Racially Insensitive: Yay Or Nay (Nivea Ad) - Discuss

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Should white people be outraged since the ads are inferring that they are devils?

more people should probably be offended by the decapitated head of jesus in the ad and the wording

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by MARINADELREY

yall soft
No.  We're not soft.
The issue here is that there are two groups of minorities here on NT.  There are NTers like myself for whatever
reason (age, educational background, upbringing, the region of the country they live) are more racially conscious.
There's another group of minorities that for reasons of (younger age, educational background, upbringing, the region of the country they live) haven't any negative situations, or exclusion based on the color of their skin.
These two groups are going to continue to but heads. But there's no way that I'm going to smile and let this type of
blatant racism happen after all that my parents and generations before them had to go through.

If you stand for this type of crap, then you may as well let companies retro their original packaging with black-face ads.
Reach more.
Seriously.

LOL @ you thinking that if you're not outraged by this ad that you're somehow less educated. 

The ad is showing the contrast between a groomed head, and an un-groomed head.  That's it.   There is no deeper meaning.  

Un-groomed = uncivilized.

Groomed = civilized.

You're claiming they're the racists when it's you and people like you who are making race an issue in this ad.

overall black people are way too sensitive, they play the race card more than all the other races combined...

Originally Posted by j4ck

overall black people are way too sensitive, they play the race card more than all the other races combined...
Well we could just overlook and keep quiet on a lot of things like our Asian counterparts on the other end of the spectrum. But then we'd be treated like them as well. No thanks.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

for the first time i agree with dc ...it's kinda insensitive to imply that an afro is "uncivilized" and to fit in you must rid yourself of genetic heritage 

tumblr_lpdnontKtf1qh7uhg.gif

Giving the history of being black in America you better belive blacks are sensitive about race....

Originally Posted by whiterails

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

yall soft
No.  We're not soft.
The issue here is that there are two groups of minorities here on NT.  There are NTers like myself for whatever
reason (age, educational background, upbringing, the region of the country they live) are more racially conscious.
There's another group of minorities that for reasons of (younger age, educational background, upbringing, the region of the country they live) haven't any negative situations, or exclusion based on the color of their skin.
These two groups are going to continue to but heads. But there's no way that I'm going to smile and let this type of
blatant racism happen after all that my parents and generations before them had to go through.

If you stand for this type of crap, then you may as well let companies retro their original packaging with black-face ads.
Reach more.
Seriously.

LOL @ you thinking that if you're not outraged by this ad that you're somehow less educated. 

The ad is showing the contrast between a groomed head, and an un-groomed head.  That's it.   There is no deeper meaning.  

Un-groomed = uncivilized.

Groomed = civilized.

You're claiming they're the racists when it's you and people like you who are making race an issue in this ad.
Not less educated in an academic sense, but less educated in the effect that this type of media has on it's demographic
as a whole...and the negativity that it associates to Black men that look like this on a daily basis.  IMO, there is nothing about the Black head that is uncivilized..the beard is lined and close to the face, and
the hair is just long, not ungroomed.  Call it a reach if you want, but I think that it's an offensive ad.

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

I mean...that fact that they associated a black person's natural hair state with being being "uncivilized" does
catch my eye a little bit
. Whether or not I would have noticed before it was pointed out...I'm not too sure.
agreed.  its kind of like how many women feel the need to perm their hair to look "professional"

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

for the first time i agree with dc ...it's kinda insensitive to imply that an afro is "uncivilized" and to fit in you must rid yourself of genetic heritage 

It's not saying that afros in particular are uncivilized.  Looking at both ads, its saying long hair in general is.  
Oh and saying this is racist is a reach.  If you notice, the ad isn't saying "CIVILIZE" yourself.  It's saying "RE-civilize."  This would mean that you were at one point civil, until you grew your hair out.  Its a freaking Nivea ad, they want you to groom yourself.  That's how they make money.

Ravage and Superman, if you reach any higher, you'd tickle God's scrotum. you've already gone above and beyond his toes
laugh.gif
the reaching in this thread in unfathomable

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Well we could just overlook and keep quiet on a lot of things like our Asian counterparts on the other end of the spectrum. But then we'd be treated like them as well. No thanks.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, single out other minorities when you, yourself is feeling inferior.  Keep playing that race card and we'll see how far that gets you in life. 

@RavageBX so how are asians being treated differently from blacks?
I'm not gonna sit here and break it down for you. Asian sensitivities are ignored for the most part. Many consider them an "invisible" people who are not seen or heard. They lack adequate representation in many walks of life and as a result many stereotypes are accepted amongst those on the outside. Look at this post from someone just today in the sports forum in regards to the melee in that Georgetown v. China bball game...

Originally Posted by Frank Matthews

the age factor is such a moot is beyond irrelevant.
you don't go into anyone's house trying to flex in any manner and that's what happened.
if it's known how China plays and you are certainly outnumbered you should know beforehand to keep your emotions in check.
that didn't happen and Georgetown took a major L..documented on video lol.
they got beat up by a bunch of Asians..that should sting for a while.
It's comments like these that kill me lol. They're men just like the rest of us. You act as if getting beat up by Asian dudes is different than getting beat up by anyone else. I guess you subscribe to the stereotype of Asian male inferiority.

Ravage and Superman, if you reach any higher, you'd tickle God's scrotum. you've already gone above and beyond his toes
laugh.gif
the reaching in this thread in unfathomable
cute.

But my own experiences as a Black American male in this country doesn't allow me to take these things lightly...no
matter how insignificant they are to you.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, single out other minorities when you, yourself is are feeling inferior.  Keep playing that race card and we'll see how far that gets you in life. 
Feeling inferior? Never. Knowing I'm superior to what they try to portray me as? Always. And ftr I'm already farther in life than the vast majority of this board so you can miss me with that nonsense 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, single out other minorities when you, yourself is feeling inferior.  Keep playing that race card and we'll see how far that gets you in life. 

How did he play the race card?
laugh.gif

@Ravage ... okay, i see your point. Doesn't dismiss the fact that the race card is overused and doesn't apply to half the things intended.

@Ravage ... okay, i see your point. Doesn't dismiss the fact that the race card is overused and doesn't apply to half the things intended.

Of course it's overused. But that is a bi-product of America's ugly history, not African American's intention to stir isht up or complain as people like to make it seem.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, single out other minorities when you, yourself is are feeling inferior.  Keep playing that race card and we'll see how far that gets you in life. 
Feeling inferior? Never. Knowing I'm superior to what they try to portray me as? Always. And ftr I'm already farther in life than the vast majority of this board so you can miss me with that nonsense 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
whatever u say, my man. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
whatever u say, my man. 
AKA "please don't son me anymore."

i love how black people act as if nobody knows what it feels like to be a minority and be victims of racism.

Back
Top Bottom