"Racism is as American as baseball"

Look at television & movies and tell me what the average description of a "thug" is.

That don't mean you're supposed to agree. If it were a bunch of black kids dressed like that and someone went off the handle and called them 'thugs', you'd be pissed. You're essentially agreeing to the stereotype just so you can be upset. That's a trick of the beast if I aint ever seen one.

That don't mean you're supposed to agree. If it were a bunch of black kids dressed like that and someone went off the handle and called them 'thugs', you'd be pissed. You're essentially agreeing to the stereotype just so you can be upset. That's a trick of the beast if I aint ever seen one.

You say I agree because....?
If my son's school had a "thug day" I'd be pissed period. That theme should not have happened at all because there's no respectable way to portray that imagery because it's a horrible stereotype. I don't agree to the stereotype, I'm reminding you that when the word thug is brought up WE are who they mean, and it is never a compliment or to be received favorably. So why would I like to see some white children dressing up in a costume of what people think all of us dress like? Why would I want to see any black kids dress up purposely like this to continue this stereotype?

Again, that theme itself is problematic and should not have been suggested let alone actually put through to "celebrate".

Just because there are people like us both who know that stereotype is false doesn't mean that people out there can use it as a costume and humor themselves knowing good and well that what they are doing passing on a stereotype like it's true.

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 11.04.10 PM.png

My dude first off why is there a “thug day”? You think it’s meant with some type of kind hearted intention? You have your mind made up so we can leave it at that

In one of her post-incident interviews, Goreduk reasoned that the phrase “black people” isn’t inherently racist. “I didn't know ‘black people’ was a racist term,” she told NBC News. “I didn't say the N-word or anything like that because it’s not in my vocabulary.”

:stoneface:

According to reports, Gordeuk accidentally dismissed the audience before the school valedictorian could give his remarks. Following her instructions, the attendees began to file out. Then Gordeuk, realizing her error, called them back: “You people are being so rude to not listen to this speech,” she said “It was my fault that we missed the speech in the program. Look who’s leaving—all the black people!”

:lol: How in the hell do you get suddenly racist because people were following your instructions, what the ****.

i was just about to post that smh
this is 1 of the reasons why being a minority and a Christian/Catholic don't go so well.

Back
Top Bottom