RACIST BARS/DOORMEN

antonlavey

Banned
I may be late but has anyone seen/experienced this

http://www.myfoxchicago.c...others_accused_of_racism

There's this other bar in NYC called Continental that is notorious for not letting black people in. It's hilarious because they do this under thepretense of being a "classy spot". The place is a dump.

Bouncer: Nah we can't let you in with that suit, it's too rumpled. And your tie aint matching, you're not coordinating right.

Meanwhile the club is full of white people in hoodies and flip-flops
laugh.gif

One of the doormen at that place dresses like raiden
laugh.gif
. How are you goingto tell someone they can't come into a bar when you dress like a cambonian rice farmer.

Tell me about it.

I remember one time my boy couldn't get into a little social lounge because he had dreads.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Its an area down here in SC called 'Five Points' that is just ridiculous.

I don't understand why people throw fits about not getting into a club.

Just go to another one. Clubs are overrated anyways.

Originally Posted by soltheman

The place I'm talking about in NYC isn't even a club....it's a crappy dive bar
laugh.gif

it's the principle and it's wrong

I got this done to me....the most memorable was this spot in Station Square [forget what it's called....it's not Barroom tho]. Dood said my pantsweren't tight enough
smh.gif
I don't wear baggy jeans, but I don't wear nut huggers either...my jeans fit me right, nowhere near baggy, nowhere neartight. But yeah, he said my pants weren't tight enough....so I gave him 3 words to explain how I felt about him and how he wanted my pants tighter, and wewent to the Strip.

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

ur missing the point
i know i didn't touch on the subject, but i didn't miss the point. i just don't like clubs. regardless of their ethnic friendliness.

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

I got this done to me....the most memorable was this spot in Station Square [forget what it's called....it's not Barroom tho]. Dood said my pants weren't tight enough
smh.gif
I don't wear baggy jeans, but I don't wear nut huggers either...my jeans fit me right, nowhere near baggy, nowhere near tight. But yeah, he said my pants weren't tight enough....so I gave him 3 words to explain how I felt about him and how he wanted my pants tighter, and we went to the Strip.
I wear pretty fitted jeans, the excuse they gave me was that my jeans were too low rise
laugh.gif
. I didn't even argue, I stonefaced raiden and kept it moving.

I thought the whole "no plain tees, no tall tees, no fitteds, no sneakers, no baggy clothing, no "gang colors", etc., etc." was clearenough.

Sadly people like you just don't get it.

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

I thought the whole "no plain tees, no tall tees, no fitteds, no sneakers, no baggy clothing, no "gang colors", etc., etc." was clear enough.
you're missing the point.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I thought the whole "no plain tees, no tall tees, no fitteds, no sneakers, no baggy clothing, no "gang colors", etc., etc." was clear enough.

i might be wrong but i think hes saying that when clubs started saying this that it was clear there is a prejudice towards black males.

No, I don't think I am. My point is that they create a dress code that allows them the flexability to exclude people pretty much along racial lines."White people with flip flops" can get in, but a dude in semi baggy jeans and a button up is not allowed in. I know you only wear skinny jeans andtrench coats, but still they find a false reason to refuse you entry. It is wrong, but it isn't suprising given the nature of most bars (especially in'the city') dress code. My point is basically that you shouldn't be suprised and this is hardly news worthy.

Originally Posted by JuJu

i might be wrong but i think hes saying that when clubs started saying this that it was clear there is a prejudice towards black males.
what is the line for baggy jeans then? people are going there with fitted jeans and they are still being called baggy

Originally Posted by JuJu

my bad, if that's what he was saying

But I mean, honestly I have no problem with a dress code. My boy visited me last week and we went out of our way to find a place WITH a dress code. I do havean issue with it not being enforced fairly and consistently.

Originally Posted by THE FAME

Tell me about it.

I remember one time my boy couldn't get into a little social lounge because he had dreads.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Its an area down here in SC called 'Five Points' that is just ridiculous.
Yea there's a bar here in Charleston like that too. They sayno dreads, grills, or chains. To make matters worse, it's always crappy lil places that smell like fox piss but for some reason keep a good crowd
ohwell.gif

There's this other bar in NYC called Continental that is notorious for not letting black people in. It's hilarious because they do this under the pretense of being a "classy spot". The place is a dump.

Bouncer: Nah we can't let you in with that suit, it's too rumpled. And your tie aint matching, you're not coordinating right.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
. How are you going to tell someone they can't come into a bar when you dress like a cambonian rice farmer.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

There's this other bar in NYC called Continental that is notorious for not letting black people in. It's hilarious because they do this under the pretense of being a "classy spot". The place is a dump.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
. How are you going to tell someone they can't come into a bar when you dress like a cambonian rice farmer.
I have been to Continental and it is the worst bar I have ever been to.

Their gimmick is that they have 5 shots for 10 dollars...but the place is dirty, there's no music and once the novelty of the shot prices wears off, yourealize you'd rather be anywhere than in that dump.

I was there at the end of July this past summer and the bouncer wouldn't let me back in after I stepped outside to make a call...he said I was too drunk. Imean...if I go swimming, I'm going to get wet.

Originally Posted by pdouly33

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I have been to Continental and it is the worst bar I have ever been to.

Their gimmick is that they have 5 shots for 10 dollars...but the place is dirty, there's no music and once the novelty of the shot prices wears off, you realize you'd rather be anywhere than in that dump.

I was there at the end of July this past summer and the bouncer wouldn't let me back in after I stepped outside to make a call...he said I was too drunk. I mean...if I go swimming, I'm going to get wet.
BDW the shots are watered down, don't buy into that. A lot of bars in NYC actually got shutdown for watering down drinks.

But yeah, the place is a dump. The only reason people actually go there is for the 10 dollar 5 shot special, but even that isn't worth the terrible serviceand ambiance.

Back
Top Bottom