Racism, Sexism, Homophobia in the WWE (Good Read)

It's sad to see this kind of discrimination in the US.

We should be trying to set an example but don't bother.

But the Rock was WWE champion. His dad was black.

wow that was a very interesting read. I havent watched wrestling since like '01...but iirc the Rock got tons of love.

I wonder how JTG feels about this.
The only part of him that isn't stereotypical is the fact that he has a job.
laugh.gif
How the **** did Cryme Tyme not get backlashed to hell by angry mothers or something from the gate, that was blatant as all hell. Extended lol @ wrestling in butta Timbs.

...and depending on who you ask, Rocky doesn't count, being equally Samoan and coming from a generations-deep wrestling family. Any Samoan wrestler you see or have seen is more than likely related to the Rock.

On topic tho, like I said in the thread, this likely shocks no one. Vince McMahon is a capital D by the vast majority of accounts, it's not farfetched that he'd run that type of program.

The Godfather was lulz though. Wait no black Champion? WOWZERS I definitely didnt know that, thats a problem.

Last edited:
How is this surprising to anyone? Da Wrestling world

Leans HEAVILY on stereotypes....

Would I be correct in saying Booker T is the most successful FULLY black wrestler in history?
I'd find it hard to dispute you, him being a 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time WCW champ among a lot of other gold. Still tho, that's a relatively low ceiling looking at the entire span of his career compared to some of the other greats.

Cryme Tyme was OD racist lol.

If you remember their whole gimmick was 'looking for the big booty hose' and if i recalled correctly, they also robbed people too lol.

Eddie Guerrero (Mexican) also had the gimmick of always robbing people on the lowkey. Like he would dap someone up and hug em or whatever and when he walked away, they'd be missing their wallet or something lol.

Lol R-Truth smh.

If you're not familiar with any of these gimmicks, go on YouTube and look em up

Lol alot of lowkey racist stuff now that I look back

Last edited:
That was a nice article

The shadiness of the wrestling business isnt surprising sadly

Would I be correct in saying Booker T is the most successful FULLY black wrestler in history?

I'd find it hard to dispute you, him being a 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time WCW champ among a lot of other gold. Still tho, that's a relatively low ceiling looking at the entire span of his career compared to some of the other greats.

:lol: :lol:

I recently saw Shawn Michaels interview about homosexuality in wrestling and how people thought he was Vince's personal sexy boy. Ready to read this. Hopefully there's some mention of the Mexicools.

mexicools.jpg

:lol: :lol:

I recently saw Shawn Michaels interview about homosexuality in wrestling and how people thought he was Vince's personal sexy boy. Ready to read this. Hopefully there's some mention of the Mexicools.
link to the HBK article?

I'm on my phone now, don't have the exact link but there's a video where he speaks on homosexuality. Google Shawn Michaels homosexuality and look for an AOL video link.

I'm looking for the stuff where he addresses rumors now though. I remember I think Hawk from the Warriors being one of the first people to openly suggest HBK was gay.

Speaking of HBK's sexuality,crowds were chanting "Shawn is gay" back then.

:lol: @ the 2:40 mark.

Is it safe to say that Vince McMahon is worse than all pro team sports owners and boxing promoters and even Dana White?

Out of the top 20 highest paid Male Wrestlers on the roster of WWE 17 of them are white guys, only 2 mixed samoans and a Canadian of Indian descent being the exceptions. One of the mixed samoans is Roman Reigns who comes from a legendary Samoan Wrestling family thats like pro wrestling royalty

ninjahood ninjahood is right, pro wrestling's history is put together by Carny promoters that give all the wrestlers from minority backgrounds gimmicks with heavy stereotypes and many times just caricatures

Back
Top Bottom