Racism clearly will never end...

do you have a blog? write the whole story on a blog and like it. i think it would look better than being on a nike forum to the press.

honestly i wouldnt really know about racism since im white, but ever since obama got elected ive noticed way more people i know/see at work dropping the"N" word and acting alot more hostile towards black people, im not saying its his fault or anything im just saying him being elected was supposed tobreak down barriers and it seems like is all it did is make white people mad, but then again i dont follow politics and i live in a 98% white community so i myview is probably a little jaded. either way them dudes who did that should be took out back and shot

dang that messed up.

i really didn't think that girls were racist till this chick called me a %!%% yesterday OVER THE INTERNET i didn't know what that meant so i looked upand was shocked

i live in the south and i'm use to seeing people hanging their confederate flags high and proudly. but this right here?! this is some BS! man i feel badfor your pops going through that kind of ignorance. but like dude said, the best revenge is success. those guys will be dealt with on judgement day.doesn't matter if it's a joke or not to them. that kind of stuff is just ignorant. it's 2009, going on 2010 and they're still stuck in the 19thcentury. smh
smh.gif
moz-screenshot.png

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

[kayne] racism is still alive, they just be concealing it [/kanye]

thats messed up man. best of luck to you and your family.

that lyric goes through my head at least once a week.
smh.gif

And to someone who said they still have faith in humanity, why?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

That's $#%%#! up bro.

What sucks is sometime you have NO CHOICE but to be the bigger person and swallow the pride and get back to work
tired.gif

unfortunately this is true. I posted last time how this cop called my mom an immigrant at McDonald, and asked my girlfriend (who is white) if my mom wasannoying her and what she was doing with her. $*!%*$% shame. I wanted to hit him so badly. but i knew how that would end up. Edit: Try sending it to your localnews. or http://digg.com/ niketalk can help you get it to the top of the diggs

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

unfortunately this is true. I posted last time how this cop called my mom an immigrant at McDonald, and asked my girlfriend (who is white) if my mom was annoying her and what she was doing with her. $*!%*$% shame. I wanted to hit him so badly. but i knew how that would end up. Edit: Try sending it to your local news. or http://digg.com/ niketalk can help you get it to the top of the diggs
I agree with this, Dont let those guys get away with it. Be careful as well though.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Essential1

$%$+%* up

*waits for someone to say racism isn't a problem in this country*
It's not. So there.
Huh?? Are u imposing that racism isn't a problem in this country or that a reply imposing such isn't coming?
nerd.gif

That's messed up brah forreal. But like somebody mentioned earlier, they want him to say somethin so they have reason for them to "justify" theirignorant actions and **+# w/ ya pops gig. He just gotta eat it and keep it movin. Ppl like that don't understand the seriousness of their actions and howmuch disrespect it is. Not to mention, ur father is probably the better contractor and they know it, just feelin type bitter b/c he is more successful thanthey are

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

$%$+%* up

It's not. So there.
Huh?? Are u imposing that racism isn't a problem in this country or that a reply imposing such isn't coming?
nerd.gif
I'm "imposing" that racism is not a problem in this country. Are there people who are truly racist in this country? Yes. Out of the275 million people in this country, are there so many people who are racist (as in people who want to completely oppress a supposed "inferior" race)that it is a widespread problem? Not one bit.

In fact, I'd say for every one white person in this country who is truly racist, there are 1,000 other white people who go out of their way to make surethey act in a way that is not racist, to compensate for the idiots out there.

More Racism.

http://www.philly.com/phi...k_at_S__Phila__High.html

Asian students under attack at S. Phila. High

By DAFNEY TALES
Philadelphia Daily News
talesd@phillynews.com 215-854-5084
Zhihua Tian traveled thousands of miles from his native China earlier this year to profit from the treasures of the American education system.

Unfortunately, he landed at South Philadelphia High School, where the number of violent incidents often overshadow student achievements.

Tian, 19, of South Philly, and five other students who are recent immigrants are staying home today because they were among 26 Asian students who were attacked by a gang of other students throughout the day yesterday, said Xu Lin, of the Chinatown Development Corporation, who works with victimized students.

District officials said that 10 students have been suspended. No arrests were reported, but students who were outside the school yesterday said they had seen students being led out of the building in handcuffs.

Several incidents of violence against Asian immigrants were reported at the school last year.
Lin said there was a pervasive atmosphere of fear among Asian students.

"It's very, very scary," he said, noting that he repeatedly was beaten up when he attended South Philly High. "You go to school and you don't know when you'll be attacked."

The ordeal began Wednesday, Lin said, when a Vietnamese student was jumped by 14 students across the street from the school.
Yesterday, the attackers were roaming the halls "searching for victims class by class during school," he said.

About 12:30 p.m., Tian and two friends were heading to the cafeteria when someone ran up and hit him in the head from behind, Tian said through Lin, who translated.

"I tried to escape," Tian, a freshman, said. "I ran and they chased me and beat me on the nose."

His friend Shan Chen, 18, also a freshman, was pushed to the ground, punched and kicked, Chen said.

Seven of the victims, including Tian, were treated at Methodist Hospital for scrapes and bruises.

Violent incidents against Asian students often go unreported because the victims often have a language barrier or choose to suffer in silence rather than risk retaliation, said Tram Nguyen, a community organizer with Victim Services in South Philly.

But students at the school, which is 18 percent Asian and has been designated by the state as "persistently dangerous" the last three years, have tried to stop the violence against them.

"We didn't come from China to fight," said Wei Chen (no relation to Shan Chen), who founded the Chinese-American Student Association after last year's attacks.

The group has petitioned the district for more police patrols, security cameras and other measures, he said.

The school's principal, LaGreta Brown, declined to comment, but Michael Silverman, who oversees the city's 32 neighborhood schools, said that assaults in the school are down by 50 percent.

"We've been working with the Asian community since last year to make sure that South Philly High is an inviting place," he said.

But Xiu Ling Lu, whose ninth-grade son, Li Hua Shi, 15, escaped yesterday's pummeling, said she still worries that her son may become an indiscriminate target.

"They just beat every Chinese people. They don't care," she said. "This time he's lucky. What about next time?"
http://hiphopwired.com/20...are-racist-against-them/

30 Asian students are South Philadelphia High School are refusing to return to the classroom after they were assaulted by a group of Black students no more than one week ago.

Some of the students involved in the attack have faced the wrath of America's school system and have since been sent to public institutions that specialize in alternative educational methods, yet, that is not enough for these teens.

More than 50 students are actively protesting the Philadelphia school district by boycotting all classes and social events hosted by the educational system, a move made because they felt that their plight was not being taken seriously by the powers that be.

Now the beleaguered learners have the backing of several influential figures in city law enforcement as well as leader with Philly's Asian community, all of which are calling for broader security measures to be taken to make sure violence does not remain an issue in local public schools.

"We've been telling them if you work with the school district and be patient, things will turn around and this happened last week?," questioned John Chin of the Philadelphia Chinatown Development Corporation. "What am I going to tell the students today?"

There has not been any official evidence that says whether the attacks against the students were racially motivated.

Originally Posted by Hugo

EvansST wrote:
Originally Posted by Hugo

may i ask what race you are and they are
nerd.gif
Black and they are white.
o ok, but yea back to the point, we almost in 2010 and this kinda of stuff shouldnt be happening anymore
smh.gif

I've lived in the Bay Area for a total of nearly three years and I thought I'd never see anything like this around here. Next to NY, thisis probably the most diverse area of the country I've ever seen. I have recognized areas like Berkeley which are prominently white neighborhoods but thisIS the Bay Area. Whites are practically MINORITIES out here!

Tough experience for your old man. I hope the best and he should prevail if it is recognized by the proper authorities...

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

He has been on this project for a year and still hasn't gotten paid.

I dont know anything about the construction business, but would legal action make the situation worse?

I just typed that just to provide that through out the duration of the project MCM (the general contractor of this project) added "insult toinjury."

Also, he was "bullied" into a contract that he didn't like from the beginning. He knew he was dumb for signing it but he wanted to prove that hewas more than capable enough to handle a state project. Even though he hasn't made any money from it he counts this as a win. Because of this project ithas led the company into more opportunities throughout the bay area. It's a moral victory.

^
Yeah, my pops and uncle had to go through this when they started in the construction industry. The construction business is pretty racist, even in the bayarea. Especially to people of color. Most of these developers and big wigs already have their circle of "friends" that they mess with. When they letsomeone new in, it's just about them making a bigger profit, yet they still hold on to their racist views. My uncle and dad does commercial stucco andtexture, and there were plenty of other circles hating on them. There is no such thing as free information. Luckily, my uncle hooked up with some cool whitesdudes that didn't have anything towards anyone, and they've been good business partners since. Those people are not going to change, you can tell themthey're ignorant, but they have been rich yet ignorant, so they don't care. It will make them less bold though, and conceal their hate. I tried sendingthe story to KTVU, and can't, if anybody knows where to go, send me a message.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

when i worked construction in AZ there was a LOT of hate towards mexicans and blacks.. slurs of all kind written inside the port o johns
smh.gif
smh.gif

Adam Carolla would laugh at all your accusations of construction site racism. Tons of innuendo, very little racism. That's how blue collar works. If therewas rampant outright hatred, nothing would ever get done.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

$%$+%* up

It's not. So there.
nerd.gif
I'm "imposing" that racism is not a problem in this country. Are there people who are truly racist in this country? Yes. Out of the 275 million people in this country, are there so many people who are racist (as in people who want to completely oppress a supposed "inferior" race) that it is a widespread problem? Not one bit.

In fact, I'd say for every one white person in this country who is truly racist, there are 1,000 other white people who go out of their way to make sure they act in a way that is not racist, to compensate for the idiots out there.

appearantly you have never read about the difference between Urban and Suburban schools. Housing practices. Health Care. The justice system. Job market.

Just because a majority is not racist (which I believe) does not mean racism is now NOT a problem, when it is imprinted in black, hispanic and other minoritieslives on a daily basis.

Adam Carolla would laugh at all your accusations of construction site racism. Tons of innuendo, very little racism. That's how blue collar works. If there was rampant outright hatred, nothing would ever get done.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Are you in the construction field or blue collar world?
I've been doing construction, and I'm a Longshoreman for the last 7 years. Racism is everywhere, but in the blue collar world, these men are more machoand hardheaded with it. Me, being Asian in the Longshore industry. I know for a fact, I don't get the better jobs because I'm not "in" withthe brothas. Same goes for construction except, it's with white people. I mean a noose hanging is pretty out there. But I've seen the cold shoulder,and running in circles given to me, my dad, and my uncle. There's the stereotypes that Chinese skips steps and do things without permits, and the Mexicansand Blacks are not reliable and are good for only labor. You think these stereotypes came from people of color?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I feel it everyday, but I can care less. I just get my moneyand get out, and along the way ,I still meet some cool people of all colors. Don't get me wrong we can't categorize all people, but to say there is noracism at the construction site is hilarious
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom