"Racism is as American as baseball"

dont really know which way they meant it

but espn called it racist

and the umpire apparently ejected them

still cant figure out if theyre proud or condemning racists

They down for the cause. They were interviewed and wanted to shed light on this countries depressive behavior towards minorities.

This sign was NOT a good way of condemning racism. When i first saw it, i thought it was some white supremacist putting it out there especially it being in Boston too

While the saying is true, i feel like they shoulda came up with something else. Not some ish that racists themselves agree with & others are confused on how to interpret it

I feel like they shoulda came up with something else. Not some ish that racists themselves agree with & others are confused on how to interpret it

Yeah true. But i feel like the word play is just what they needed. If the sign just said "Racism has been around for x amount of years" it wouldnt even be up for discussion like it is right now

Of course this happens in Boston :lol:

This sign was NOT a good way of condemning racism. When i first saw it, i thought it was some white supremacist putting it out there especially it being in Boston too

Enlighten me, both of yall.
What do you mean by especially in boston? Have you two ever been in the city multiple times? I been in many different parts of boston and never dealt with racism. Boston is actually a very friendly place.

Makes me wonder what made you guys think boston is a rascist place? Was it becauses of the KKK Rally last month at the boston common? Because there were actually thousands of ppl who were their to protest against them being in boston versus like maybe 100? White Supremacists.

While the saying is true, i feel like they shoulda came up with something else. Not some ish that racists themselves agree with & others are confused on how to interpret it

I feel this way pretty much..but II will say if the sign was more clear about its intent initially, I probably wouldn't even be thinking about it any more, so there is that effect.

What do you mean by especially in boston? Have you two ever been in the city multiple times? I been in many different parts of boston and never dealt with racism. Boston is actually a very friendly place.
I been to Boston once during my college/dorming years with my boys and before we left got in to an unfortunate racist run in with the cops.

However, that one incident doesn't inform my opinion of the Boston.

That has more to do with the white ppl from Boston I've encountered in my life. I totally get why many ppl think its a racist place even if they weren't going off its racist history (granted I don't know if you know but Boston (hell the whole state of Mass.) has a history of well documented racism.

Sure there are plenty nice ppl from the area but there's also plenty racists. That includes even the white rprivileged unintentional ignorsnt racist

And yeah you can say this about a lot of places but Boston has earned that infamy.

So yeah, I guess consider you lucky since you have nothing but positive things to say.

This aint some thing new or out of the blue. Aint like I'm saying Idaho is a super racist place.

Last edited:
I like the sign as is and I especially love the location where they decided to unveil this at. Perfectly done. I figured the individuals wanted to highlight how racism has been apart of the American experience. It made people think and look at the sign and guess the meaning of it at first glance.

Makes me wonder what made you guys think boston is a rascist place? Was it becauses of the KKK Rally last month at the boston common? Because there were actually thousands of ppl who were their to protest against them being in boston versus like maybe 100? White Supremacists.

I lived in Boston for 2 years and it was hands down the most racist city I've ever lived in. My move to Boston was sporadic and I had no idea about the stereotypes prior to arriving there. My experience and opinion was formed by first hand experiences. Once I shared a few of my experiences with some of my homies I found out what the city was "known for"

Something that always stood out to me was the lack of black nightlife in the city. I spoke to one of my OG's and they said in the early 2000's the city made a conscious effort to do away with the black clubs. Admittedly I never looked into it much, but it was something I did notice immediately upon arriving. I found it interesting that in all my travels through the US I had never seen a major city without a black nightlife.

Something else to be considered is most of those cats ain't venturing out of their neighborhoods. I know people in Dorchester, Mattapan, Randolph etc that haven't even visited the commons in their lifetime and they are life long residents.

To avoid ranting I'll sum up with this, while I did experience my fare share of blatant in your face racism, Boston is the quintessential city for the practicing of institutional insidious racism. Therefore, I think Boston is deserving of all the criticism it receives.

Jackie Robinson knows this racism all too well.

God bless Jackie with so much patience to have to deal with such astounding ignorance. A true hero.

I lived in Boston for 2 years and it was hands down the most racist city I've ever lived in. My move to Boston was sporadic and I had no idea about the stereotypes prior to arriving there. My experience and opinion was formed by first hand experiences. Once I shared a few of my experiences with some of my homies I found out what the city was "known for"

Something that always stood out to me was the lack of black nightlife in the city. I spoke to one of my OG's and they said in the early 2000's the city made a conscious effort to do away with the black clubs. Admittedly I never looked into it much, but it was something I did notice immediately upon arriving. I found it interesting that in all my travels through the US I had never seen a major city without a black nightlife.

Something else to be considered is most of those cats ain't venturing out of their neighborhoods. I know people in Dorchester, Mattapan, Randolph etc that haven't even visited the commons in their lifetime and they are life long residents.

To avoid ranting I'll sum up with this, while I did experience my fare share of blatant in your face racism, Boston is the quintessential city for the practicing of institutional insidious racism. Therefore, I think Boston is deserving of all the criticism it receives.

I didn't personally experience any during g the little time I was there, with the complete lack of black people I saw in my entire stay, it's not at surprising that Boston has that stigma when it comes to race. When it takes you a full day just to see 3 black people and you're in various parts of the city, you know you're in the wrong place

I disagree 100%
If we're gonna make any headway what so ever than we need people from all sides

I totally agree. Feels like those racist Boston folk would dismiss the message instantly if it were black folk holding up the banner.

It's like these racists assign rank to people depending on their ethnicity and value the order of that rank system. They'll listen to whatever one of their own have to say but their ears lose function more and more as the skin tone of the other person gets darker and darker. It's sad that this type of **** is still going on in America.

Basketball >

Yankees>

NY(queens)>

giphy.gif

When it takes you a full day just to see 3 black people and you're in various parts of the city, you know you're in the wrong place
...NO WAY!!!!! i've lived in Boston my whole life and there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you were in ANY part of the city and did not see 3 black people. we've made GREAT strides since the 70's and i HATE when people just say stuff about my city that is ABSOLUTELY wrong!!!!! so what part of the city where you in?

https://patch.com/massachusetts/southend/why-minorities-are-new-majority-boston-real-estate

Yeah he was just in the wrong sections altogether. Skipped Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan, JP, HP, etc :lol:

Think the mixed reactions are a testament of the times. Now that I think about it the sign is even more excellent bc it's making ppl stop & think for a min. Nuances exist, everything doesn't have to be directly on the surface

Yeah he was just in the wrong sections altogether. Skipped Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan, JP, HP, etc :lol:
my quess is he was in the suburbs. the days of "all white" sections of the city like Southie, Charlestown are longggggg gone.

Now that I think about it the sign is even more excellent bc it's making ppl stop & think for a min. Nuances exist, everything doesn't have to be directly on the surface
...nah, people were already thinking about it with BLM & Colin K. this was strictly a self serving stunt. the people who unfurled the sign had a friend going thru the stands filming people's reaction. instead of doing that, why didn't they do something that would actually help, like mentor underprivileged kids, volunteer at a Boys & Girls Club in the city, etc..because that stuff takes "real" work and doesn't get publicity.

Back
Top Bottom