Racism or no Racism: Delonas' Cartoon - Your Thoughts?

The whole problem here is that somewhere ... at some point in time ... some of you ... were given a pass of sorts that allowed you to enjoy the luxury of beinginsensitive or ignorant to a situation or a fact.

Fortunately for most if not all black people, regardless of your socioeconomic back ground, we were not given that right to just allow ignorance to play intoour lives and weave a resting place for lack of knowledge.

I and most of my friends and associates have had the proper upbringing which taught us to respect if at least if not know something of other cultures whichenriched our knowledge of history and cultures... its a simple fact of life folks ... you may only get a chance to live in the "Beltway" but folksthis lil area we call home is just a spec of dirt in the grand scheme of things! You must learn so that you can avoid ignorance!

Half of my family is from across the sea's and we don't have many Niigata's, Lopez's , andLeiserowitch's ...

What we have are Akingbade's, Toweh's, and Nigus's ...

But I bet you that almost all of the names I mentioned have some sort of understanding of other cultures thus avoiding their ability to be completely ignorantto the rest of the world ... Ignorance is what has you not knowing of how the cartoon can be viewed as negative ... take our words for fact and educateyourself on the subject!

Do you really understand what you said below?

Jimmy the Greek drunkenly espoused a kooky racial theory and Cosell used a VERY poor choice of words to describe an athlete's performance
You have again given these "white men" a pass for espousing "kooky racial theories" ... but at theend of the day that is not good enough ... you can't give them a pass ... and I'm not saying that because I can't have a pass .... I'm sayingthat because none of us deserve a pass for IGNORANCE!

That's the ##@+ that started slavery!!!

Because "OUR FORE FATHERS" had some "kookyracial theories" we are still having issues across races 400+ years later!!!

Toweh, if you wanted to live in Mass, you were better off moving to Rockport if that was an option.
^^ And on the real ... I make good money ... the same cash that those bastards make in the Bean ... and if I want to be able to live 10 mins frommy office I should have the right to!

My point is no one gets a pass on ignorance homes ... no one
indifferent.gif

But Jesus is our friend
happy.gif

Originally Posted by TOWEH

You have again given these "white men" a pass for espousing "kooky racial theories" ... but at the end of the day that is not good enough ... you can't give them a pass ... and I'm not saying that because I can't have a pass .... I'm saying that because none of us deserve a pass for IGNORANCE!
Not to split hairs but what do YOU think Jimmy The Greek did?
He ABSOLUTELY espoused kooky racial theories on the air and was fired for it, did I not make the description dramatic enough? Did he do something else I'mnot aware of (except being a fat annoying blowhard that I couldn't wait to quit talking so I could watch the game)?
Not sure where you implied that I gave him a "pass"

Badgeman ...

I'm not making this a personal attack man ... but I'm just saying that you can't even begin to describe what he or any other cat that spoke withoutthinking did in such a passé way … I'm just trying to make a point … there was nothing "kooky" … it was just pure ignorance … and ignorance doesnot pass for "kooky" in my book … it passes as ignorance …

I'm by no means perfect and I know my standards are a bit more severe because my grandparents were diplomats (so I luckily got exposed to other culturesand customs early) so I don't fault folks in here for not knowing … but if you are a member of the media like Jimmy, Howard, Sean, or the one they callRupert (getting paid big bucks to speak and espouse your fact and at times your belief's) then you, your editor, assistant, and the medium that you used toconvey your message are accountable.

Its all love man... I'm just saying no pass for an IG'NANT ***

but I also split real life from Entertainment.

The Cartoon was not for entertainment Value. It was political satire.

You serious? A political satire by definition is a way of finding entertainment in the wild intracacies of politics...

The whole problem here is that somewhere ... at some point in time ... some of you ... were given a pass of sorts that allowed you to enjoy the luxury of being insensitive or ignorant to a situation or a fact.

Couldn't disagree more.

I and most of my friends and associates have had the proper upbringing which taught us to respect if at least if not know something of other cultures which enriched our knowledge of history and cultures... its a simple fact of life folks ... you may only get a chance to live in the "Beltway" but folks this lil area we call home is just a spec of dirt in the grand scheme of things! You must learn so that you can avoid ignorance!

To be honest, I believe that this statement is ignorant in the sense that it assumes that white childhoods are totally void of all struggles and that we aresheltered from the issues of the "real world".

I'm by no means perfect and I know my standards are a bit more severe because my grandparents were diplomats (so I luckily got exposed to other cultures and customs early) so I don't fault folks in here for not knowing

I don't know if you realized how "holier than thou" this statement makes you seem. Just because you preface a statement with "I'm notperfect" doesn't give you a free pass to state your superiority later in the statement.

When it all comes down to it, I love everyone on here regardless of their race and wish everyone the best.

Unlike 98% of the folks on FB.. I actually step away from the computer lol...

So when I get back.. you are gone most times.. Apparently I miss alot of msgs while away... I only get disappointed when its females though..

Toweh..I wasn't suggesting you move to Rockport because certain people had an issue with you living in Downtown Beantown..

I actually like Rockport better.. Mostly because of the houses, neighborhoods and the water nearby..that's all

DK, is the new Tyler Perry joint really that bad?

^^Prolly not but DK is now on to White Appreciation and White Pride.. lol He's been reading a new book.

The Land is Ours - We just Pretend to share it.
Come back White people!

Published by BK's & Back of the Window Air Freshners.

lololol

But DK is my President so its all good.

Barack Obama didn't write the stimulus bill - Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic Congress did.

Nancy Pelosi isn't black.

^^Dag blco.. how you gonna visit the forum and then chime in late?? lol

The convo done died down now!! lol

^^Prolly not but DK is now on to White Appreciation and White Pride.. lol He's been reading a new book.

Ok, let's see the white characters in the movie:
-White driver who cuts Madea off and then after confronted flicks her off and speeds away
-White human resources person who asks for a BJ in exchange for a job
-Prisoner who tries to r**e all of the new inmates
-Dr. Phil, need I say more?

But DK is my President so its all good.

For all those who were questioning whether or not Jews really ran the media... Rock never really said this...

DK.. Understandable viewpoint..

Would you support/stay and watch a movie if the roles of the characters in it were reversed..

As in white producer, good white actors/actresses, stereotypical aka "the token" blacks? Just a question, as i had this convo with an oldteammate/friend (who is white btw) the other day

blco2 on CP time........wayyyyy late lol .. and we know who wrote it, that was set in stone on page 1 or 2 i believe

A lot of us feel it's deeper than that, but we understand your position...

Rock, slap Jim Jones around if you ever catch him in a club, he started that Obama-for-N!gg@ switchero.. Bamma

"You muvaf'cas are incredible..."
- Chappelle

Why isn't the cartoon "drawn" in a post-2000 artform? Since you know, the incident(s) being poked occurred in 2009? Don't tell me white guy, "its the paper's right..."

(DR. EVIL) "RIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT......................."

"You muvaf'cas are incredible.."
- Chappelle

Back
Top Bottom