Racist Pro Wrestling Gimmicks

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Thanks NT, funniest +#+ I've seen all week. Why is my man talkin' gibberish? Is that supposed to be some native African tongue?
laugh.gif

And yes, a lot of wrestling characters are blatant stereotypes.
Yea thats what got me
roll.gif

i dont think koko b ware was racist.

a black dude that likes parrots. thats not a stereotype known to the masses.

unless i was so young that i missed something.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Thanks NT, funniest +#+ I've seen all week. Why is my man talkin' gibberish? Is that supposed to be some native African tongue?
laugh.gif

And yes, a lot of wrestling characters are blatant stereotypes.
Yea thats what got me
roll.gif
Right. And its not just limited to racial stereotypes. Back in the 80s there was a "gay" wrestler in the then-WWF called AdrianAdonis. He used to wear make-up and a feather boa and talk with a lisp. Pretty much every wrestler is a caricature in some way or another.

On a related note, I can't believe nobody has mentioned Junk Yard Dog in this thread yet. I'm not quite sure what stereotype he was perpetuating, butit had to be something.

On a related note, I can't believe nobody has mentioned Junk Yard Dog in this thread yet. I'm not quite sure what stereotype he was perpetuating, but it had to be something.
A black man with a chain around his neck... hmmmmm
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

On a related note, I can't believe nobody has mentioned Junk Yard Dog in this thread yet. I'm not quite sure what stereotype he was perpetuating, but it had to be something.
smh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif

this one was funny...Hakeem the "African" dream...

akeem.jpg

Sapphire
laugh.gif

01.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr Whomp Whomp
I think those dudes are real mexican wrestlers at the AAA in mexico. lol. I remember watching them and %*$%, I was just like wth
laugh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
; all in one. Does anybody know why the left WWE?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

yooo who remembers Slick?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

is he still around?

The Doctor of Style...my favorite manager of all time
laugh.gif

Don't forget my the original bridman, Koko with his hit single "Power Slam"
Koko%2BB.%2BWare.jpg

Son was the perfect weapon...walter payton, peabo bryson, kool moe dee, with a splash of Apollo Creed...
Rough.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Whomp Whomp

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
First thing I thought about when I think of racist wrestling gimmicks.� Dudes really hit the ring on the "Juan Deere" lawnmowers.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

smh.gif

WOW; I NEVER even looked at it like that

Wrestling stereotypes were awesome back then. I loved their use of name-related puns during interviews too! But yeah, the stereotypes had to change kid'sperception of races or nationalities. Thanks to the Bushwhackers, I always thought New Zealanders always licked faces. Thanks to Owen Hart I always thoughtCanadians couldn't fly!

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Wrestling stereotypes were awesome back then. I loved their use of name-related puns during interviews too! But yeah, the stereotypes had to change kid's perception of races or nationalities. Thanks to the Bushwhackers, I always thought New Zealanders always licked faces. Thanks to Owen Hart I always thought Canadians couldn't fly!
dude thats not even right, but I did chuckle

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Wrestling stereotypes were awesome back then. I loved their use of name-related puns during interviews too! But yeah, the stereotypes had to change kid's perception of races or nationalities. Thanks to the Bushwhackers, I always thought New Zealanders always licked faces. Thanks to Owen Hart I always thought Canadians couldn't fly!
dude thats not even right, but I did chuckle

That's not even right one bit
indifferent.gif

The WWF was giving it to everybody back then.

Jacques Rougeau of the Rougeau Brothers as "The Mountie"

New Zeland's The Bushwakers- Sardine eating
smh.gif

bushwhackers.jpg

HillBilly Jim
hillbilly_jim.jpg

The Brooklyn Brawler-
laugh.gif

brawler2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom