTNUMBERED..........................ohhh its gonna get ugly...
laugh.gif
Yea it is. True colors will REALLY start coming out

Latinos will outnumber all races in America. Look at the amount of babies they are pumping out.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
You do realize that Europeans didn't stop coming here 200 years ago right?

America... the country where you can't be American... if any of us Americans go to another country, I'm pretty sure we'd be labeled as American and not whatever our "race" is.

Originally Posted by Toilet Terror

hate applying for jobs and having to pick African American smh

Same Here My Brother
tired.gif
sometimes i wanna mark white so i could get a quicker interview...and if they ask why i marked it say it was just a common error lol

Back
Top Bottom