"Racism is as American as baseball"

CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 'White man built these streets' - Man goes on public racial rant

gkltqp46ree1rgipjp1b.png

SEATTLE, Washington -- A man walked into a public area in Washington State and began hurling racial slurs and obscenities at a black man.

Keoke Silvano was walking by and saw what was happening and pulled out his cell phone.

"Just as a photographer, my instinct is to document. So I pulled out my cell phone and started recording," said Silvano.

What he recorded was Steven Jay Watts, 35, yelling at the black man a series of racial slurs. Then, he turns on Silvano, who is Filipino.

"The main thing is if something happened either to myself or the gentleman sitting here, I would have some sort of living document of what was happening," said Silvano.

"No cameras (remark deleted)! I run this country!" yelled Watts.

The video showing Watts going off on his racial tangent has gone viral.

CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 'White man built these streets' - Man goes on public racial rant

gkltqp46ree1rgipjp1b.png

SEATTLE, Washington -- A man walked into a public area in Washington State and began hurling racial slurs and obscenities at a black man.

Keoke Silvano was walking by and saw what was happening and pulled out his cell phone.

"Just as a photographer, my instinct is to document. So I pulled out my cell phone and started recording," said Silvano.

What he recorded was Steven Jay Watts, 35, yelling at the black man a series of racial slurs. Then, he turns on Silvano, who is Filipino.

"The main thing is if something happened either to myself or the gentleman sitting here, I would have some sort of living document of what was happening," said Silvano.

"No cameras (remark deleted)! I run this country!" yelled Watts.

The video showing Watts going off on his racial tangent has gone viral.

All that while wearing a Jordan hoodie. The privilege smh

NYC’s Transportation Authority ‘Indefinitely’ Suspends Metro-North Supervisor Over Blackface Photo

vpvgjoqbnfnb1dxots1c.png

Metropolitan Transportation Authority general supervisor Richard Ranallo had been suspended “indefinitely” by order of Catherine Rinaldi, president of the Metro-North commuter rail, a division of the MTA. He got promoted despite complaints from employees, raking in more than $200,000 a year. It was only after almost five years had passed since the original incident that he was suspended.

White Lorain police officer fired after stopping and detaining daughter and her black boyfriend

pwzvsewuero3a89eqrqx.png

LORAIN – A Lorain police officer was fired after an internal investigation found he abused his authority by conducting a traffic stop on his daughter’s boyfriend without cause and temporarily detained his daughter and her boyfriend in the back of his squad car.

Safety-Service Director Dan Given, Police Chief Cel Rivera and other command officers noted John Kovach Jr., a patrolman who joined the force in 1992, violated various sections of the department’s standards of conduct and policy and procedures during the April 16 incident.

Black doctor says man used SUV to keep her out of her community

837413f5-3112-4e21-84da-b58c8358ef18_360x203.jpg

Black doctor is outraged at a man she says racially profiled her when he used his SUV to block her from entering the gated community where she lives.

Nnenna Aguchoa said she was trying to enter the Buckhead Townhome community where she’s resided for eight years after coming off an overnight shift, according to a police report obtained by 11Alive News.That is when she says another property owner stopped her at the gate entrance by parking his vehicle under the gate arm, refusing to move forward.

Aguchoa captured the entire incident on video.

“He got out of the car and threatened to call the police on me because I was trespassing,” she said in the video clip taken at the scene. “This is racial profiling at its finest.”

“He called the police, so I called the police as well,” Aguchoa added.

Once officers arrived, the local doctor explained that the man refused to let her in because he didn’t believe she actually lived there. The man also accused her of tailgating his vehicle in an attempt to get through the gate.

Old but relevant

Majority Of White Americans Say They Believe Whites Face Discrimination

gettyimages-838439472_wide-b53e112488ced279d9ee377d8e1602dc557d63f3-s800-c85.jpg

A majority of whites say discrimination against them exists in America today, according to a poll released Tuesday from NPR, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

"If you apply for a job, they seem to give the blacks the first crack at it," said 68-year-old Tim Hershman of Akron, Ohio, "and, basically, you know, if you want any help from the government, if you're white, you don't get it. If you're black, you get it."

More than half of whites — 55 percent — surveyed say that, generally speaking, they believe there is discrimination against white people in America today. Hershman's view is similar to what was heard on the campaign trail at Trump rally after Trump rally. Donald Trump catered to white grievance during the 2016 presidential campaign and has done so as president as well.

Notable, however, is that while a majority of whites in the poll say discrimination against them exists, a much smaller percentage say that they have actually experienced it. Also important to note is that 84 percent of whites believe discrimination exists against racial and ethnic minorities in America today.

See, stories like these are ridiculous

It’s an editorial, its click bait but it’s also true

They know the reality of disproportionate police brutality, but they don’t have to worry about their children being shot in the face. Their kids receive good educations. Their kids can wear hoodies whenever they please. Little Amber and Connor’s résumés don’t get tossed in the trash because of their black-sounding names. Their children’s futures are determined only by work ethic and ability. Therefore, they stay silent on the sidelines.

That’s not evil.

That is cowardice.

““All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.”

It’s an editorial, its click bait but it’s also true

They know the reality of disproportionate police brutality, but they don’t have to worry about their children being shot in the face. Their kids receive good educations. Their kids can wear hoodies whenever they please. Little Amber and Connor’s résumés don’t get tossed in the trash because of their black-sounding names. Their children’s futures are determined only by work ethic and ability. Therefore, they stay silent on the sidelines.

That’s not evil.

That is cowardice.

““All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.”
If you’re will to accept a race of people are all the same then it works both ways. Fine, but don’t be angry when someone does the same thing not in your favor. “ALL ______ people are _____ becuase _____” is idiotic and prejudice. Not to mention the percentage of “success” you need to “prove” your assumption is small and easily manipulated

If you’re will to accept a race of people are all the same then it works both ways. Fine, but don’t be angry when someone does the same thing not in your favor. “ALL ______ people are _____ becuase _____” is idiotic and prejudice. Not to mention the percentage of “success” you need to “prove” your assumption is small and easily manipulated

It’s not saying all white people are the same. It’s saying that white people who ignore racism, systemic issues, and social issues when it’s Present in their face are complicit in its growth. Like I said, click baity title, but the contents are truthful.

“Inequality and racism exist not because of evil but because the unaffected majority put their interests above all others, and their inaction allows inequality to flourish. That is why I believe that silence in the presence of injustice is as bad as injustice itself. White people who are quiet about racism might not plant the seed, but their silence is sunlight.”

Ironically the shouting of “you can’t generalize people and say they’re all the same” and then going about your day without any further introspection or action is exactly the point this editorial is getting at.

A CBS survey revealed that most Americans disagree with Trump’s “both sides” equivocation regarding the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Va., last year. According to a CNN/ORC poll, a majority of Americans opposed the white-nationalist-inspired travel ban. Two-thirds of Americans say that separating children from their parents at the border is unacceptable, according to a CBS poll.

Still, most white people won’t do ****.”

No ones dumping all white people into one group. Don’t let the click bait title fool you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom